Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Dhoni doesn't seem particularly bothered. It's as if they've just lost the second match of a five match series, not a World Cup semi-final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
If I wanted to watch the presentations (and I don't) I would steal it like a good millenial

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol Dhoni what a loving tool.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Dhoni gonna retire from all forms of the game except T20 I bet

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

tanglewood1420 posted:

Dhoni doesn't seem particularly bothered. It's as if they've just lost the second match of a five match series, not a World Cup semi-final.

He's probably more focused on the IPL, which starts shortly.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Remember that Dhoni has already won a world cup. Why would he care that much?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Investigate noted criminal MS Dhoni for match fixing IMO

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Lol Clarke: 'I think the boys have played some amazing cricket'... No poo poo, because you sure as hell haven't.

E: Catching up with an Indian cricket forum and they are melting the gently caress down over that DRS losing them the World Cup because they are convinced Australia didn't appeal and the umpires reviewed it themselves because reasons. hahahaha.

Spacman fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 26, 2015

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Late to the party as I was watching with the boys at the pub but classic Dhoni, what a loving tool, taps it around for a bit, keeps his average in check then gets run out with some Watto-speed running, the guy is a total fraud.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

EMC posted:

Late to the party as I was watching with the boys at the pub but classic Dhoni, what a loving tool, taps it around for a bit, keeps his average in check then gets run out with some Watto-speed running, the guy is a total fraud.

Agreed.

He is a decent enough batsman but the hype around him is crazy. The commentators were basically saying "He is going to go for it any second now, just you wait" but like always he gets himself to forty costing the side the match and then hits a few sixes to look good at the end.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGHScrCxF6Y

:australia:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I think India are/were looking for the next Tendulkar and they haven't really got it in Dhoni

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

A good post.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I know psychologically South Africa "need" a world cup more but really how telling is it that the Saffies were on the ground crying after giving it their all and India were just lol who cares.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

fong posted:

I think India are/were looking for the next Tendulkar and they haven't really got it in Dhoni

Well it's obvious why.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Looks like poor old Dhawan will be the scapegoat.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

biggest crime in the video are those pants

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I know psychologically South Africa "need" a world cup more but really how telling is it that the Saffies were on the ground crying after giving it their all and India were just lol who cares.

Also when the captain says that the opposing team had too many runs in the post match interview. Like why the gently caress would you basically say "we gave up before the match was half over".

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Airstream Driver posted:

I am pretty pumped for the angry cricinfo comments.

430+ comments on the report already.

It isn't even complete yet!

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Coucho Marx posted:

430+ comments on the report already.

It isn't even complete yet!

Link?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Mister Chief posted:

Remember that Dhoni has already won a world cup. Why would he care that much?

He's a professional sportsman, if he's not trying to win then why the gently caress is he out there

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

-Spiffy- posted:

I hope Australia beats NZ in the final by cheating real bad.

Underarm bowling is outlawed but something like a claimed catch or breaking mcullums arm again.

me too

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

biggest crime in the video are those pants

look at the way they shape their asses though, hot drat

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Absolutly, India giving up was a disgrace. After how good to see two teams utterly desperate to win, seeing India go out so weakly is pathetic. I doubt NZ on Sunday will be like that, they look like they want to win the World Cup badly.

I know most pundits would say Australia are favorites, but NZ frankly have been the most impressive team this tournament. I'd love to see NZ win this one, they deserve it.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Cat Terrist posted:

Absolutly, India giving up was a disgrace. After how good to see two teams utterly desperate to win, seeing India go out so weakly is pathetic. I doubt NZ on Sunday will be like that, they look like they want to win the World Cup badly.

I know most pundits would say Australia are favorites, but NZ frankly have been the most impressive team this tournament. I'd love to see NZ win this one, they deserve it.

When I watched them take apart SL in that pre world cup series I backed them for the win tbh.

E: Replay is on 503 now!

mottbag
Nov 11, 2009
I'm so hyped for the final. Gonna be a big showdown.

Edit: too bad it isn't on saturday

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Just the regular Cricinfo game report.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Ahhh, yah.

Some of the Indian forums are melting down over that DRS.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I can't wait for the final but I don't think NZ will be as threatening at the MCG as they are on their home pitches. I hope they win tho.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
NZ are going to get creamed. It's fitting that this is the World Cup, because the best team in the world is about to win it.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I think at the end of the day the pitch had a bit in it. Smith is just playing with the cheat codes on against India. It was a bit slow.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Apparently there's been only one match he's played against India this season that he's failed to score a hundred.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

I think at the end of the day the pitch had a bit in it. Smith is just playing with the cheat codes on against India. It was a bit slow.

Yeah he pressed down down left up up and then hit left and underarm at the same time.

Aussie win button.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Sadly, I bet if today's channel 9 cricket commentary were giving analysis on this they would give the complete opposite opinion because the Australian cricket team doth no wrong.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Fanatic posted:

Sadly, I bet if today's channel 9 cricket commentary were giving analysis on this they would give the complete opposite opinion because the Australian cricket team doth no wrong.

Warner could take a dump in the middle of the pitch and the worst that would happen was an extended ad break or crowd shot while they discussed the times Warne poo poo himself while pissed on an ashes tour.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Spacman posted:

Warner could take a dump in the middle of the pitch and the worst that would happen was an extended ad break or crowd shot while they discussed the times Warne poo poo himself while pissed on an ashes tour.

That sounds a lot like Watson playing his natural game

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Watsons the best number 2 batsman in the world.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

You're a wizard Watto!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The Deadly Hume posted:

Apparently there's been only one match he's played against India this season that he's failed to score a hundred.

Can you imagine what Indian fans are thinking. Not only is he really good against us but now he has superhuman hearing. Its getting silly now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

yeah im reading that now, best one so far

quote:

Well played Australia you deserve the place in Finals coz you people dont have big headed commentators + Players + Former players.. Mr Ganguly was at the top of the world yesterday posting that Virat Kohli will play a big part in todays game. u were wrong. u cannot be right all the time. this is a gentlemen game so u should understand there will be a losing team and that is not the Indias opponent every drat time.