Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Healbot posted:

I felt like posting this.
Your feeling was a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Also a bit late, but (technical director) Knäbel has taken over for Zinnbauer at Hamburg, because no one else was willing to as manager at the probably worst place in the Bundesliga.

If the squad somehow manages to stay up, a manager with actual training experience after the 2000's is bound to helm this (Tuchel), but it's not looking good.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Why would Tuchel want to take that job? He has to have better options available to him.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dunban posted:

Why would Tuchel want to take that job? He has to have better options available to him.

I read an ariticle today that he's willing to take the helm at Stuttgart, so it looks like he doesn't exactly have a lot of better choices. :v:

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Badstuber is playing tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xiXdXjdogI

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Wrong thread.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

So not just Hoeneß cheats at taxes, Bayern did as well.

Burn the whole club to the ground imo.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Infected posted:

So not just Hoeneß cheats at taxes, Bayern did as well.

Nice allegation without linking to an article there, chief.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Healbot posted:

Nice allegation without linking to an article there, chief.

Trying to keep up with the news must be hard so here's the tl;dr for you.

"Wie der Merkur berichtet, stimmte Richter Hans-Werner Wolf Toni allerdings zu, der seine Berater beschuldigt hatte. "Man hätte ihm sagen müssen, dass er in München überhaupt Kirchensteuer abführen muss", so Wolf. Weiter berichtete er, dass der Klub hier ebenfalls unter die Lupe genommen werden muss. Demnach habe eine Vereinssekretärin den Stürmer im Sommer 2007 gefragt, ob er demnächst heiraten wolle.

Auf die Antwort Nein teilte sie ihm, dass die Religion in dem Fall auch egal sei und setzte in die entsprechende Spalte des Formblattes einen Strich für Konfessionslosigkeit. "So hat sich der FC Bayern die 1,5 Millionen Euro gespart. Der Klub war der Nutznießer. Vielleicht wird sich jetzt noch das Finanzamt beim FC Bayern melden", führte Wolf weiter aus."

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dunban posted:

I heard he's moved to Munich, so talks with Hamburg were apparently not that fruitful lol.

Infected posted:

Trying to keep up with the news must be hard so here's the tl;dr for you.

"Wie der Merkur berichtet, stimmte Richter Hans-Werner Wolf Toni allerdings zu, der seine Berater beschuldigt hatte. "Man hätte ihm sagen müssen, dass er in München überhaupt Kirchensteuer abführen muss", so Wolf. Weiter berichtete er, dass der Klub hier ebenfalls unter die Lupe genommen werden muss. Demnach habe eine Vereinssekretärin den Stürmer im Sommer 2007 gefragt, ob er demnächst heiraten wolle.

Auf die Antwort Nein teilte sie ihm, dass die Religion in dem Fall auch egal sei und setzte in die entsprechende Spalte des Formblattes einen Strich für Konfessionslosigkeit. "So hat sich der FC Bayern die 1,5 Millionen Euro gespart. Der Klub war der Nutznießer. Vielleicht wird sich jetzt noch das Finanzamt beim FC Bayern melden", führte Wolf weiter aus."

Some secretary not fully knowing every christian in Munich has to pay tithe certainly points to tax woes at Bayern, good job.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 26, 2015

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Actually I mean to ask in this thread about that Luca Toni story. €500k per year in religion taxes is what was reported in Italy, is that right? Seems outrageous.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

trem_two posted:

Actually I mean to ask in this thread about that Luca Toni story. €500k per year in religion taxes is what was reported in Italy, is that right? Seems outrageous.

In Bavaria the church tax is 8% of income, so Toni would have earned 6.25 million € per year, which seems reasonable.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Honj Steak posted:

In Bavaria the church tax is 8% of income, so Toni would have earned 6.25 million € per year, which seems reasonable.

what a racket. Is that tax compulsory?

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

dex_sda posted:

what a racket. Is that tax compulsory?

Of course only if you're a member of the church, but yeah.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Honj Steak posted:

Of course only if you're a member of the church, but yeah.

Still a racket, you're a member of many churches from baptism aren't you? So you would need to be officially recognized as an apostate to avoid it and that's a pain in the arse

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

dex_sda posted:

Still a racket, you're a member of many churches from baptism aren't you? So you would need to be officially recognized as an apostate to avoid it and that's a pain in the arse

Nah actually you just write a letter of secession to your church (Germans are 30% Catholic, 30% Protestants, 30% unaffiliated) and one to your local town hall and you're done.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

dex_sda posted:

you are complaining about 8% check out mormons, most pay close to 30% of their pay to their church

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Honj Steak posted:

Nah actually you just write a letter of secession to your church (Germans are 30% Catholic, 30% Protestants, 30% unaffiliated) and one to your local town hall and you're done.

Ah, that's good at least. Over here to get out of being a church member you gotta be an apostate and the churches don't want to confirm requests for that, you basically gotta write them a letter with blasphemy to get thrown out. That said we don't have a church tax, I imagine it'd be easier to opt out if we did.

edit: Anyway, to un-derail this. Yesterday's friendly with Australia; I know Germany played their Z team but the national team's performance leaves a lot to be desired recently, what gives?

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

dex_sda posted:

Ah, that's good at least. Over here to get out of being a church member you gotta be an apostate and the churches don't want to confirm requests for that, you basically gotta write them a letter with blasphemy to get thrown out. That said we don't have a church tax, I imagine it'd be easier to opt out if we did.

edit: Anyway, to un-derail this. Yesterday's friendly with Australia; I know Germany played their Z team but the national team's performance leaves a lot to be desired recently, what gives?

I know Germany played their Z team, Yesterday's friendly with Australia

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Healbot posted:

Some secretary not fully knowing every christian in Munich has to pay tithe certainly points to tax woes at Bayern, good job.

Hyperbole on the internet, woe is you, poor Bayern plastic. Maybe you can write a concerned letter to KHR, I'm sure they are going to pay for the therapy that you've got to undergo now, once they've weaseled themselves out of the settlement they've surely got the money to pay for that.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Infected posted:

Hyperbole on the internet, woe is you, poor Bayern plastic. Maybe you can write a concerned letter to KHR, I'm sure they are going to pay for the therapy that you've got to undergo now, once they've weaseled themselves out of the settlement they've surely got the money to pay for that.

Nice meltdown

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dunban posted:

Nice meltdown

Nice meltdown.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Torrannor posted:

Nice meltdown.

U mad?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
no Bundesliga football this weekend makes us all melt down

Distant Mist
Apr 22, 2008

Honj Steak posted:

Actually it's 8% of income tax, so something like 3% of income.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Distant Mist posted:

Actually it's 8% of income tax, so something like 3% of income.

Ah sorry, yeah.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

http://www.kicker.de/news/video/2001876/video_Tim-Wiese-Ein-Kilo-Fleisch-am-Tag.html

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

quote:

Ursprünglich mal 90 Kilo hat Wiese in den letzten zwei Jahren 40 Kilo zugelegt.
:stare:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
He'll be dead in 10-15 years, rip

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Infected posted:

Was macht eigentlich Breno?

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Alaba is out for 7 weeks :smithicide:

Thank you, international friendlies.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Dunban posted:

gently caress INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLIES

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dunban posted:

Fffffffffff

This together with Niklas the oval office ripping up two aircushions, I fear we're gonna have a bad time in Dortmund tomorrow

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

If only the official Bundesliga radio broadcaster sport1 had something approaching a good connection, I could actually listen to the conference, ugh.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

How's that Trainerwechsel working out for you, Hamburg?

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
He's contractually obligated to set the bar as low as possible for Tuchel.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The idea of Tuchel managing a dinosaur in the 2.Bundesliga for a cool €3,2m p.a sounds hilarious to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Dortmund - Bayern is gonna be a real boring 0-0

• Locked thread