Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Transient People posted:

People still use Twitch when Azubu and the lolchampseries channel exist?

Youtube and lolevent vod's on Reddit is where I see everything myself.

Also: the Game 1 of MS vs G2 is... special.

Gangplank top, Teemo Mid, Varus carry, Sion jungle, Zyra support.

Calax fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Doubleposting because in NA challenger of mid Cho vs Urgod in F5 vs NME

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Calax posted:

Doubleposting because in NA challenger of mid Cho vs Urgod in F5 vs NME

I came for the Cho vs Urgot, stayed for the derpy penguins.

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

The clips from the ingame comms from FNC - UOL are just loving amazing
Edit: Also Alex Ich is playing in NACS right now, I think he and his new team are just playing as subs for TDK though.

Yuran M. Bazil fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 26, 2015

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
IMO TDK should switch their sub and main roster players. Also, Yuno is apparently a really solid adc as well as support, who knew?

e: Uh, I have CLB's support on my friends list from a normal game or something. Pretty sure she never made it past d3 though, so idk what's up with that. But still, got that pro player connection.

foutre fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 26, 2015

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

lol CLB just got a free kill from a DC
and alex just died trying to 1v1 sion under turret i love challenger

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
AD CARRY MECHANICS

I don't think I could have sat through this game if the commentators weren't loving around

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

foutre posted:

IMO TDK should switch their sub and main roster players. Also, Yuno is apparently a really solid adc as well as support, who knew?

Yeah, I definitely got that impression from watching some of her solo que games. She's a very talented player.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So Nien's gotten a kill every two minutes, huh

EDIT: IE, PD, BT completed by 21 min

Jenny Angel fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 26, 2015

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Congrats to the fox sports network on their challenger series win.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Congrats to the fox sports network on their challenger series win.

[shakes head incredibly wisely]

No, the acronym means something different

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I can't believe TSD is throwing this loving game

edit: nevermind

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
No, they were definitely throwing it.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

curiousCat posted:

No, they were definitely throwing it.

Yeah but I thought they were going to full on lose it when that full minute death timer popped up.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

So I have a quick question now the end of the split is coming up and I'm caught up on the EU LCS, how does the promotion series work? Do 2 teams max get kicked from the LCS or could all 3 relegation zone teams go down?

Also UOL are my favourite team after that Fnatic match.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

njsykora posted:

So I have a quick question now the end of the split is coming up and I'm caught up on the EU LCS, how does the promotion series work? Do 2 teams max get kicked from the LCS or could all 3 relegation zone teams go down?

In theory all 3 can go down. The 10th place team is auto relegated for the first place challenger team. 8th and 9th play a series with the 2nd and 3rd.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

njsykora posted:

All three could go down but it will depend a lot on how good EU challenger teams are too. Giants and MYM are pretty bad by LCS standards but that doesn't mean they'll be easy for challenger teams to take down, necessarily. I don't watch the challenger series so I don't know if they're good though.

All that really matters though is that somebody at the bottom wins enough to put Elements in relegations. :getin:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

As it stands right now, in the EU series

Origen takes over MYM's spot..

LowLandLions and Gamers 2 go up against either Roccat/Elements or Giants gaming.

However, this assumes the standings in the league dictate the playoffs. Right now in Playoffs Reason Gaming and Team Dignitas EU have to tie breaker it to see who's the last person into the playoffs, and hen the winner of the playoffs gets MYM's spot.

Edit: Whoops, wait. MyM can actually get out of Auto Relegation this weekend if they win more than Giants. They're tied (both at 4-12) right now. And if Elements drops both games and Giants and MYM win both of theirs... it's a three way tie for last.

Hell you could have a four way tie if Roccat and Elements both go 0-2 and Giants and MYM both go 2-0.

Calax fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 26, 2015

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Calax posted:

As it stands right now, in the EU series

Origen takes over MYM's spot..

LowLandLions and Gamers 2 go up against either Roccat/Elements or Giants gaming.

However, this assumes the standings in the league dictate the playoffs. Right now in Playoffs Reason Gaming and Team Dignitas EU have to tie breaker it to see who's the last person into the playoffs, and hen the winner of the playoffs gets MYM's spot.

Edit: Whoops, wait. MyM can actually get out of Auto Relegation this weekend if they win more than Giants. They're tied (both at 4-12) right now. And if Elements drops both games and Giants and MYM win both of theirs... it's a three way tie for last.

Hell you could have a four way tie if Roccat and Elements both go 0-2 and Giants and MYM both go 2-0.

Copenhagen Wolves can still theoretically drop into relegation matches if they lose both their games this week and Roccat and Elements win theirs.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
EU LCS is very tight.

MYM and Giants are both fighting to escape auto-relegation, but MYM's road is arguably harder. MYM plays SK and Roccat, Giants plays Elements and Wolves.

Speaking of Elements, if they were to lose to both Giants and FNC and Giants beats Wolves, then Elements would get the last spot of relegation.

The only way MYM can avoid auto-relegation is if they end up with a better standing than Giants or tie with Giants then win the tie-breaker against them.

Exciting!!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah this really has been a great jumping on point, EU LCS is a tight race for playoffs and has had some amazing games for a new watcher. The key I think is that MYM in my eyes have looked capable of winning games whereas Giants have just been a complete mess. I'd be very surprised if Giants win another game but I can see MYM getting an upset over Roccat.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
MYM's problem isn't talent, it's management. Everyone, by all accounts, are miserable on that team and some of them were getting physically threatened. Motivation has got to be a bigger killer than anything else for them, the talents there. Supa Hot Crew were a great team last split, H0r0 is a good jungler, and they dumped KaSing without the coaches permission and he ended up leaving to H2k which are looking at a second place finish, third at worst.

Giants were just your above average challenger team. They looked good in Week 1 and then fell while the rest of the teams got warmed up.

Roccat were a team pros kept saying were good but they could never get footing, and Elements were a team that were supposed to be good but can't figure out what the core issue of their team is (It's not having a star playmaker/shotcaller because Froggen isn't flashy and can't shotcall and play at the same time)

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
MYM are the team that deserve to get knocked out to punish that lovely loving org.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Disinterested posted:

MYM are the team that deserve to get knocked out to punish that lovely loving org.
Most of those guys can probably get on another team pretty easily, h0r0 will probably go back to Korea. Hopefully MYM doesn't buy out another challenger team like Coast did.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Disinterested posted:

Agreed. Hopefully they don't buy another challenger team if one other than Origen gets into EU LCS.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Insec broke his leg jumping down a floor in the Demacia Cup venue and will not play.

The most likely of esports injuries.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
insec overextending again

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Looks like Forgiven is not a fan of nRated (and is pretty vocal about it) and is thinking about leaving SK, who are in turn searching for a sub: http://www.dailydot.com/esports/sk-gaming-forg1ven-lcs/ .

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

foutre posted:

Looks like Forgiven is not a fan of nRated (and is pretty vocal about it) and is thinking about leaving SK, who are in turn searching for a sub: http://www.dailydot.com/esports/sk-gaming-forg1ven-lcs/ .

wow the best western adc doesnt like laning with a shitter?

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 26, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Turns out real life Insec kicks are even harder to pull off.

As for Forgiven: This is CLG's chance to get rid of Dlift.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Savage Cracker posted:

Turns out real life Insec kicks are even harder to pull off.

As for Forgiven: This is CLG's chance to get rid of Dlift.

That's what CLG needs, an ADC with a ton of baggage, no international success whatsoever, but a ton of mechanics/potential.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Hypocrisy posted:

That's what CLG needs, an ADC with a ton of baggage, no international success whatsoever, but a ton of mechanics/potential.

:drat:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

CLG forgiven would be fun because he is basically doublelift in lane & sneaky in teamfights, which is like what any ADC should try to be. He needs more champions though.

I would think we'd see like FNC Forgiven or TL Forgiven or some poo poo. Theres no 'top team' out there that needs an ADC. Maybe he can go to EL & really gently caress them up.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Yeah, I don't know many teams that would want to pick up Forg1ven. Even if the guy's a monster in-game, he seems like such a whiny primadonna IRL. SK looks like the perfect place for him, I don't think he'll find a better option.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Jerkface posted:

wow the best western adc doesnt like laning with a nobody?

Sorry bud, you're talking about the winner of the 2012 Cdiscount Cup #4.

(And I guess Dreamhack and a bunch of LCS splits or whatever).

I do think that nRated should be moved to an analyst/coach role, that's really where he shines imo. I mean, back in the day he was one of the best aggressive supports in Europe, but I don't think he's that likely to get there again. Tbh I think that Forgiven will whine himself right out of competitive League of Legends in a split or two.

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends
CLG should drop Link and pick up Incarnati0n when he is unbanned also. Potential increasing!!!

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Liquid should pick him up so they can have another massive contract player being overshadowed by a substitute

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

exethan posted:

Liquid should pick him up so they can have another massive contract player being overshadowed by a substitute

Forgiven kind of looks like the creepy groundskeeper from every horror house movie/show. Piglet and Keith would probably just "go missing".

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Looks like Roccat is building a Yasuo comp...

e: A Kat is fine too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Today's games:

CW - Roc
H2K - Fnc
SK - MYM
Gia - Elements
UoL - Gmb