Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
Had Marriott Marquis as first choice. Got an email at 4:21 saying "You were booked into this hotel because you chose 'Book me into any downtown hotel.' when asked what we should do if none of your 6 choices were available."

Scrolled down. Ended up being Marriott Marquis. Room wasn't upgraded or anything.

I ain't even mad. Just confused.

XOIC of Radishes fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I didn't get anything, RIP.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Yeah, nothing here yet either. Finished at 9:02 :negative:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
So far, it's only a few smaller hotels and the Marriott Marquis. The vast majority have not been sent out yet.

Though it sounds like most of the rejections have gone through, which is good.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Axel Serenity posted:

So far, it's only a few smaller hotels and the Marriott Marquis. The vast majority have not been sent out yet.

Though it sounds like most of the rejections have gone through, which is good.

One person in my party got the Declan, the other 2 of us are still waiting.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I got 2 more rejections and then the Sheraton Hotel & Marina which is on a little islet south of the Airport.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Haven't heard anything yet, and I'm hoping that means no news is good news (the SDCC Unofficial Blog says the "no luck" emails go out first).

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Haven't heard anything yet, and I'm hoping that means no news is good news (the SDCC Unofficial Blog says the "no luck" emails go out first).

Last year the "HAHA you suck" emails went out first and then they did the hotels in alpha order.

With the gently caress up on Tuesday, I'm sure they're having a lot more problems but I still would like to believe the no luck emails were first.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Just got my confirmation.

Manchester Grand Hyatt

:qq: Not the marquis :qq:

(honestly I have no idea how I get so lucky on these, but I will not question it)

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Ok so it turns out I got a Marina Suite at the Sheraton Hotel & Marina. It's a big old suite for just little old me.

I'll totally trade that + cash for a downtown hotel room of any size. Will even SA-Mart that up if necessary.

I just got the Omni also. what the gently caress is going on there.

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 27, 2015

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Mine just came in. Omni for me. Top choice. Almost feel like I could've put almost anything for my top choice and gotten it but I'm very happy for the Omni. I really like them.

Edit: Nevermind.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 27, 2015

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Zeitgueist posted:

Just got my confirmation.

Manchester Grand Hyatt

:qq: Not the marquis :qq:

(honestly I have no idea how I get so lucky on these, but I will not question it)

Hey neighbor. My girlfriend got us this one too as a consolation prize. Nothing for me yet.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Ok so i have no loving idea but I just got a 3rd reservation (different number), 2nd one for the Omni. So i have 2 rooms at the Omni and 1 at the Sheraton Hotel & Marina.

Already confirmed and reserved the only room I need at the Omni.

edit: revkrule what did you say?

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 27, 2015

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Got the Marriott Gaslamp! My first choice. Gonna be a great year!

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
My choices weren't available so they put me at the Comfort Inn and Suites Zoo Seaworld. At least it's on the shuttle.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Hijinks Ensue posted:

My choices weren't available so they put me at the Comfort Inn and Suites Zoo Seaworld. At least it's on the shuttle.

This was a weird year and has apparently been even more of a bloodbath than usual. The shuttle is great, though, so it's definitely better than zilch. Looks like users at the 3-minute mark were shut out completely.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
If I take what they gave me, can I still keep an eye out and see if something better opens up?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Sure. Sometimes, albeit very rarely, downtown hotels will go up throughout the summer. The April 8 sale tends to have further away rooms open for a decent amount of time, so even if it's not great, you may find something closer.

My first year booking on my own, I got in through the late sale at the Sheraton near the airport. The shuttle made it actually pretty nice. It was a really nice hotel, and if I didn't have to run back and forth to my room throughout the convention for work now, I'd gladly stay there again.

As long as you refund your deposit by a certain date, feel free to switch up rooms if something else opens.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Cool. I've been lucky and had downtown hotels my other times, and I'm Creative Pro now so I figure karma balances out now by being a bit further away. It will make my cosplay day a bit of a pain but I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
I still haven't gotten poo poo.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Soarer posted:

I still haven't gotten poo poo.

Bristol and US Grant still going out. Was Hilton Bayfront one of your choices? I think that's the BIG one still waiting to send out confirmations.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Hilton Bayfront was choice 1

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Beast of Bourbon posted:

Ok so i have no loving idea but I just got a 3rd reservation (different number), 2nd one for the Omni. So i have 2 rooms at the Omni and 1 at the Sheraton Hotel & Marina.

Already confirmed and reserved the only room I need at the Omni.

edit: revkrule what did you say?

Transfer your other Omni reservation to me, then. Hit me up with an IM if you can.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
You can transfer reservations?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
The 2nd room at the Omni won't let me change or do anything to the rez. I can't even book it.

Probably a duplicate, still have the sheraton Marina if anyone wants that.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

John Lightning posted:

You can transfer reservations?

I hope so because at this point me and my two friends are going to rely on Goons to even go. I might have to cancel the whole trip. :smith:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
1.3 miles away. gently caress.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

drat... all three of my party got screwed; two guys finished in three minutes, me in two and still nada for effort. Ah well.

Jarnet
Jan 7, 2007

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Had Marriott Marquis as first choice. Got an email at 4:21 saying "You were booked into this hotel because you chose 'Book me into any downtown hotel.' when asked what we should do if none of your 6 choices were available."

Scrolled down. Ended up being Marriott Marquis. Room wasn't upgraded or anything.

I ain't even mad. Just confused.

It looks like this was a weird canned part of every email, I got it too despite booking my first choice and my cousin got The Dana at Mission Bay and also had the "You chose book me into any downtown hotel" line. Mission Bay being downtown and all.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Sire Oblivion posted:

I hope so because at this point me and my two friends are going to rely on Goons to even go. I might have to cancel the whole trip. :smith:

You can always get hotels; you just have to check the hotel site when it goes up daily for the best stuff to open up.

Also, if you really need one, you can have my consolation one; it's in Old Town, and I don't want it.

edit: And the friends of cci forum has a hotel trade/exchange/transfer spreadsheet up if you join their forum.

Darko fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 27, 2015

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Don't cancel your trip because you didn't get a hotel. There's plenty of hotels and rooms, just not necessarily in the immediate area. Hotel circle will almost certainly get a lot of rooms that open up after this Sunday (you have 72 hours to put your money down or the hotel they gave you goes back into the pool). I do hear the shuttle is actually really good and for the past couple years has run 24 hours if you're into the night life.

Also, follow the light rail track on google maps and look for hotels along that route. The other option is always parking, but that can be a little more of a nightmare at this point.

And this is all on top of the suggestions Darko gave.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Ya, certainly don't cancel your trip. Hotel circle has lots of room and the shuttle service is really pretty good. If you can get something like the Handerly it also has the added bonus of being right across the street from where you do badge pick up (at least in the last 4 years)

I'm waiting on some friends to make a decision but I ended up getting my first choice of the Hilton Bayfront last night so we won't need the Manchester Grand Hyatt reservation my girlfriend got.

Last year I was able to change the names on my consolation hotel to my friends. I'll check the actual reservation site later to see if it's the same later today.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I figure the biggest pain for me will be arrival/departure. When we get to the train station (note to self, make Amtrak ressies soon) we'll cab it to the hotel, then hit the shuttle back to the convention center to check in, have an early dinner, and get some stuff at Ralph's, then shuttle it back to the hotel. The shuttles running 24 hours make a big difference.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This is how a transfer works. You add the person you're transferring to as a second occupant, then they call and switch the contact info over to them.

quote:

Just to chime from my experience about an hour ago, I logged in to my newly acquired reservation, added myself as the occupant. I called in. They verified I was the second occupant. Took my CC info over the phone. They changed the contact info (email, billing and phone). I was able to log in with the reservation number, my last name and my phone number.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
If anyone wants my Marina Suite at the Sheraton Hotel & Marina near the airport, it's $310 a night and I will transfer it to you today, otherwise I'm going to let it lapse.

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

Beast of Bourbon posted:

If anyone wants my Marina Suite at the Sheraton Hotel & Marina near the airport, it's $310 a night and I will transfer it to you today, otherwise I'm going to let it lapse.

PM sent.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Responded! Good luck!

Edit: I no longer have the extra room at the Sheraton.

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 28, 2015

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
If anyone has an extra downtown hotel reservation, preferably for for Friday and Saturday night, I would be willing to take it off your hands!

Mobius 1
Aug 29, 2004
Sierra Hotel!
Welp, my party got screwed and nobody got a room. Its a bit of a long shot, but if anyone has a hotel reservation for a hotel within walking distance that they aren't using, I would be super grateful for the reservation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Is anyone looking to split a room with clean goons

• Locked thread