Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsarbomb
Oct 14, 2008

Take us out of the system, but not too quickly. The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
Is a DK viable/interesting with a destruction staff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Tsarbomb posted:

Yes. DK is pretty much built to be a fire magic caster if you want it to be.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Roll Dunmer for the best Destro Staff DK combo

Flame Talent :getin:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Tsarbomb posted:

Yes. I'm doing this now. I am level 20 and its super fun. You just CC everything and then burn it a lot.
Following this build. http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-skill-calculator/dragonknight/?asb=6934

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
That's odd, I tried a build like that but couldn't make it work, though that was a while ago now. (update 4?)

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
So which "megaserver" are the goon guilds on? Are any of them in the EU?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
The one alive is on NA, EU so far has had few returns.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Berke Negri posted:

I use this add-on for alchemy and you basically can select potion strength and qualities and it will pull up a list of everything you can make. Just select it from the list and it will automatically slot the needed reagents.

Alchemy is also ridiculously easy to level up. I spent about 10,000 gold yesterday afternoon shopping for all the needed mats and then just went from level 5 to level 40 in less than an hour.

Oh wow awesome, I'm going to test that addon out today. I also switched from FTC to CombatCloud and I totally agree with earlier statements, its far superior!

If I had 10,000 gold I would probably be buying more bag upgrades then maxing out Alchemy I think!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'll Nth the sentiment that Combat Cloud + ggFrames are the two MUST HAVE addons for Teso. It's kind of funny how much nicer looking Unit Frames + Scrolling Combat text can change the feel of a game. Getting proper feedback from your actions in game is really important

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

vug posted:

That's odd, I tried a build like that but couldn't make it work, though that was a while ago now. (update 4?)
What level were you and what were the issues?
I'm only level 20, but things in PVE just melt. In PvP it also feels really good. The top bar is some good DPS and the drain over time helps keep you alive. The bottom bar is perfect as an oh poo poo bar and I even took out a group 1v3.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

eSporks posted:

What level were you and what were the issues?
I'm only level 20, but things in PVE just melt. In PvP it also feels really good. The top bar is some good DPS and the drain over time helps keep you alive. The bottom bar is perfect as an oh poo poo bar and I even took out a group 1v3.

I was around 20, too squishy and I couldn't kite. I don't think I kept burning embers on my bar because it wasn't effective so I tried to knock things out of melee range with destructive reach and would just go oom and get hosed over. Obsidian shard was even more expensive and also a slow moving projectile, I'm not sure what that ability is good for really. I used dual wield on my second bar (should've used sword and shield) and again didn't seem to get effective survivability out of the twin slashes self heal morph. I ended up just giving up and rolling a new character

In update 6 they've actually significantly improved survivability on dual wield and the effectiveness of destructive reach (it's got the same really long range as force shock, mage's fury etc. now and I'm using it as my main spammable-ish DPS on my PVPing sorcerer) so if I hadn't deleted him he might well be a lot more powerful now.

vug fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 26, 2015

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I'm not really sure about the changes, but its seems fun now, and I don't have those issues really. I will say that PVE is a lot easier with a frost staff though. Destructive reach just perma roots everything. Though even with a fire staff, I don't have issues with single targets, and on groups the burning talons takes care of everything.
Getting dragon skin is pretty huge too. Its an insane heal and really strong o-poo poo button. If anything gets rough I just swap to the 1h+shield bar and spam that while holding block. Can't wait until I get the AOE drain, deep breath, too.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Once you get inhale ability as a DK that is pretty much it in regards to being able to do any solo pve content. After that you pretty much can take anything around 3-5 mobs at a time.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

All of you Ebonheart Goons need to download and install this addon and help me keep our guildbank nice and clean.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Yes, please, do.
It takes no time to run it after dumping stuff in the bank.

mid83
Oct 15, 2012
Which Goon guild is the most active? I'm patching the game and will be jumping in soon. Might as well play with Goons from the start.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

mid83 posted:

Which Goon guild is the most active? I'm patching the game and will be jumping in soon. Might as well play with Goons from the start.
Both guilds are getting more active nowadays although the Ebonheart one still has Scyantific, the guildmaster, is actually still playing the game unlike the Daggerfall's.
You can be in both anyways, if you want to.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Are there a few large/active auction guilds that @verranicus can get an invite to? I forgot how convoluted the auction house system was in this game.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
Hey I'm rolling with the Lizard Pact best Pact.

can i get an invite for @HardKase

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
@Sheepknight would like guild invites please, EP in particular.

How much would I miss out on by skipping group dungeons while leveling? Party finder groups have been a mess and I don't want to outlevel questing by too much.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Psychepath posted:

How much would I miss out on by skipping group dungeons while leveling? Party finder groups have been a mess and I don't want to outlevel questing by too much.

Its not enough to set you back, but as a VR 5 if I'm around I'm always willing to help carry people through dungeons. I've helped a few goons through past couple of weeks but ask on weekends and likely someone will be around.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Could I get a lizard pact invite please? @eajmartin

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
I just installed combat cloud on the recommendations in this thread and it's exactly what I want from a combat hud. I can't recommend it enough.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Psychepath posted:

Berke Negri posted:

Its not enough to set you back, but as a VR 5 if I'm around I'm always willing to help carry people through dungeons. I've helped a few goons through past couple of weeks but ask on weekends and likely someone will be around.
Same here. Considering how easy it is to swap roles around I can tank for you guys while you do all the damage. Just ask in chat.

Verranicus posted:

Are there a few large/active auction guilds that @verranicus can get an invite to? I forgot how convoluted the auction house system was in this game.
As long as you're active, I can see if I can get you into my current trade guild. We've got a guild vendor in Mournhold (which is a prime spot). Also we do raffles or some poo poo to get funds for the vendor and to hand out as prizes.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Are there any decent 2-Hander DK PVP builds someone could share? Starting to feel like I should just reroll Dark Elf and be a Destro Staff DK.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Scyantific posted:

Same here. Considering how easy it is to swap roles around I can tank for you guys while you do all the damage. Just ask in chat.

As long as you're active, I can see if I can get you into my current trade guild. We've got a guild vendor in Mournhold (which is a prime spot). Also we do raffles or some poo poo to get funds for the vendor and to hand out as prizes.

Would appreciate it. I tend to play at least a bit each day.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

HardKase posted:

I just installed combat cloud on the recommendations in this thread and it's exactly what I want from a combat hud. I can't recommend it enough.

Yeah it's just Really Good. Did you install GGframes as well? They're pretty nice. The only thing I can't really figure out is how to configure my buff bar under my frame. Anyone know?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
Any DK's have a pretty solid PVP build? I'm getting my rear end handed to me pretty badly.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

CAT BRUSH posted:

Any DK's have a pretty solid PVP build? I'm getting my rear end handed to me pretty badly.
I posted one up above I'm enjoying. I am low level though.

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
Tanking, Magicka DPS or Stam DPS DK?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Red Herring posted:

Tanking, Magicka DPS or Stam DPS DK?

Well I dual-wield, so probably stam dps.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Magicka-based builds are p good right now, and seem the be the choice over stamina builds.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I am having a lot of fun in pvp as a destro/resto sorcerer

destro staff: destructive reach, velocious curse, pulsar, crystal fragments, inner light, soul assault
resto staff: mutagen, streak, combat prayer, daedric minefield, inner light, greater storm atronach
gear and mundus stone all specced for boosting spell crit and max magicka

own zone

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
does a simon belmont build still work

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
2h / DW DK Stam is pretty strong in PvP, but better in a small group.

Stampede / Crit Rush, Wrecking Blow, Evil Hunter, Rally, Burning Breath, Flawless Dawnbreaker (U)

Steel Tornado, Vigor, Evil Hunter, Razor Caltrops, Green Dragon Blood, Shifting Standard (U)

Armour sets are a big deal now. The ideal sets for this is very expensive, but can be substituted.

7/7 Medium

4pc Morag Tong, 3pc Shadow Walker, 3pc Way of Air, DW - Hundings Rage, 2h - Masters

The Way of Air is fairly cheap, shadow walker is jewelry and pretty much the only necessary bit. Morag Tong 4pc can be substituted for either Sentry or Ashen Grip. In VR PvP you want to hit around 25k HP, and then the rest of the points into your stam.

vug posted:

I am having a lot of fun in pvp as a destro/resto sorcerer

destro staff: destructive reach, velocious curse, pulsar, crystal fragments, inner light, soul assault
resto staff: mutagen, streak, combat prayer, daedric minefield, inner light, greater storm atronach
gear and mundus stone all specced for boosting spell crit and max magicka

own zone

Meteor is a better ult than Soul Assault atm. Use a healing ward instead of Combat Prayer, the shield from healing allows you to 1vX. You also want hardened ward on both bars, I'd switch Impulse and probably Mutagen for it. Hardened Ward is amazing and scales off your magicka. It's your primary way to stay alive, and can be cast multiple times. I put 62 points into Magicka, because it's that good.

Red Herring fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Mar 28, 2015

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Meteor is better than soul assault but i sure as hell haven't read all those lore books yet, my mages guild rank is only about 8 and a half. I'm running with conjured ward (not morphed yet) in PvE though so will try sticking it on my bar

vug fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Mar 28, 2015

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
Can I get an invite to ep? @notrub

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Third World Reggin posted:

does a simon belmont build still work

Kinda? Most builds I've seen use the Evil Hunter buff so all your attacks get super Belmont powers.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

tyrelhill posted:

Can I get an invite to ep? @notrub
Invite sent

Edit:
also sent
\/\/\/\/\/\/

radintorov fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eystighvall