Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Bennett and Dalton sold the hell out of that scene.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Bennett and Dalton sold the hell out of that scene.

Ward is so good that I can't tell if he's really into mask lady or just using her for some evil guy stuff.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I'm willing to go all-in and believe Ward is not crazy at all and is a totally cool dude. Why can't people just accept that all of his problems were because of Garrett/HYDRA/his family, and he's actually doing OK now that they're all gone? :smith:

#TeamWard

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Ward is so good that I can't tell if he's really into mask lady or just using her for some evil guy stuff.

I'm thinking he cares about her, but that has never stopped him from using people for evil stuff.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Its kind of funny how much I keep making parallels to the Metal Gear Franchise when it comes to movies and shows involving Shield.

Now I keep vainly waiting for "Heaven's Divide" to start playing at some point of the show

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

He sneers about the Pumpkin Pancakes when he thinks she isn't there, because it is something he ordered to give her an impression of him. And I'm really not buying the 'gosh, I just so happen to think that the best way to help you is to kidnap Bakshi from Air Force custody using special abilities only you have. Honestly, it's all to help you :)' He needs Sunil for something. I dunno, I find it really hard to buy that he's remotely benign.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Its kind of funny how much I keep making parallels to the Metal Gear Franchise when it comes to movies and shows involving Shield.

Now I keep vainly waiting for "Heaven's Divide" to start playing at some point of the show

Or "Rules of Nature" during the Bobbi/May fight next episode.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

REAL S.H.I.E.L.D. wants to shut down Coulson SHIELD because Izzy got dead. That's it. That's why they hate Coulson. gently caress REAL S.H.I.E.L.D..

Also, looks like people will soon be saying Hail Wardra!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Since that was all edited in later, it's fun to watch that scene as "Clark Gregg showing off his dance moves."

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

hiddenriverninja posted:

He's manipulating the gently caress out of her. All the 'real self' stuff is just to make her a more loyal asset, no way a guy as smart as Ward would give her those face powers and not have a plan to keep her onside.

I've got no idea what his endgame is though. Conquering Skye is probably part of it but hopefully that's not his only goal.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

My theory about Ward's game-plan using Agent 33, using what little comic knowledge I do possess I think he's trying to create Maggia. Agent 33 sounds more and more like Madame Masque.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Ward just brings up too many unanswered questions - this week did he shoot the mask fixer? :ohdear:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Pan Dulce posted:

My theory about Ward's game-plan using Agent 33, using what little comic knowledge I do possess I think he's trying to create Maggia. Agent 33 sounds more and more like Madame Masque.

That's who I've thought she was all along.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Mr Beens posted:

Ward just brings up too many unanswered questions - this week did he shoot the mask fixer? :ohdear:

Yes. There's a snippet of dialog at the hotel where Ward was like "remember we can't have any witnesses".

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm really hoping Ward's entire plan is some convoluted bullshit he uses in the hopes that he can get back in good graces with Skye.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Part of me hates that since I have this as a season pass, I can't live post with everyone else.

The rest of me loves the fact that I can rewatch all of this fantastic batshit insanity forever.

And yeah, I think there's some easter eggs in that data Coulson's pulling up, but I can't read it.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Dexo posted:

I'm really hoping Ward's entire plan is some convoluted bullshit he uses in the hopes that he can get back in good graces with Skye.

"I'll brainwash this guy into turning the Hydra leadership on each other, totally making up for my betrayal and Skye will have to love me! This plan is almost too perfect!"

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Oh, and if you're not following Clark Gregg on Facebook, you really should.

Really should.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Really should.

Why is Justice Mendoza fighting Mike Casper?!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Deadpool posted:

It seems like she's a cross between Madame Masque/Madame Hydra, but not. We'll see if they actually bring her back into a HYDRA connection or not.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I loved how every interaction Ward kept shifting his own ideas and actions on her e.g. "look what you've done, I'm so proud of you"

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Kheldarn posted:

REAL S.H.I.E.L.D. wants to shut down Coulson SHIELD because Izzy got dead. That's it. That's why they hate Coulson. gently caress REAL S.H.I.E.L.D..

Also, looks like people will soon be saying Hail Wardra!

I hope their headquarters is called the Wardroom.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Really should.

Lieutenant Castillo is so going to beat up that guy for pretending to be an EMT to get a date (and he thought Charlotte's impotent husband is already tough to handle).

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 26, 2015

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Beens posted:

The mask-fixer dude just moved upstate.

To a farm.

To live with Buddy.

Ward killed him and he also killed Buddy the dog. Ward is a horrible person.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Azhais posted:

I couldn't make out anything specific. I get the strong impression that what that is is all of Fury's secret, secret stuff. Things that didn't get released with the rest of the Shield files, like all of his hidden bases and such.

He might been looking up the address/access passwords for Skye's cabin there, or for other good places to keep her.

prak
Jan 3, 2006

---------
Nap Ghost

Pan Dulce posted:

I miss Tripp. Why did he have to die again?

So they could pick up the pieces.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Were they using the Stargate SG1 command set for the heli carrier? I'm like 90% sure Hunter walked through the control room at the end there.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Deadpool posted:

It's a shame we'll never get a "Why would you sleep with a female Dr Doom?" Scene.

This might be reaching but was Skye's cabin the same one from that episode of Angel where Wesley pretends to be Angel?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Just went through the Toolbox scene again.

The first screen Coulson is looking at is labeled "Fortified SHIELD Installations." Above it is labeled "The Homestead," which I'm pretty sure is what the cabin is called. It has several bullet points:

-Classified Location
-Advanced Monitoring and Security Measures
-Vibramium Blast Doors

The next menu he pulls down is "Homestead Weapons and Armaments" The other menu choices I could make out are "Local Assets" "Communications Array" and "Specialized Facilities"

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Talbot's nearly spiritual sermon about riding lawnmowers felt like it would have been right at home in an episode of King of the Hill. I can see Hank Hill giving the exact same speech, with the exact same slightly disturbing reverence.

... and after that, the episode gave me several excuses to shout "Dangit Bobbi!" at my TV.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?

Robot Hobo posted:

Talbot's nearly spiritual sermon about riding lawnmowers felt like it would have been right at home in an episode of King of the Hill. I can see Hank Hill giving the exact same speech, with the exact same slightly disturbing reverence.

... and after that, the episode gave me several excuses to shout "Dangit Bobbi!" at my TV.

This made me laugh more than it should have

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Robot Hobo posted:

Thank god I wasn't the only one.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

Just went through the Toolbox scene again.

The first screen Coulson is looking at is labeled "Fortified SHIELD Installations." Above it is labeled "The Homestead," which I'm pretty sure is what the cabin is called. It has several bullet points:

-Classified Location
-Advanced Monitoring and Security Measures
-Vibramium Blast Doors

The next menu he pulls down is "Homestead Weapons and Armaments" The other menu choices I could make out are "Local Assets" "Communications Array" and "Specialized Facilities"

Good work, my aged eyes thank you.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The mask-fixer dude just moved upstate.

To a farm.

To live with Buddy.

Ward killed him and he also killed Buddy the dog. Ward is a horrible person.

That was what I was alluding to, I wasn't seriously asking the question

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

That was what I was alluding to, I wasn't seriously asking the question

But at the same time, I really enjoy how they leave it just open enough that if you're just the densest motherfucker in the world you might actually think he's on the level and not all that bad after all. And not realize half the people he's killed. They don't paint him like a villain in typical ways - like he doesn't cackle madly, they often make sure not to show him killing people, he always gives an explanation with an expression on his face so earnest that it often seems like even he believes it...

Like, we all realize Ward killed his family, but did they ever make a character explicitly say those words? I forget. Just, point is, if you're the kind of person, of which I bet there are way more than we'd like to think, that through some combination of "unable to read subtext" and "not really paying attention" still thinks there's hope for Ward... you're basically in the same shoes as Agent 33. And to me that's hilarious.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

XboxPants posted:

They don't paint him like a villain in typical ways

His evil goatee begs to differ

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

His evil goatee begs to differ

Hey, he shaved when he repented, he's good now.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

XboxPants posted:

But at the same time, I really enjoy how they leave it just open enough that if you're just the densest motherfucker in the world you might actually think he's on the level and not all that bad after all. And not realize half the people he's killed. They don't paint him like a villain in typical ways - like he doesn't cackle madly, they often make sure not to show him killing people, he always gives an explanation with an expression on his face so earnest that it often seems like even he believes it...

Like, we all realize Ward killed his family, but did they ever make a character explicitly say those words? I forget. Just, point is, if you're the kind of person, of which I bet there are way more than we'd like to think, that through some combination of "unable to read subtext" and "not really paying attention" still thinks there's hope for Ward... you're basically in the same shoes as Agent 33. And to me that's hilarious.

Agreed. I loved his whole speech to agent 33 about how he resolved his family issues, he made it sound so nice and respectable. Ward is batshit enough that he probably belives it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

XboxPants posted:

Hey, he shaved when he repented, he's good now.

He's growing it back again :v:

• Locked thread