Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

rest in peace, solid snake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I actually think Brawl is the best looking smash game style-wise if you're playing on an EDTV

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Snake was one of the best things about Brawl and we are all worse off for his passing

This is true and I think Snake could still fit in well with Smash 4's art style.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Snake DLC.:(

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I wish Snake was in Smash 4 but he just looked like he did in Brawl

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kelp Plankton posted:

I wish Snake was in Smash 4 but he just looked like he did in Brawl

Also, DK should look like he did in 64.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Megaman v Sonic in top 8 @ final round http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mega man had a hard life

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ain't so mega now are you mr man

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/249633-sakurai-discusses-the-various-miiverse-requests-for-smash-bros-characters-almost-made-takamaru-playable

So another Blue haired anime swordsman, Takamaru, was considered for Smash but there wasn't a whole lot of fan familiarity with him.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Pixeltendo posted:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/249633-sakurai-discusses-the-various-miiverse-requests-for-smash-bros-characters-almost-made-takamaru-playable

So another Blue haired anime swordsman, Takamaru, was considered for Smash but there wasn't a whole lot of fan familiarity with him.

Nobody knew who Marth or Roy were before Melee

E: Maybe he's talking about Japan too though

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

People compare Takamaru to Little Mac a lot, but Little Mac got a new game on the Wii and has had some cameos in stuff like Captain Rainbow. Takamaru hasn't even had that.

It's closer to Pit, but Pit also had a Gameboy sequel to his NES game and was known in both the US and Japan.

Takamaru's just an obscure dude. Even in Japan.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Do you play much online
Uh, Brawl no longer works online so that's kind of a moot point.

Sire Oblivion posted:

It is, but when EVERY character benefits from being defensive and being in an offensive position always puts you at risk you get slow and boring gameplay especially at the high level.
Nobody's asking for that are they?

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Takamaru did show up in Captain Rainbow actually.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Nobody knew who Marth or Roy were before Melee

E: Maybe he's talking about Japan too though

They were supposed to be cut from the English version of the game for this very reason, but playtesters liked their playstyle so they were kept.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Chaltab posted:

Uh, Brawl no longer works online so that's kind of a moot point.

There have been workarounds for a while AFAIK

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Takamaru was also in the Wii version of Samurai Warriors 3, complete with an extra Murasame Castle mode.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
I'm sure that this has been brought up before, but I'm just here to lament the lack of Magicant on the soundtrack CD. Carry on.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dreyvas posted:

I'm sure that this has been brought up before, but I'm just here to lament the lack of Magicant on the soundtrack CD. Carry on.

I'm here to lament the lack of my soundtrack CD

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Takamaru's the new go-to guy for Nintendo trivialists, now that Punchout is now strongly ingrained into the Nintendo identity as much now as it was in the NES era.

Also, when are they going to put Murasame Castle on the Wii U eshop in North America? I know it's on the 3DS shop, but c'mon.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Is Takamaru from that one game with the catchy music that showed up in the retro stages? If so, I'd give a thumbs up solely for that.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How are you guys playing Project M, and are you playing it on your PC?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dreyvas posted:

I am still pissed that they went with Tetris A instead of Tetris B. :mad:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Turtlicious posted:

I do. I can also play it on my Wii U through homebrew.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Turtlicious posted:

I play it on PC and on my friend's Wii when we hang out, though I haven't really played much since winter break.

Endevin
Oct 30, 2011

Afro Demon should be in id's next game.
If anyone's interested, a friend of mine is running an amiibo tournament for charity. He's taking 16 amiibos at a time that will each be "auctioned" off to the highest bidder, who will then be represented by said amiibo in the tournament. The bids are pooled and the person who's amiibo wins will get 15% of the pool, and the other 85% will be donated to the charity of the winner's choosing.

Here's a link to a video explaining it in more detail:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f0F50m0uiM

Even if you don't participate, it should at least be entertaining to watch.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Turtlicious posted:

If you have Brawl and a Wii I think you only need to download the launcher onto an SD card. On PC you need an emulator like Dolphin.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sire Oblivion posted:

Play on Dolphin and your resolution issues are gone and it looks drat beautiful in HD, can't help with the Villager though. :(

Dolphin can have slight performance issues. You'll never notice it if you're playing most singleplayer games on a good setup but the occasional hiccups when doing Project M can get annoying. I mean if you're the type of person who is modding an old game to be an older game you'll probably care

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

More Ridley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_TlZ_zeTlo

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Pixeltendo posted:

The greatest thing about this stream is we have historical video footage of Sakurai saying "Spongebob" and nothing that happens now in Smash history can ever take that away.

Also I like how they mention Segata Sanshiro amongst other bizarre requests. More than a decade after his demise and his soul still lingers on. If Sega ever made another inner-company 3D fighter crossover what's left of the entire hardcore gaming community of Japan would basically force them to put him in the game wouldn't they?

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Is there an IRC hangout or something where we can get goon games going of Smash4?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Interstellar Owl posted:

Is there an IRC hangout or something where we can get goon games going of Smash4?

#goonsmash on syn.irc.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Ruggington posted:

mega man had a hard life

Any time I talk about Mega Man nowadays, peoples' first responses are always about how nobody knows who Mega Man is anymore because he hasn't been in anything recently, and it always makes me want to curl up into a little ball and cry. :(

Maybe I just have lovely friends, I dunno.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Any time I talk about Mega Man nowadays, peoples' first responses are always about how nobody knows who Mega Man is anymore because he hasn't been in anything recently, and it always makes me want to curl up into a little ball and cry. :(

Maybe I just have lovely friends, I dunno.

A rather amusing contrast to what the complaints were just a few years ago.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SilverSupernova posted:

A rather amusing contrast to what the complaints were just a few years ago.

Yeah, amusing, heh...

:smith:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah, amusing, heh...

:smith:

Hey, at least Mega Man still appears in games from time to time.
Try being a Bomberman fan for the past 5 years.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

SilverSupernova posted:

Hey, at least Mega Man still appears in games from time to time.
Try being a Bomberman fan for the past 5 years.

Didn't the company that owned Bomberman go belly-up?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Theta Zero posted:

Yeah and now Konami owns the ip. If I'm remembering right they even made a classic Bomberman game for mobile only.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Theta Zero posted:

Yep. Hudson was bought by Konami, and then it kept running for a while until Konami decided to kill it off, along with all of Hudson's IPs. The last thing Bomberman showed up in was Tetris Axis for the 3DS I believe.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I take it that also means Master Higgins won't appear in Smash in the near future?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Mercury Crusader posted:

Yep. Hudson was bought by Konami, and then it kept running for a while until Konami decided to kill it off, along with all of Hudson's IPs. The last thing Bomberman showed up in was Tetris Axis for the 3DS I believe.

Yeah it kinda of sad. Before Konami had brought Hudsun Soft' they were working on a new Bomberman and Bonk game for the 3DS. But after they merged with Konami the were told to cancel all games they were working on. Now the only new Bomberman games were on mobile phones.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/03/bomberman_and_bonk_cancelled_for_3ds
http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/03/23/hudson-cancels-upcoming-titles

Konami doesn't seem to want to use their IP other the Silent Hill, Metal Gear, and Castlevania. God I would love to see a new Goemon or a re-release of Sunset Riders and Mystic Warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I don't know why Bubsy and that stupid recycling possum is in it, but I think this should have happened

• Locked thread