Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Glory of Arioch posted:

|||) Deklein has very unique geography. Solar systems in this game actually have x/y/z coordinates, and those coordinates are used to determine how capital ships maneuver when using their jump drives. Due to the way Deklein is shaped, it is impossible to jump a capital ship (other than a Jump freighter) into the westernmost reaches of the region (e: without taking an obscene number of jumps. It's usually easier to take gates.) This makes most of Deklein essentially impregnable to capital ships and hotdrop. Also, because Deklein is essentially a single pipeline up and down, it is more difficult for hostiles to sneak up on folks.

Something to help the new guy visualize what you're talking about :

Deklein with a user-friendly layout and showing the trusec

How Deklein is actually laid out, displayed flattened and from above

Deklein ingame. Side'ish view to show the Z axis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Xolve posted:

I meant the actual process of shooting sov structures with spaceships, coordinating timers, herding cats and all the other rigorous in-game poo poo that goes with kicking over space castles; wreaking havoc on all of internal documents you can find to promote confusion and instability is one of the only enjoyable war time activities- well that and getting your JF turned spy alt to run a 'JF Service' to wherever in Space Africa your target is planning to relocate.

Also- gently caress TEST forever, That was a mercy killing.

Give us some mercy from your posting then.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Xolve, why do you still post in the SA EVE Thread when you don't even play eve?

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

scandoslav posted:

We didn't catch any Eagles full of 9bil worth of skillbooks, but Holesquad managed to gently caress with some evacuating nerds.

The variety of ships on your kills always makes me chuckle. I feel like some guys in HV literally have nothing but stealth bombers, and take them everywhere.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MorsAnima posted:

The variety of ships on your kills always makes me chuckle. I feel like some guys in HV literally have nothing but stealth bombers, and take them everywhere.

We tried to make spooky armor fleet work, and Garnt theBrobarian learned a valuable lesson about cap boosters and how they work.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/45341434/

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

orange juche posted:

We tried to make spooky armor fleet work, and Garnt theBrobarian learned a valuable lesson about cap boosters and how they work.

lol always use the biggest ones you can fit.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

MorsAnima posted:

Too many poors.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

lol always use the biggest ones you can fit.

I interpreted "1x Medium Capacitor Booster II (Cap Booster 50s or larger)" as "use Cap Booster 50s". Also note the full drone bay. :downs:

I'm not very good.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

MorsAnima posted:

I feel like some guys in HV literally have nothing but stealth bombers, and take them everywhere.

That is literally the case.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

the wiki posted:

3x Trimark Armor Pump I (optional)

Solid advice.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

orange juche posted:

Oof. Hefty loss. Cap booster 50s :negative:

Wolfy posted:

Too many poors.

Mind blown. Poors with a C3 static, is that even possible?

scandoslav posted:

That is literally the case.

Time to start insisting on some low-level doctrine stuff? Surely they understand that if tables turn their SB is cock useless.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I got curious as to exactly how many delve invasions there have been at this point, but couldn't easily find any info.

Does anyone have a list of them all and the time they took place, optionally accompanied with the defender and aggressor in each?

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

MorsAnima posted:

Oof. Hefty loss. Cap booster 50s :negative:

Not too fussed about it, tbh. It was good to get my first T3 explosion out of the way.

quote:

Mind blown. Poors with a C3 static, is that even possible?

We're bad.

quote:

Time to start insisting on some low-level doctrine stuff? Surely they understand that if tables turn their SB is cock useless.

We're getting there. Our abusive assholes virulent racists blackops refugees have started whipping us into some semblance of fighting shape. We've even cooked up a skillplan. :v:

Problem is, we can't really threaten to withhold SRP if/when people insist on being special snowflakes.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

scandoslav posted:

Problem is, we can't really threaten to withhold SRP if/when people insist on being special snowflakes.

No but you could threaten to eject everybody's poo poo out of the POS and then man the POS guns like a whaler at a harpoon launcher and pop all of their junk.

Just sayin.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

Half the people in this thread don't play EVE but still post about it.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

darth cookie posted:

No but you could threaten to eject everybody's poo poo out of the POS and then man the POS guns like a whaler at a harpoon launcher and pop all of their junk.

Just sayin.

What kind of monster are you. Eject it out of the pos and steal it.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Themepark MMO's need things like raids and progression for end game content. EVE just needs forums and a keyboard for the end game.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
Why so much strange poo poo happening in eve this days?

Brave
NC.
Test

Suddenly russian players post in their forums good things about CFC and how good GSF management is.
:confused:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kirs posted:

Suddenly russian players post in their forums good things about CFC and how good GSF management is.

I don't speak Russian, but I don't know why it would be strange for the Russians to say good things about our management. I thought we (more or less) got along with most Russian groups. Or at least that they don't hate us as much as they do each other, or other nullsec alliances. Was I wrong?

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post

MorsAnima posted:

I will stop bringing my special snowflake garbage ship when you pry it out of my cold, dead rear end.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

darth cookie posted:

I don't speak Russian, but I don't know why it would be strange for the Russians to say good things about our management. I thought we (more or less) got along with most Russian groups. Or at least that they don't hate us as much as they do each other, or other nullsec alliances. Was I wrong?

You was wrong before fountain war started, Russians was not so excited about GSF as they are right now. Mittani is like a space Putin for them right now or very close to this state.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

darth cookie posted:

Unless most non-Russian groups in Eve, we've never given large Russian blocs reason to hate us. We've generally been helpful when our interests are mutual, and--perhaps most importantly--we've never gotten involved in an intra-Russian war.

I can't remember if it was this thread or the Ancient History thread or something else, but someone posted some excellent links to some fundamental differences in Western culture versus Russian culture, and how in the latter the concept of revenge is tied directly to honor; the rule of law is less important than meeting other societal obligations, such as those to a local oligarch; etc.. I'm doing a horrible job and using the wrong Western terms, but it provided a good overview of why you shouldn't gently caress with Russians in Eve unless you want a foreverwar.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

In that case, GSF made very good improvements in relations with Russians.

"Tone of talking" changed a lot since fountain war.

I just don't understood part with oligarchy. :eng99:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

it was my understanding that while a decent chunk of the russian community liked us, the chunk that didn't like us founds their dislike on our friendly terms with the parts of the russian community that they hated.

Like, xdeath is obviously someone who we are on diplomatically friendly terms with, but the parts of the russian community that dislike him dislike GSF in turn.

is this the russian politics primer

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

king of no pants posted:

I will stop bringing my special snowflake garbage ship when you pry it out of my cold, dead rear end.

I've been itching to try out my new Barghest. 1v1 at the sun.

Disclaimer: This is entirely a theory. If the Garmur and Orthrus are so good, surely the Barghest is too?!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

it was my understanding that while a decent chunk of the russian community liked us, the chunk that didn't like us founds their dislike on our friendly terms with the parts of the russian community that they hated.

Like, xdeath is obviously someone who we are on diplomatically friendly terms with, but the parts of the russian community that dislike him dislike GSF in turn.

is this the russian politics primer

No, because we're on friendly terms with Solar and Solar hates Xdeath.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Hey for all the nerds who get a boner over eve history, there's a whole huge thing on the wiki that is generally fairly well written and includes what I would imagine is the majority of the history of Goonswarm/waffe (and to a lesser part the rest of the universe to provide context) https://wiki.goonfleet.com/History

When I first joined Waffe I had a job that required I do nothing much other than sit at the computer from 9 to 5, so I occupied my time by reading that page and a majority of the related articles, completely buying into our narrative in the process.

Since confluencegate people have been doing a terrible awful lovely job of updating it. I recall reading somewhere that at one point there was a dude who took it upon himself to be the unofficial goonswarm historian (I think he referred to himself as our "Croaker" which I thought was a good comparison) but I imagine by this point he's long since hosed off.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

OH ALSO

I imagine anyone who knows who lilith5 is will find this vaguely hilarious.

Unfunny Poster please tell us when he tries to lead an unironic mwd rupture/ab logi fleet and you all troll him out of your alliance :sun:

E: aw apparently he's in PL proper now. Okay someone in waffles keep me posted

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
I do hope this invasion of delve don't scare the ratters off as I was joining a developing Blops Corp which was gonna hunt in delve. Do people continue pveing when y'all do full invasions or full out Gtfo.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bit early for a summer Delve war, innit?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Not like anyone will defend it

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

MorsAnima posted:

I've been itching to try out my new Barghest. 1v1 at the sun.

Disclaimer: This is entirely a theory. If the Garmur and Orthrus are so good, surely the Barghest is too?!

There's plenty of "good" battleships but in the current eve environment they are a huge liability. Flying a BS in EVE 8 times out of 10 is like playing Shadow of the Colossus.. as the Colossus. All of your power is increasingly negated by the inherent ability of the classes below you to ignore your damage and that gap has gotten wider as time has gone on and Cruisers have been tweaked to be the staple ship of Eve. That said, a Barghest fit with rapids should be death incarnate and I wouldnt get closer than 100km to one unless I had 10 ships as backup and a cheap fit, but a good Barghest fit is more money than I would ever personally plunk down on a BS other than a Blops.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ChickenWing posted:

He's in Waffles, not Sniggerdly- which is the training corp and not necessarily 'PL Proper' (even though they probably are better with subcaps).

Viva Miriya posted:

With kugu going the way of all things, r/eve being a horrible circlejerk about poo poo nobody really cares about (baby's first cap kill, BNI noise, bad BL posters, and Kugu 2.0), and EVE news not really 'filling the gaps', this is the last place to keep a feel or at least a finger on the pulse of what's happening in EVE. In essence EVE is just 3 player chess, in that if you know who the players are, you don't actually have to bore yourself to tears actually playing the game you can let other socially awkward neckbeards do it for you. It's a little lacking in the hilarity department but it's still interesting nonetheless.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 26, 2015

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Xolve posted:

He's in Waffles, not Sniggerdly- which is the training corp and not necessarily 'PL Proper' (even though they probably are better with subcaps).

http://evewho.com/pilot/Hendrick+Tallardar

OH you thought I meant lilith5. I didn't.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ChickenWing posted:

OH you thought I meant lilith5. I didn't.

Yeah, i'm retarded.

Good chance Hendrick still flys with Waffles (or at least idles in #waffles).

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xolve posted:

and EVE news not really 'filling the gaps'

Relevant self quote talking about themittani.com off the goonfleet forums:

quote:

SmilingVagrant, on 25 Mar 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

Yeah it honestly hasn't been "Good" for a while now. The only thing worth a poo poo is the metashow. There was a point where the thing was regularly updated with the politics and relevant BR's, but now it's just an expensive way to deliver CCP patchnotes.

All of the eve news sites are garbage now.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Xolve posted:

With kugu going the way of all things, r/eve being a horrible circlejerk about poo poo nobody really cares about (baby's first cap kill, BNI noise, bad BL posters, and Kugu 2.0), and EVE news not really 'filling the gaps', this is the last place to keep a feel or at least a finger on the pulse of what's happening in EVE. In essence EVE is just 3 player chess, in that if you know who the players are, you don't actually have to bore yourself to tears actually playing the game you can let other socially awkward neckbeards do it for you. It's a little lacking in the hilarity department but it's still interesting nonetheless.

Believe in the zugu. http://forums.zulusquad.org/index.php?/forum/16-eve-online-uncensored/

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

OH ALSO

I imagine anyone who knows who lilith5 is will find this vaguely hilarious.

Unfunny Poster please tell us when he tries to lead an unironic mwd rupture/ab logi fleet and you all troll him out of your alliance :sun:

Wow he went with the "Waffles" !? I remember joining alot of his fleets but some if not most of them were 'meh', poor PL

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xolve posted:

You can't win Eve if you're not playing it but still talking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

I said come in! posted:

You can't win Eve if you're not playing it but still talking about it.

I gently caress around in lowsec from time to time, so I haven't truly been winning at all.

• Locked thread