Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Does anyone know if this game has a 'hell queue'? A while back I team-killed as a joke when we were winning the game (Last round, about to win, 15 to 8 or something like that) and I get kicked/a short matchmaking ban. When I queued again, every game was hell, with derankers running in and dying on purpose, smurfs everywhere, people screaming and trolling and complaining non-stop, etc. Coincidence, or could there be a setting to match 'bad behavior' players together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Does anyone know if this game has a 'hell queue'? A while back I team-killed as a joke when we were winning the game (Last round, about to win, 15 to 8 or something like that) and I get kicked/a short matchmaking ban. When I queued again, every game was hell, with derankers running in and dying on purpose, smurfs everywhere, people screaming and trolling and complaining non-stop, etc. Coincidence, or could there be a setting to match 'bad behavior' players together?

No, but it should.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

A frustrating goonman loss followed by a frustrating mm loss. MY VIBES ARE DANGEROUSLY LOW

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
Aborn:
http://cevo.com/forums/topic/18833/counter-strike-global-offensive/orbitpro-im-team-looking-for-a-sponsor-/

get vape joose to sponsor these nerds, it would be funny

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Apogee15 posted:

Thanks, I'm terrible at making gifs.

Yo I threw that poo poo on reddit and some guy wants to use that in a frag vid if that's cool with you

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

Yo I threw that poo poo on reddit and some guy wants to use that in a frag vid if that's cool with you

Sure, fine by me.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

is there going to be linkin park or some papa roach as the soundtrack?

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Photex posted:

lucky star theme probably

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Photex posted:

Thats so mainstream man, if its not a collection of songs from completely unheard of and unsigned punk/rock bands like the ones they always have over "extreme sports" videos, then its just not cool.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
All my frag videos are set to Mongolian throat singing.

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.
I just got kicked from a competitive game for the first time and now I have a 7-day cooldown for "being kicked from too many recent matches". What the gently caress?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Nev posted:

I just got kicked from a competitive game for the first time and now I have a 7-day cooldown for "being kicked from too many recent matches". What the gently caress?

That's kinda lovely. Have you had cooldowns for anything else in the recent past? They may share a cooldown pool. Google has a smattering of people saying the same thing as you, could be some kind of bug I guess. Borrow one of Ephedra's 15 smurfs imo.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Being kicked and abandoning definitely share the same cooldown. Also you have to be kicked more than 3 times in a short period of time to get a cooldown for it. Also if a 4-stack kicks you that doesn't count towards your kick-total.

Stop getting kicked so much I guess.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
ESL just posted this on twitter:

E: Also, remember those unwanted 20 rubles some russian added to my account through a payment kiosk? I contacted steam had had them removed, but since they were from an unverified source, steam has now restricted me from trading anything for the next 25 days. Sweet! :cool:

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 26, 2015

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.

Apogee15 posted:

Being kicked and abandoning definitely share the same cooldown. Also you have to be kicked more than 3 times in a short period of time to get a cooldown for it. Also if a 4-stack kicks you that doesn't count towards your kick-total.

Stop getting kicked so much I guess.

I never got kicked before. I did have a couple of abandons stacked up in an unfortunate way, but the 2-day ban I had expired three days ago it's pretty dumb that one kick from 4 Russians is enough to set me back for another week.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Nev posted:

I never got kicked before. I did have a couple of abandons stacked up in an unfortunate way, but the 2-day ban I had expired three days ago it's pretty dumb that one kick from 4 Russians is enough to set me back for another week.

Never been kicked? That's weird. I've been kicked plenty of times and I only ever get the ban if it's like 4 times within a few days. Never got a cooldown for just one.

I've also read that you aren't supposed to get the cooldown if you are kicked by a party of 4.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

What's the best hack to buy

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Nev posted:

Stop abandoning. Every abandon/kick/etc stack ups if done close to one another.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Fat Lou posted:

Does anyone know the cooldown on the stacking? At what point does the game consider you to have never done a transgression, again?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Fateo McMurray posted:

organner

e:

Ernie. posted:

Does anyone know the cooldown on the stacking? At what point does the game consider you to have never done a transgression, again?
I thought it's something like the potential cooldown drops 1 level every week

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Ernie. posted:

It goes down a cooldown level every week.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

Fat Lou posted:

I'll stop abandoning when Valve provides another solution for being stuck in a game with 3 or 4 people blocking the spawn and griefing in other ways, from the beginning to the end of the game. If I have time for one hour of relaxation after a day of work, that is not have I am going to spend it.

Of course the above scenario doesn't happen too often, but I had a streak where it happened 3 or 4 times within a couple of weeks, and that is how I built up my consecutive ban count. I knew that after the last one I had to be careful though, or I would get a 1-week ban. That's why I was so surprised that getting kicked would instantly lead to a ban.

Tax Oddity fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 26, 2015

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Nev posted:

I'll stop abandoning when Valve provides another solution for being stuck in a game with 3 or 4 people blocking the spawn and griefing in other ways, from the beginning to the end of the game. If I have time for one hour of relaxation after a day of work, that is not have I am going to spend it.

How on earth does this game relax you even in a normal game and even when you're winning?

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

How on earth does this game relax you even in a normal game and even when you're winning?

I like clicking dudes in the head.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Cheater logic is fantastic. "I'll pay for some hacker's CS:GO hacks that run in ring loving 0 using kernel-mode drivers that can do literally whatever the gently caress they want on my system all because I'm that loving terrible at this game."

All they need to do is lower their sens and stop moving before shooting and they wouldn't need to pay for Rootkit Xtreme.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
It's funny because people that pay for ESEA do the same thing!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It takes a true retard to think cheating in a video game is cool and good

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

VelociBacon posted:

Your 12th through 15th alt accounts are usually used for relaxation.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Cheat to win

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

astr0man posted:

It's funny because people that pay for ESEA do the same thing!
Do this for goinpug pls

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 26, 2015

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Fateo McMurray posted:

Be sure to join my organner steam group to show your support

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

Cheater logic is fantastic. "I'll pay for some hacker's CS:GO hacks that run in ring loving 0 using kernel-mode drivers that can do literally whatever the gently caress they want on my system all because I'm that loving terrible at this game."

All they need to do is lower their sens and stop moving before shooting and they wouldn't need to pay for Rootkit Xtreme.

The point of cheating isn't too be good, it's to be better. Lol if you think there aren't cheaters past the knowing how to shoot stage. No matter how good you are without cheats, cheats can always give an extra advantage and that's why people do it.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

The point of cheating isn't too be good, it's to be better. Lol if you think there aren't cheaters past the knowing how to shoot stage. No matter how good you are without cheats, cheats can always give an extra advantage and that's why people do it.
Like Fnatic :can:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Cheating is the best way to practice because if you can see through walls it gives you a chance to consider your position and timing immediately. You can think of it like instant feedback without having to go back and watch the reply.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Smuggled in via shoes mouse driver undetectable 10% aim boosting ultra secure USB LAN hacks used at a locked down Valve run major lmao who was that idiot where is he now

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

It takes a true retard to think a video game is cool and good

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
My best friends Open teams entry fraggers sisters roommate heard from this guy who's going with the lurker of NiP that he said he saw Flusha download cheats onto his mouse at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

This was meant as an own on me but its true and what I actually said is doubly so with this in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Finally, at 38 wins I just had my first game with a completely obvious, no-doubt-in-my-mind wallhacker, constantly making impossible wallbang shots. Ended up winning 16-13, but I don't understand how we pulled it off. I watched the replay just now, and the guy was literally aiming and tracing heads through walls, sometimes just for fun when idling around. We had to change up our tactics to consciously have more than one wall between us and him, which basically meant completely abandoning catwalk as CT and t-roof as T, because he would just instantly own us from one or the other.

e: If anyone is curious here's the link. Bob is our guy.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-Gp2Yq-pm3KF-fccvK-tKfGM-CnF8D

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 26, 2015

• Locked thread