Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Xeom posted:

Goons should I sell my Deathmist Raptor now? I feel like it will drop in price once the set is released :|

Compare it to whisper wood's price history and similarity in usage and hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Whisperwood Elemental is a good card though.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Whisperwood Elemental is a good card though.

Yeah, and it's still at what Deathmist Raptor currently is. Deathmist Raptor won't see this much play because it isn't a one-man army+wrath protection.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Chill la Chill posted:

Compare it to whisper wood's price history and similarity in usage and hype.

I don't get the comparison. Whisperwood started at $6-7 and had gone up to $12. Deathmist already starting at $15.

Also Whisperwood is good in any green deck because of its standalone power level. Deathmist is only conditionally good in a deck that can synergize with it.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Mezzanon posted:

I mirror mockery' my sidisi in a 2hg game while I had the u/b dragon that makes target opponent sac a creature when you do. Felt good man. It was two turns after my girlfriend dropped Ugin and wiped the board.

If you MM a Sidisi, the copy ETB, then the exploit trigger goes on the stack, then either the token or the original is killed as a SBA. If you choose to keep the original then when the exploit trigger resolves you may sac a dude but doing so does not tutor because the creature that generated the trigger, Token-Sidisi, is no longer around. If you choose to keep the token you get to sac and tutor but you lose your Sidisi in the bargain in exchange for a copy that vanishes at the end of combat. Don't MM your own legendary dudes.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Xeom posted:

Goons should I sell my Deathmist Raptor now? I feel like it will drop in price once the set is released :|

I think it could stay where it's at but I definitely don't think it's going higher so unless you want to build with it I'd sell now in case it drops. If you want to play with it down the line you'll either break even or save money.

Recess Rapist
Jul 4, 2004
I no longer whack; I use a driptorch.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

If you MM a Sidisi, the copy ETB, then the exploit trigger goes on the stack, then either the token or the original is killed as a SBA. If you choose to keep the original then when the exploit trigger resolves you may sac a dude but doing so does not tutor because the creature that generated the trigger, Token-Sidisi, is no longer around. If you choose to keep the token you get to sac and tutor but you lose your Sidisi in the bargain in exchange for a copy that vanishes at the end of combat. Don't MM your own legendary dudes.

I guess I'll have to settle for drawing two cards or flinging a -3/-3 at a potential blocker.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
They're doing a Modern Rotisserie Draft with a bunch of famous players and you can follow along on Google Docs, it's a slow draft.

To get you hyped, Marshall Sutcliffe took first pick Batterskull and just now Rashad Miller took FIRST PICK GLIMPSE THE UNTHINKABLE~!

https://t.co/mVjSB86GCt

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Recess Rapist posted:

I guess I'll have to settle for drawing two cards or flinging a -3/-3 at a potential blocker.

Mirror Mocking a Rakshasa Gravecaller turns him into a mini Grave Titan

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I am surprised that neither myself nor my two opponents noticed that. Oh well, pre-releases am I right?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I wonder what the statistics are on cards that go up from their pre-order price vs ones that go down, or if there's certain price ranges that are more likely to go up (i.e. cards that pre-order at $8-$10 go up 60% of the time or whatever). I feel like cards don't live up to their pre-release price hype most of the time but there has to be a sweet spot of "this card looks cool but no one knows, so it's $4 now. Oh wait it actually owns, now it's $10"

Boco_T posted:

They're doing a Modern Rotisserie Draft with a bunch of famous players and you can follow along on Google Docs, it's a slow draft.

To get you hyped, Marshall Sutcliffe took first pick Batterskull and just now Rashad Miller took FIRST PICK GLIMPSE THE UNTHINKABLE~!

https://t.co/mVjSB86GCt

gently caress yeah Glimpse. What's the card list they can select from, or is it just all Modern-legal cards?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 26, 2015

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

C-Euro posted:

I wonder what the statistics are on cards that go up from their pre-order price vs ones that go down, or if there's certain price ranges that are more likely to go up (i.e. cards that pre-order at $8-$10 go up 60% of the time or whatever)

gently caress yeah Glimpse. What's the card list they can select from, or is it just all Modern-legal cards?
Yeah, you can see the details in column K. Most people on Twitter seemed to be pointing out "why wouldn't you just take Cryptic or Mana Leak or something because nobody is going to plant their flag on Glimpse with PICK 1" and I think that's probably right. But this is a sweeter way to do it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Rashad also has the luck of being 6th in the draft order. Odds are Sam Black and BDM are going to spend their snake picks on their own archetypes.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

C-Euro posted:

I wonder what the statistics are on cards that go up from their pre-order price vs ones that go down, or if there's certain price ranges that are more likely to go up (i.e. cards that pre-order at $8-$10 go up 60% of the time or whatever). I feel like cards don't live up to their pre-release price hype most of the time but there has to be a sweet spot of "this card looks cool but no one knows, so it's $4 now. Oh wait it actually owns, now it's $10"
The vast majority of cards go down from their pre-order price. Basically every card in the set that doesn't end up seeing play in a Constructed format goes down in price, and only the ones that do see play can go up (and some of those even go down because the pre-order price was inflated). So probably less than 10% of any given set's cards actually increase in value.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Xeom posted:

If Deathmist Rapter is a thing in any format other than Standard a year from now I'll be hugely surprised. Actually, if it's a thing even in Standard a year from now I'll be hugely surprised. Sell sell sell.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Entropic posted:

If Deathmist Rapter is a thing in any format other than Standard a year from now I'll be hugely surprised. Actually, if it's a thing even in Standard a year from now I'll be hugely surprised. Sell sell sell.

I'll be hugely surprised if its a thing in Standard a week from now.

Recess Rapist
Jul 4, 2004
I no longer whack; I use a driptorch.
I'm on MODO for the first time and am doing a phantom newbie draft. I need to learn the controls, although I have a basic idea of what goes on based on the stupid amount of time I spend watching draft videos.

First opponent never showed up. How often should I expect to just sit and wait? Is each round a guaranteed 55 minutes or will the next round start sooner if everyone is done? DO I HAVE TO KEEP SITTING HERE?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Recess Rapist posted:

I'm on MODO for the first time and am doing a phantom newbie draft. I need to learn the controls, although I have a basic idea of what goes on based on the stupid amount of time I spend watching draft videos.

First opponent never showed up. How often should I expect to just sit and wait? Is each round a guaranteed 55 minutes or will the next round start sooner if everyone is done? DO I HAVE TO KEEP SITTING HERE?

You'll wait until everyone finishes their rounds, just like IRL.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You used to be able to watch the other matches to pass the time while you were waiting (like you can in real life), but IIRC they removed that after people complained about it mostly being used to scope out everyone else's deck (so you'd know what you had to play around when you faced them).

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Jabor posted:

You used to be able to watch the other matches to pass the time while you were waiting (like you can in real life), but IIRC they removed that after people complained about it mostly being used to scope out everyone else's deck (so you'd know what you had to play around when you faced them).

Unless you were LSV had a 3 letter username, in which case you couldn't watch replays because MODO.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MiddleEastBeast posted:

FYI I don't think you can logically hold both these views. They're both shards with the same split of land cards available to them, and where blue has Anticipate green has Sylvan Carytid. Either they're both bad or they're both good.

They are both somewhere between horrible and good.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I can't wait until Friday to buy a whole bunch of Dragons cards and never open a booster of it except for FNM prizes. Especially since all the stuff I want is going to be expensive :suicide:

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Confirming that ramp is the best strategy in legacy cube:

In the previous game I went turn 1 elf into turn 2 Nature's Lore plus Rofellos into turn 3 Woodfall Primus.

I also have a sneak attack.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

ungulateman posted:

I can't wait until Friday to buy a whole bunch of Dragons cards and never open a booster of it except for FNM prizes. Especially since all the stuff I want is going to be expensive :suicide:

What is expensive besides Narset, Sarkhan and Deathmist Raptor?

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Jesus gently caress my round 2 opponent just put fire/ice on an isochron scepter against my double elf + rofellos draw :suicide:.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I think you're overselling how bad the mana is for Esper. You have Urborg, 2 fetch lands and Caves not to mention that Temples are very good for mana fixing and Anticipate is a card.

The same way any UB battles RDW. It's not a great matchup but RDW isn't great vs any of the midrange decks in the meta so who knows how much it will even be played.

Didn't you say Jund Mana was bad for these same reasons?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

KidDynamite posted:

Jund doesn't want half its lands ETBing tapped. This is much less true of Esper.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

KidDynamite posted:

Jund wouldn't play 12 temples I don't think.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Office Commando posted:

My first ROE draft, how badly did I do this? My rares were Consume the Meek, the black jank that reveals the top card for them to lose the cc in life, and the flyers +2/+0, in that pack order. Windmill slammed Aura Gnarlid p1p1.

Looks okay, but you really rely on Aura Gnarlid and Spiritdancer.. You should definitely be playing Guard Duty to deal with any Eldrazi, and Affa Guard Hound because you only have 11 creatures than can attack. Spiritdancer and Aura Gnarlid are both very strong cards, so if you can get an Umbra onto one of them you probably win. However if an opponent can deal with an Auraed creature, such as with Narcolepsy, or Induce Despair, or just killing it before you suit it up, I don't see you winning at all. A bunch of bears is not what I want to play in this format.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

mcmagic posted:

Jund wouldn't play 12 temples I don't think.

It also has Sylvan Caryatid, can reasonably play some number of painlands, and is looking to go up to 2CC and 3DD cards rather than curving CC into 1DD.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Never built a B/G deck before. Pretty important question for you guys:

What color sleeve would they look best in? Already have a R/B Modern in Purple. I was thinking brown, maybe orange...

Thoughts?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Scholtz posted:

What color sleeve would they look best in? Already have a R/B Modern in Purple. I was thinking brown, maybe orange...

Thoughts?

Near naked anime girl

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Wezlar posted:

Near naked anime girl

Well duh, I'm asking what colour her hair should be.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Scholtz posted:

Well duh, I'm asking what colour her hair should be.

Red. Asuka Langley Soryu.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Sotar posted:

What is expensive besides Narset, Sarkhan and Deathmist Raptor?

I mean, if I can find 3 Dromoka's Commands before every deck in SCG;s top 8 this weekend has a playset (yes even the UB control decks), it'll be affordable, but if I can't they're going to be :10bux: each. That's my primary concern.

Also Sarkhan and Thunderbreak Regent. The latter will be kept in check by being in the event deck somewhat but I still peg it as a $8 card I'll need 4 of. :(

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Chill la Chill posted:

Red. Asuka Langley Soryu.

Which one is more kawaii/will instill fear into the hearts of my enemies?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Scholtz posted:

Which one is more kawaii/will instill fear into the hearts of my enemies

Work it girl

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Scholtz posted:

Which one is more kawaii/will instill fear into the hearts of my enemies?

I'm IRL mad at these

e; Mainly at what appear to be nipple highlights

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Scholtz posted:

Thoughts?

I would say gray or purple but if you already have a deck in purple sleeves then go gray. Full-on Slytherin action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Skyl3lazer posted:

I'm IRL mad at these

e; Mainly at what appear to be nipple highlights

As far as anime sleeves go the first one isn't to bad. She at least is wearing clothing that seems to be kept on by something other than double sided tape and hope.

• Locked thread