Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Tulip posted:

I actually really like the story, it's interesting and challenging :smith:

:agreed:

I do think it's a little unfair that a lot of the bugs in his copy are fixed by the time his review came out, but it's not really a big deal. Dude doesn't like the game, that's cool. Actually now that I think about it, I have no idea how often the non-PC versions of the game are being patched, they might still be buggy as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Don't quote him you gbs piece of poo poo

yeah. please do not engage with skunkrocker, it's best for everyone

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skunkrocker posted:

My current Jacket cosplay uses a game accurate white and yellow, but the letter is the wrong shape. :smith:

EDIT: Then again, my main reason for purchasing this is to do specifically Payday 2's version of Jacket.

But the official jacket doesn't look like that either. The colors are wrong. The official jacket is loving garbage.

TheRaggedQueen
Mar 4, 2015

Yeah, no.

Tulip posted:

I actually really like the story, it's interesting and challenging :smith:

He has a consistent list of likes and dislikes which means his reviews are at least somewhat consistent rather than just being gibberish, which puts him pretty much at the top of the games journalism shitpile.

He's not the best, but if you know what he likes and dislikes, it's pretty easy to get the gist of how good a game actually is.

Anyway, I'm kinda disappointed with how the level design of Wrong Number went. More enemies? Fine. Bigger emphasis on guns in some levels? Alright. Getting shot by enemies across half the loving map that I can't see even when I'm stretching the camera? Come on guys, you're better than this. The levels in the first game were tight, well designed, and a good example of how you can make a relatively simple idea turn into a challenge. Here, it's like they took every small issue I had with the first title and exaggerated the hell out of them.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Geight posted:

:agreed:

I do think it's a little unfair that a lot of the bugs in his copy are fixed by the time his review came out, but it's not really a big deal. Dude doesn't like the game, that's cool. Actually now that I think about it, I have no idea how often the non-PC versions of the game are being patched, they might still be buggy as heck.

I played the PC version just the other week and had dudes getting stuck in doors a whole lot. :shrug:

His complaints are mostly well founded. In general I don't really understand people who seriously complain about the game's difficulty. Yeah, it's unfair sometimes, but it doesn't loving jerk itself off when you lose and make you wait through loadscreens and replay decent segments like a certain game that seems to get endless praise.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oxyclean posted:

I played the PC version just the other week and had dudes getting stuck in doors a whole lot. :shrug:

His complaints are mostly well founded. In general I don't really understand people who seriously complain about the game's difficulty. Yeah, it's unfair sometimes, but it doesn't loving jerk itself off when you lose and make you wait through loadscreens and replay decent segments like a certain game that seems to get endless praise.

The basis of the complaint is that the game's difficulty prevents progress in a frustrating way. It's really not that hard to understand.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

moths posted:

Where can I read more about this?

There's really not much more to it than that. His first video was about how The Darkness was a bad game because he couldn't figure out how to complete the tutorial.

For comparison, my little brother was 10 years old at the time and he managed to beat the entire game unassisted.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

TheJoker138 posted:

But the official jacket doesn't look like that either. The colors are wrong. The official jacket is loving garbage.

This is exactly my point. The jacket I am looking at will look something like this.

Obv getting exactly the right B patch will be very hard, so I'm going the easy way out.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Gonna dress up as Jake because I already have the sweet nunchaku

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sleeveless posted:

There's really not much more to it than that. His first video was about how The Darkness was a bad game because he couldn't figure out how to complete the tutorial.

For comparison, my little brother was 10 years old at the time and he managed to beat the entire game unassisted.

his first video was a joke review about the Darkness' demo you tool

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sperglord Firecock posted:

This is exactly my point. The jacket I am looking at will look something like this.

Obv getting exactly the right B patch will be very hard, so I'm going the easy way out.

I've been looking here.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
That's also a good site, yeah, although the one I am looking at is cheaper.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
So decade dance is getting a lot more playtime these days. There's just something about it that I can't put my finger on.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Ilustforponydeath posted:

So decade dance is getting a lot more playtime these days. There's just something about it that I can't put my finger on.

Maybe it's that it's a really good song.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

What does the B stand for on his jacket

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Bitches

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Bathynomus Giganteus

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Bkilling people

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Buy Hotline Miami

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh my god i just realised what it stands for

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh my god there's no toilet in Jacket's apartment

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Real answer: Probably baseball.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

oh my god there's no toilet in Jacket's apartment

No wonder he's so cranky.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Oxyclean posted:

That was fixed in the March 19th patch, along with Spinning Dog Syndrome.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
mods rename this thread everything comes to an end... And I'm a goon tia

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Songbearer posted:

True story, I once lived in an apartment that didn't have a toilet.

We had to get a key to another apartment to poop and pee.

The apartment was across the parking lot.

This was during winter.

:smith:

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Skunkrocker posted:

True story, I once lived in an apartment that didn't have a toilet.

We had to get a key to another apartment to poop and pee.

The apartment was across the parking lot.

This was during winter.

:smith:

Do you live in a Dostoevsky novel??

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Songbearer posted:

DO YOU LIKE HOLDING IN YOUR PEEPEE?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Anal Surgery posted:

Do you live in a Dostoevsky novel??

Nope, lovely apartment complex in Knoxville, TN. They had to remove our toilet to dig up burst piping, didn't fix it for a month.

I still live here by the way, we have a toilet now though, so it's all good.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I do not think anybody cares about your squalid living conditions

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I don't think anyone cares about your opinions either.

God damnit I wish I had bought the HLM2 vinal soundtrack. My record player is lonely. :smith:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

ah yes, because beard's name is totally beard, just like jacket's name is totally jacket

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
You telling me they aren't Solder St.Beard and Richard McJacket?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

You telling me they aren't Solder St.Beard and Richard McJacket?

This is now canon.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Can someone av this for me

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

UIApplication posted:

Can someone av this for me

DON'T WORRY ABOUT PAYING, IT'S ON THE HOUSE!

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Jesus H Christ on Crutches this game is basically bipolar.

The death wish level where you play as all The Fans was legitimately fantastic - tough as nails but slowly beatable as I began to figure out the tricks behind each ability (mainly, the importance of baiting gun enemies into side rooms).

And then there's another fun journalist level that I romp on through within ten minutes. I'm smiling, feeling good.

And then another soldier level. Its like someone took all of my problems with the game's shittiest design choices and put them into one section.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Wasn't expecting another Hotline Miami sequel so soon :v:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Narcissus1916 posted:

And then another soldier level. Its like someone took all of my problems with the game's shittiest design choices and put them into one section.

Except for the music. The soldier levels had the best music.

• Locked thread