Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i made it to what looked like a church in old yharnam with a bunch of burning crosses outside it. i saw inside that there was a big thing just sort of breathing and waiting. i said gently caress that and ran to safety and used my blood echoes in peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
also finding a shortcut in this game is the most relieving thing, jesus

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

i made it to what looked like a church in old yharnam with a bunch of burning crosses outside it. i saw inside that there was a big thing just sort of breathing and waiting. i said gently caress that and ran to safety and used my blood echoes in peace

old yarnham is the deep south of the bloodborne world

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Holy poo poo, there is a very nasty surprise waiting at the bottom of the church workshop tower.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
buy me ps4

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

zen death robot posted:

Father Gasconade keeps owning me when he goes into rampage, I should probably level up a bit more.

throw like three molotovs at him when he goes full wolf, he'll die like a bitch

crazy old woman area boss was v. cool but also pretty easy, almost reminded me of a re-exploration of the pinwheel concept except not quite that easy

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think it's cool that this game has been out for days and people still don't know what some stats do, or where most of the covenants are, or if there even is more than one covenant, or how to get certain endings, or what determines the seemingly erratic movement and disappearance of NPCs, or if Beast Mode is real, and if not, what is the secret gameplay mechanic they kept hyping up in the prerelease interviews.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

zen death robot posted:

I think I mostly need to calm down and not spazz out on the sidestep so much when he does that as well. I can murder everything else with impunity, and getting him down to where he transforms isn't a problem, it's just that rampage is so fast I go into button mash mode which is killing me.

consider jolly cooperation as well, two dudes makes him easy and three literally trivializes him. don't worry too much about hoarding your insight, just help some other dudes take down g-funk afterwards

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
its so loving hard trying to stay unspoiled. im already reading stuff and asking questions about things that i havent gotten to yet. i need to take like three days and just game through this and enjoy it before i learn too much instead of discovering it for myself.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

zen death robot posted:

I think I mostly need to calm down and not spazz out on the sidestep so much when he does that as well. I can murder everything else with impunity, and getting him down to where he transforms isn't a problem, it's just that rampage is so fast I go into button mash mode which is killing me.

Play the music box at him when he engages beast mode.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Picking your, stache + sideburns + monocle is the only part of the character creation process that matters, who gives a gently caress about some numbers and poo poo.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I now have (and can finally use now that I've got the 30 str required) a giant cannon strapped to my left arm. And holy poo poo that thing wrecks face, takes 10 bullets a shot tho. So I just bloodbullet,shoot,bloodbullet,shoot,bloodbullet,shoot,bloodbullet,shoot :hellyeah:
This left the final chalice boss (of the basic chalice) with enough health to take 2 hits.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I think it's cool that this game has been out for days and people still don't know what some stats do, or where most of the covenants are, or if there even is more than one covenant, or how to get certain endings, or what determines the seemingly erratic movement and disappearance of NPCs, or if Beast Mode is real, and if not, what is the secret gameplay mechanic they kept hyping up in the prerelease interviews.

yeah why do I have a beast mode stat that doesn't seem to do anything (rhetorical question, I'll try to find out myself)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

Father Gasconade keeps owning me when he goes into rampage, I should probably level up a bit more.

Its more a matter of knowing which direction to dodge. The secret is to go forward.
also, shooting him during a leap is a stagger

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I staggered cleric beast 1ce and couldnt figure it out after that so i just rolled thru and smacked him with my saw until he died... pro strat

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Beat my first chalice, first boss was serious effort, second boss was a chump and the third was an awesome fight

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm excited for the PC Port on July 5, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I staggered cleric beast 1ce and couldnt figure it out after that so i just rolled thru and smacked him with my saw until he died... pro strat

I only fought him twice so I didn't get to try it out too much, but it seems like if you shoot him at all he goes into a different pattern where he rages more and can't be staggered again

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I think i smacked his big arm with my sword a bunch and he staggered too but idk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fully charged strong attacks can stagger enemies, but I haven't been ballsy enough to try it on a boss yet

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
how do i trick that bitch off his tower

also, for a fun thing, fall off the back of the platform that leads up to tower gun guy, and attack the barrel at the top of the chapel above the giant crucified thing

it immolates everything sitting down there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hubris.height posted:

also, for a fun thing, fall off the back of the platform that leads up to tower gun guy, and attack the barrel at the top of the chapel above the giant crucified thing

it immolates everything sitting down there

Trick him by running up to him and swinging at him repeatedly until he falls off

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
its always exciting to fight another hunter because its always so fast paced and deadly but I wish they would have toned down the "run away and shoot you with infinite bullets like an rear end in a top hat" AI setting on that one guy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

hubris.height posted:

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

you trick him by repeatedly shooting him in the face with your gun

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I think it's hilarious that you can upgrade your torch, it does poo poo load of damage against beasts, I also picked the Cruel Fate origin so the arcane boost is pretty decent on it,it was way useful in old Yarnham.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Psycobladder posted:

I think it's hilarious that you can upgrade your torch, it does poo poo load of damage against beasts, I also picked the Cruel Fate origin so the arcane boost is pretty decent on it,it was way useful in old Yarnham.

Just use the flamethrower

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I like to keep my pistol in my other hand so I can land some sick counters

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I'm streaming on twitch @ acanthocybium check me out if u dare... bwahaha

I'm not reading chat tho

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

found my first npc summon sign before bsb and goddamn did he go down like a loving chump with jolly cooperation, had no idea about his patterns but he only hit me once

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

deadwing posted:

found my first npc summon sign before bsb and goddamn did he go down like a loving chump with jolly cooperation, had no idea about his patterns but he only hit me once

dope.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

deadwing posted:

feels good man

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
what's the town-npc interaction like? is it similar to majula and firelink, where rescuing or helping people in the world brings them back to a central area? or is it more like you just find them out in the wild once in a while?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

what's the town-npc interaction like? is it similar to majula and firelink, where rescuing or helping people in the world brings them back to a central area? or is it more like you just find them out in the wild once in a while?

a mix, because when you find people in the wild you can send them to a central location in the world, but you also have some NPCs in a hub world like the nexus

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, did they animate mouths for speech this time? that's a small thing about souls games that's always been strange to me. like they don't want to liscense middleware that synchs sounds to mouth movement or something?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Trick him by running up to him and swinging at him repeatedly until he falls off

can confirm this method works

gently caress that guy, what a dick.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

sector_corrector posted:

also, did they animate mouths for speech this time?

nope

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I got killed by a man with a bag and woke up in a new area? I made it to a lantern and lit it to go home and now I can't go back?

I love this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

also, did they animate mouths for speech this time? that's a small thing about souls games that's always been strange to me. like they don't want to liscense middleware that synchs sounds to mouth movement or something?

No but if you gesture at npcs they have reaction animations now

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

No but if you gesture at npcs they have reaction animations now

that's really sick. my favorite part of the ds2 DLCs were all of the personality they gave to npc invaders and co-op phantoms. like that one dude who bows to the ivory king when you fight him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
There are two extreme rear end in a top hat npc hunters by the Vicar and they suck