Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1asdHVOqkfM

Still doesn't want to show the bottom screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I have 100% faith in this being fake

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Quest For Glory II posted:

Mia Fey possessing people is about as anime as it gets.

I honestly hate her character so much. In the original trilogy Phoenix never gets to solve a case his own drat self, she shows up and give him the final answer or clue, just removing his agency. Is especially egregious when it's something I as the player figured out, or wanted to know, but Phoenix just ignored.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Got to mission 12 of Code Name Steam and I think I'm done. I'm just not actually having fun anymore. Each mission just annoys me more and more instead. I wanted to enjoy it and was for a while,but bleh.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

noirstronaut posted:

The craft Kirby one is the only good one

Wrong. Felyne theme is the best theme.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

There are many good 3DS themes. I am currently using Craft-Paper Kirby, NES: Sword-Swinging Link, NES: Donkey Kong, NES: Fire-Breathing Bowser, Bountiful Boos, Spotlight: Goomba, Super Mario: Wooden World, Super Smash Bros: Theme 2, Spinner: Bowser and Hanafuda. Those are all rad themes. I am interesed in NES: Samus Aran as well, I might replace Wooden World with that one.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004
Are the USA and Japan charging docks/cradles for the new 3ds identical? anything different on them? I am getting tired of waiting for the USA ones to come back in stock, so I am wondering if I will get burned importing one through ebay.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Bonobos posted:

Are the USA and Japan charging docks/cradles for the new 3ds identical? anything different on them? I am getting tired of waiting for the USA ones to come back in stock, so I am wondering if I will get burned importing one through ebay.

They are the same. The only thing you'll be burned of is the 3 extra dollars you spent.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Bonobos posted:

Identical. I imported a Japanese one and it looks and works no different. It's just a passthrough for the AC adapter.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The best 3DS theme is the MGS3 Snake Eater one, because it plays the Snake Eater song constantly

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kelp Plankton posted:

The best 3DS theme is the MGS3 Snake Eater one, because it plays the Snake Eater song constantly

Vocalized or Instrumental

this is important

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Kelp Plankton posted:

Holy poo poo I need this.

The Shovel Knight one is great for a similar reason.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Volt Catfish posted:

Vocalized or Instrumental

this is important

Instrumental unfortunately but it's still really good

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

RadicalR posted:

Iwata is an awesome dude. I love these interviews.

Me too.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Kelp Plankton posted:

I'll second this. I thought spending real money for a background on my 3ds was stupid until I saw this.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The best non-Sega theme is the Slowpoke Reggae theme, y'all know it.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1asdHVOqkfM

Still doesn't want to show the bottom screen.

noirstronaut posted:

I have 100% faith in this being fake

It has to be. The game is letterboxed on the screen even after leaving the story book bit. No reason for that to be going on unless it's fake.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Kelp Plankton posted:

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

if Nintendo doesn't release a Wind Waker remake for N3DS I'm going to kill myself

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Variable_H posted:

It has to be. The game is letterboxed on the screen even after leaving the story book bit. No reason for that to be going on unless it's fake.

The game was letterboxed during all cutscenes, so I don't know what you mean.

I mean it's almost definitely fake as poo poo but I'm confused as to how this is a knock against it.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Color Printer posted:

The game was letterboxed during all cutscenes, so I don't know what you mean.

I mean it's almost definitely fake as poo poo but I'm confused as to how this is a knock against it.

I never played it, so I didn't know it was letterboxed during cut scenes in the original. :shrug:
At the end of the video it seemed to go into regular gameplay, so I figured the letterboxing should have stopped.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

FormaldehydeSon posted:

if Nintendo doesn't release a Wind Waker remake for N3DS I'm going to kill myself

"Here lies FormaldehydeSon. True to his word."

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

greatn posted:

I honestly hate her character so much. In the original trilogy Phoenix never gets to solve a case his own drat self, she shows up and give him the final answer or clue, just removing his agency. Is especially egregious when it's something I as the player figured out, or wanted to know, but Phoenix just ignored.

I just finished case 2 of the first game and TURNING OVER THE GOD DAMNED RECEIPT YOU IDIOT was an infuriating example of this.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

greatn posted:

That is why I liked Phoenix's AA4 arc, he gets to do things himself and his life is no longer being controlled by Feys.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Have to say though, one of the worst things about Apollo Justice was that the character you were playing had even less agency than Phoenix had previously. Phoenix, Trucy and even Klavier were always hovering in the wings to help you out.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014

io_burn posted:

I used to think this, then I was playing my MMN3DSXL while waiting in public and some dude in an anime shirt came over to who wanted to see it. While examining it he noticed a scratch on the side and interrogated me about it. I was like, "Oh, yeah, I dropped it." This personally offended him to the point that he felt the need to lecture me on not having a case. The rant ended with something called a "brohoof" which I had to look up online and immediately felt even more uncomfortable than I already did.

This thread is truly the gift that just keeps on giving.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Should I spend my Club Nintendo coins now or is Big N going to let people buy something special right before they close up shop?

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I just got a New 3ds XL and am trying to replace the SD card before I transfer since everything I have won't fit on the default one. The left-hand screw stripped the moment I touched it. Am I boned?

e: Tried a slightly bigger driver, worked.

Zeth fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 27, 2015

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Red Robin Hood posted:

Should I spend my Club Nintendo coins now or is Big N going to let people buy something special right before they close up shop?

Wait. You have a few months to spend them and they are still going to give away something in the next month or so. I'm chomping at the bit to spend mine, too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zeth posted:

I just got a New 3ds XL and am trying to replace the SD card before I transfer since everything I have won't fit on the default one. The left-hand screw stripped the moment I touched it. Am I boned?

LOL.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Dave Angel posted:

Have to say though, one of the worst things about Apollo Justice was that the character you were playing had even less agency than Phoenix had previously. Phoenix, Trucy and even Klavier were always hovering in the wings to help you out.

Someone I think on the Ace Attorney thread described Apollo as "Phoenix but more so", and they really hit the nail on the head. Since Phoenix often has the rug pulled under him, Apollo can't do anything.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Dreyvas posted:

This thread is truly the gift that just keeps on giving.

it's making up for being really awful for awhile

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
If anyone is interested, I have a non-xl cyber grip accessory on SA mart for the new 3ds.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3709011

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Theta Zero posted:

"Here lies FormaldehydeSon. True to his word."

"He died for want of a WiiU".

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

raditts posted:

I just finished case 2 of the first game and TURNING OVER THE GOD DAMNED RECEIPT YOU IDIOT was an infuriating example of this.
This is by far the worst example of this (outside of Layton doing it himself in Layton vs. Wright) and a big reason why I don't like that case all that much, but IIRC the other cases in the series don't have that bullshit too much. They often have different bullshit, though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well in case 3 there is an obvious contradiction in the villains testimony with her previous testimony, but phoenix just gives up so Edgeworth objects instead and points it out.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So I want to get one of the life simulation games on 3ds. Looking around, the three big ones are story of seasons, Fantasy life and rune factory 4.

I know story of seasons isn't out yet but I'm sure people have watched it closely. What would be the recommended one to get if I could get only one of those three? I don't mind having dungeons and monster fighting so rune factory sounds fine.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Ineffiable posted:

So I want to get one of the life simulation games on 3ds. Looking around, the three big ones are story of seasons, Fantasy life and rune factory 4.

I know story of seasons isn't out yet but I'm sure people have watched it closely. What would be the recommended one to get if I could get only one of those three? I don't mind having dungeons and monster fighting so rune factory sounds fine.

Rune Factory 4 is pretty much the best farm-'em-up since the PS1 and GBA. Story of Seasons promises to be good but A) it's not out yet so might as well wait for reviews and B) it'll be far more focused on the farm and animal stuff and won't really have a combat side.

Fantasy Life is almost the opposite of Harvest Moon and its successors: It's a Level-5 single-player MMO (mostly in a good way and also you can form groups of three with other players) with extensive crafting and character customization. It has no farming, negligible animal stuff and no relationship stuff. You can still HAVE pets and party members but they're mostly allies in combat that improve based on your use of them. Oh yeah, and it's cornered the market on charm.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

noirstronaut posted:

The craft Kirby one is the only good one

Hanafuda theme and I would like to have a word with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I don't want to screw around with online stuff (even if it may be optional, it sounds like the best way to play Fantasy life) and story of seasons is probably very close to the original harvest moons? I think rune factory 4 will be for me. They've fixed the issues of farming not being as good as going mining or dungeon diving?