Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CobiWann posted:

Night Court should be held in high esteem for its amazing theme song alone.
Hell yeah, it was super catchy.

Night Court
Law in the nighttime
Night Court
Having some good times
Night Court
Make a few friends
Night Court
Throw the bad guys in jail
[bridge]
We all live in this strange new Night Court
Escape the sunshine and live in the dark
Criminals and lawyers all live together
Make new friends and survive the night!
Night coooooourt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Night Court
Law in the nighttime
Night Court
Having some good times
Night Court
Make a few friends
Night Court
[bridge]
Night coooooourt!

Hot Dad, is that you??

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Night Court
Law in the nighttime
Night Court
Having some good times
Night Court
Make a few friends
Night Court
[bridge]
Night coooooourt!

I was kind of hoping those lyrics would fit along with the theme song.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
BBC shitcanned Jeremy Clarkson, so that's probably the end of Top Gear.

Sucks, but he didn't leave them any choice.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

PostNouveau posted:

quote:

It found that Mr Tymon took himself to hospital after he was subject to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack".

:lol:

In what kind of wimpy rear end country do you go to the hospital after an "unprovoked verbal attack"?

"Mr. Tymon has been prescribed a blankey and pacifier for his injuries."

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He punched him in the face and he's like 6'4"

When you get hit in the face it damages poo poo, i'm assuming you already know this, because you're annoying enough to have had it happen.

Besides, if you're pressing charges you need a medical record of the injuries.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 26, 2015

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

:lol:

In what kind of wimpy rear end country do you go to the hospital after an "unprovoked verbal attack"?

You quoted the word 'physical' right there and yet ignored it?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Considering everyone's contracts were up this year I have to assume that BBC had some contingency plan in motion just in case.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Junkenstein posted:

You quoted the word 'physical' right there and yet ignored it?

Irish Joe gonna Irish Joe

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

PostNouveau posted:

BBC shitcanned Jeremy Clarkson, so that's probably the end of Top Gear*.

* On the BBC.

They had to fire him, but it all but ensures that May and Hammond won't renew their contracts and will just take their money printing machine elsewhere.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I never pegged Joe for a car autist.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

I pegged Joe for an autist.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

I never pegged Joe
His girlfriend did.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FactsAreUseless posted:

His girlfriend did.

:drat:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

raditts posted:

I was kind of hoping those lyrics would fit along with the theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR2muizVgwU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

IRQ posted:

They had to fire him, but it all but ensures that May and Hammond won't renew their contracts and will just take their money printing machine elsewhere.

Netflix?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Rocksicles posted:

Besides, if you're pressing charges you need a medical record of the injuries.

Over here the police don't need you to press charges for assault. They'll do it themselves. So there's still every chance Jeremy Clarkson and his outrageous politically incorrect opinions, which he has for money, are going to be up before the beak as well.

It actually speaks volumes for the character of the victim in this instance that he didn't immediately take the lottery windfall Clarkson handed him on a platter.

As to Clarkson's future on telly, gently caress any company that employs him. He should be a professional pariah after this, but he wont be so god help the people who have to work under him. And I look forward to him being sued into oblivion by the first person he thumps while working for a US company.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 26, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ITV, I heard.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Bruce Campbell will play Ronald Reagan in season 2 of Fargo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

It's a much bigger hit outside the U.S. than in it. Does Netflix do very well outside the U.S.?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Netflix would be awesome

PostNouveau posted:

It's a much bigger hit outside the U.S. than in it. Does Netflix do very well outside the U.S.?

One of the biggest sticking points in the BBC/Netflix negations recently was about Top Gear.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope they keep Jenny Clarkman on TV.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Top Gear is fake scripted garbage. If you watch and enjoy it you are literally no different than the people who cackle about Honey Boo Boo spouting bon mots like "y'all better redneck-ognize!".

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I just can't fathom how anyone enjoys Top Gear, let alone it being one of the most popular television shows in the world. I mean, I get that some people like cars and I don't give a poo poo about cars, but the same applies to sports and I at least understand the appeal of that. With Top Gear I just don't get it.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

feedmyleg posted:

I just can't fathom how anyone enjoys Top Gear, let alone it being one of the most popular television shows in the world. I mean, I get that some people like cars and I don't give a poo poo about cars, but the same applies to sports and I at least understand the appeal of that. With Top Gear I just don't get it.

It's the humour, the crazy contests and the Stig that make it for me. Clarkson or not, I'd just enjoy a Ferrari 458 battling a Porsche 911.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

feedmyleg posted:

Its a show about guys being guys while doing guy things. Not that hard to understand.

edit: I do understand that this is a forum where people unironically enjoy children's cartoons and spend hundreds of dollars a year buying spacedog avatars for themselves, but take my word for it when I say people enjoy watching "guys doing guy things."

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 26, 2015

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

feedmyleg posted:

I don't care all that much about cars and I like it a lot.

It's the personalities and their appreciation for doing really dumb poo poo with cars.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

Top Gear is fake scripted garbage. If you watch and enjoy it you are literally no different than the people who cackle about Honey Boo Boo spouting bon mots like "y'all better redneck-ognize!".

Whoa they aren't actually driving cars?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

feedmyleg posted:

The hosts constantly needling each other with their dry and sarcastic senses of humor, their long shared history, the camera work (the first show that ever made me think "holy poo poo that's an awesome shot"), the music (Jessica), the cars, the Stig, the stars in reasonably priced cars, the trips to exotic locales and the inadvertent but inevitable mishaps that ensue therewith. Seriously, their trip through Vietnam was absolutely amazing. If you watch any one episode of that show, watch that one...it's barely even about cars.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Midniter posted:

Seriously, their trip through Vietnam was absolutely amazing. If you watch any one episode of that show, watch that one...it's barely even about cars.

If you don't lose your poo poo when the backup car blasting Born in the USA appears you have no soul.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Sleeveless posted:

This is always my favorite argument against this type of show. "It's fake! It's scripted!" So? So was Breaking Bad, and I enjoyed that.

If it's not your thing, fine. But enjoying watch cars go fast (or fall over) and things blow up is fun. Hell, the Reliant Robin segment is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Even if you told me it was one hundred percent fake scripted bullshit, I wouldn't care. It was still funny.

Sure, he's an rear end in a top hat. But so are a lot of people. If I couldn't consume entertainment created by rear end in a top hat, there wouldn't be much music I could listen to.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

As to Clarkson's future on telly, gently caress any company that employs him. He should be a professional pariah after this, but he wont be so god help the people who have to work under him. And I look forward to him being sued into oblivion by the first person he thumps while working for a US company.

Of course, in a more just world, punching Piers Morgan would have earned Clarkson a medal.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Sober posted:

I really enjoyed the second season for the most part. Not bummed or anything that the finale was lower-key, honestly.

I also didn't watch the French Canadian version, so I was surprised they kept the same mole? I guess it was just a misdirect. How much otherwise did the English version deviate from the French one? Even just minor points? Did they do the eviction thing or was it something else?. I was mostly caught off guard but I guess that was kinda the point of it, I guess it was too tempting to do that and it sorta made the most sense anyway. Only real headscratcher for me is Tyler though, he seems okay but needs to fake his urine samples? I didn't need to be hit over the head with everyone else in the squad at where they were at the end of the season, but that was kinda really vague for the sake of it, unless I'm missing something.

Oh yeah, second season was great, I was just expecting something to balance out the jaw-dropping opener. From what I can tell (my French is horrible, so I've only caught a few episodes here and there since I started watching the remake), the plot of the English version is playing it really close to the original. A lot of the key scenes are shot for shot, and the music is the same, but I've noticed in the French version they draw out some scenes without dialogue longer and rely more heavily on music. Other than that, everything I've seen has been pretty much the same.

I believe the thing with Tyler is that he shouldn't be on the painkillers anymore? He's genuinely off the sauce, and the occasional breathalyzer Houle would spring on him doesn't pick up the oxy or whatever he's on, but it'd show up in his urine.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IRQ posted:

I don't care all that much about cars and I like it a lot.

Top Gear is about cars about as much as Car Talk is about cars.

thrawn527 posted:

This is always my favorite argument against this type of show. "It's fake! It's scripted!" So? So was Breaking Bad, and I enjoyed that.

The difference is that when something is billed as "real" (or "real-ish" at least), it loses most of its appeal when it's not at all.

I'm not sure where that applies to Top Gear though. Are the cars not real? Are the field segments just the guys sitting in front of a green screen with cars CGed around them? :confused:

raditts fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 26, 2015

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

raditts posted:

I'm not sure where that applies to Top Gear though. Are the cars not real? Are the field segments just the guys sitting in front of a green screen with cars CGed around them? :confused:

It's mostly miniatures work. For example, Jeremy Clarkson is only an inch tall.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

raditts posted:

The difference is that when something is billed as "real" (or "real-ish" at least), it loses most of its appeal when it's not at all.

I mean, if you're watching it BECAUSE you think its "real", then fine. You're getting scammed. But if you enjoy the Kardashians because its entertaining, than who cares if its real or not? I don't watch the show but I don't really judge someone who does. I have my embarrassing trash I enjoy too and that fact that its got an extra layer of "fake" to it doesn't make it any better or worse.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sir Kodiak posted:

It's mostly miniatures work. For example, Jeremy Clarkson is only an inch tall.

So they measure Hammond in nanometers then?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

X-Files coming back? Who gives a poo poo. Finally the sequel show everyone has been waiting for:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/craig-t-nelson-star-coach-784791

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It is now the year 2000. The more things change the more they stay the same!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCXYWpkQ9NQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Deadpool posted:

It is now the year 2000. The more things change the more they stay the same!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCXYWpkQ9NQ
Reminder that sometime in between 2000 and 2010 the apocalypse happened and the dark mad max cyberpunk future is where the next KNIGHT RIDER took place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FIAJOKsjXo

• Locked thread