Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Please get the anime out of my Magic: The Gathering thread :(

:cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Anafenza, the Ghost with the Foremost

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Annie (May) Fenza, the Foremost Ghost

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
There is only one thing to do when this thread becomes too far gone to save it:

Cast obliterate

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Chooses anime and then casts duneblast

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
so is it okay or is it not okay to have an anafenza 2 playmat

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Zoness posted:

It's classier than an M16 Lili playmat.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Zoness posted:

It's totally ok she isn't anime she just has raccoon eyes from not sleeping very much.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
Don't forget to keep your pillow in nm condition with the new Anafenza, Kin-Tree Waifu Pillow Sleeve from Ultra Pro.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

So when you guys talk about double sleeving, is that inside of a penny sleeve and then inside of a KMC sleeve? Or would I need to get one of the perfect fit sleeves or whatever.
Also I think someone mentioned that dragonshields are awful for double sleeving, any word on how double sleeving goes for UP?\

Please help me figure out how to protect my precious cardboard

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

BattleCake posted:

So when you guys talk about double sleeving, is that inside of a penny sleeve and then inside of a KMC sleeve? Or would I need to get one of the perfect fit sleeves or whatever.
Also I think someone mentioned that dragonshields are awful for double sleeving, any word on how double sleeving goes for UP?\

Please help me figure out how to protect my precious cardboard
For double sleeving you really need a KMC perfect fit. Using penny sleeves would be like trying to put a dress shirt on over a sweater. As for the outer sleeve, I haven't had any troubles with dragon shields but UP are only a sliver of quality above $3-for-100 meme image sleeves.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Note: Ultra Pro makes Pro Fit sleeves that are similar to KMC Perfect Fits. They're garbage. Don't buy them. Spend the like $1.50 more and get well made fitted sleeves that are snug but don't risk actively loving up your cards just by putting them inside.

A friend of mine went to buy Pro Fits 'cause he needed to re-sleeve his deck and I tried to convince him to buy the Perfect Fits instead. He didn't. So we sat down and I started helping him re-sleeve and we nearly bent every card trying to get them into the sleeves. I pulled out one of my cards to show him why the Perfect Fits were better and as soon as I finished putting the card back in the sleeve he started walking straight back up to the front without saying a thing. :v:

And then we had to re-re-sleeve half the deck. :v:

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 27, 2015

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

qbert posted:

It's classier than an M16 Lili playmat.

Wait are we talking pre- or post-ignition Liliana?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Cernunnos posted:

Note: Ultra Pro makes Pro Fit sleeves that are similar to KMC Perfect Fits. They're garbage. Don't buy them. Spend the like $1.50 more and get well made fitted sleeves that are snug but don't risk actively loving up your cards just by putting them inside.

A friend of mine went to buy Pro Fits 'cause he needed to re-sleeve his deck and I tried to convince him to buy the Perfect Fits instead. He didn't. So we sat down and I started helping him re-sleeve and we nearly bent every card trying to get them into the sleeves. I pulled out one of my cards to show him why the Perfect Fits were better and as soon as I finished putting the card back in the sleeve he started walking straight back up to the front without saying a thing. :v:

And then we had to re-re-sleeve half the deck. :v:

Seconding these things are way too loving tight.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Seconding these things are way too loving tight.

Thirding this, Pro Fits are way too tight and every time I've tried to put one on it watched someone try to put one on a card it's like playing a low rent version of flip n rip except your fancy card might end up creased in the middle instead of torn in half.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
This is the most magical post I've ever seen: http://www.gofundme.com/q3umeeg

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Is that guy a real person?

Like is there some Silver Pro Scandal or something that I don't know about?

he's name dropping people that I don't know either, am I supposed to know them?

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Okay, I'll be that guy. Someone's going to have to explain to me how Anafenza 2 looks any more "anime" than pretty much any other card except Stasis.

Actually Stasis could probably be a Madoka witch, Stasis most anime card

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I'm the donations in the form of references.

e: wait, I'm the convoluted "I'll totes pay you my winnings when I crush my next magic event despite providing you with debtrepaymentproblems.txt" system

BXCX fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 27, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hopping Ghost posted:

Okay, I'll be that guy. Someone's going to have to explain to me how Anafenza 2 looks any more "anime" than pretty much any other card except Stasis.
I thought it was just a matter of how cute the art is due to the sparkles but it's possible the darker shadow around her eyes makes her look "anime" to some people?

Also I don't know if you've post but this thread humps memes and such into the ground.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Sigma-X posted:

Is that guy a real person?

Like is there some Silver Pro Scandal or something that I don't know about?

he's name dropping people that I don't know either, am I supposed to know them?

Alex Hayne, Jacob Wilson, and Jesse Hampton are pretty well known yeah. This kid sounds like he needs to get his life in order and stay away from competitive gaming or gambling for a while though.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Hopping Ghost posted:

Actually Stasis could probably be a Madoka witch, Stasis most anime card

she's my waifu therefore she is anime, qed

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I made it to the part about his side profit projects what the gently caress is this post about.

EDIT: holy poo poo what the gently caress is wrong with this person.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 27, 2015

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'll admit I tried to find an anime-ish card that wasn't literally anime Chandra and I couldn't really find one. Magic art is many things, but it isn't really anime in the slightest.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

cheetah7071 posted:

I'll admit I tried to find an anime-ish card that wasn't literally anime Chandra and I couldn't really find one. Magic art is many things, but it isn't really anime in the slightest.

Jace, Memory Adept.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

ungulateman posted:

she's my waifu therefore she is anime, qed

Why didn't anyone call non-ghost Anafenza their waifu?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

qbert posted:

Jace, Memory Adept.

If he didn't have Final Fantasy hair he wouldn't really look anime at all. That hair though.

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?

Samael posted:

UK/Euro Goons, have any of you attempted to ask your local LGS/online sites on pre-ordering boxes of MM2015? Cheapest I could find is 240 euros a box (+shipping) and I was wondering if anyone has had better luck tracking some down.

I am waiting on my LGS telling how much they want and "if they can". I would be tempted to grab that box.. what does it work out at? £7.50 a pack or something?

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I just did probably the most fun wacky draft I've ever done. The LGS I go to had an "Invitational" in which the top 2 people in drafts since Fate Reforged came out, top 2 FNM people, and 4 others (I can't remember what they got in for) did a free wacky draft. 1st prize was a box of Dragons of Tarkir.

There were 8 draft sets: 2 Avacyn Restored sets, 2 Return to Ravnica block sets, 2 Theros block sets, and 2 Fate-Khans-Khans sets. We drew randomly to see who got pick their draft sets first. I won and picked Avacyn Restored. There were actually only 7 people in the draft (one did not show up) so one of the sets of Theros went unused.

My p1p1 was Deadeye Navigator. Anyone who has played against it in any format will tell you how awful and frustrating it is to play against. If you untap with it you will have hard time losing the game. I didn't get anything that pairs great with it, except for a p3p1 Mist Raven. The packs were mostly pretty stacked, and everyone drafted well, staying out their neighbor's colors for the most part. I went R/U/g, there was a R/U/b drafter, R/B, W/B/r, G/B/w, G/W, and U/W. So every color was drafted appropriately.

My deck was pretty good::

Rugged Highlands
Izzet Guidlgate
7 Islands
6 Mountains
2 Forests

Wingcrafter
Sultai Skullkeeper
Icefeather Aven
Bloodfire Mentor
Scrapyard Drake
Jeskai Windscout
Galvanic Alchemist
Stealer of Secrets
Wind Drake
Mist Raven
Cloaked Siren
Flurry of Horns
Glacial Stalker
Sagu Mauler
Deadeye Navigator

Far/Away
Voyage's End
Bathe in Dragonfire
Bolt of Keranos
Massive Raid
Homing Lightning
Arrow Storm
Thoughtflare

First round was against R/U/b. He was splashing for Demonic Taskmaster and Homicidal Seclusion. His early creatures were pretty bad, and got stopped by Bloodfire Mentor and Flurry tokens while I beat him down in the air. He got out Taskmaster, but I bounced it with Icefeather Aven after he sacked a creature to it and attacked, and didn't have black up to recast it. I hit him low enough to finish him off with Bolt of Keranos. The second game went about the same way, except his hand was worse. I killed all of his creatures that were actually a threat and finished him off with burn.

Round 2 was against B/G/w. Game 1 he played creature after creature, and I was a little bit behind the whole game, until he finally killed me. Shambling Attendants was particularly annoying. Game 2 he only had black mana for too long, and Flurry of Horns tokens took him out. Game 3 was very close until some bad attacks on his part. He curved out pretty well with Sluiceway Scorpion into Druids Familiar. He attacked with both of his 4/4s into my Stealer of Secrets and 2 Flurry Tokens. I triple blocked and he chose to kill one of my 2/3s (not a bad trade for Druid's Familiar), and then he played Undead Executioner. On my turn I played Deadeye Navigator, and on his turn he attacked with both his 2/2s, probably hoping to at least get value killing Stealer of Secrets. I made the sweet block of Stealer of Secrets on Scorpion and Navigator on Executioner, so when his Executioner died there was nothing for him to kill. off. From that point I basically just attacked with Deadeye Navigator until he died.

I split round 3 with my opponent, who is a friend of mine, so we each got like 24 packs. He was playing G/W with some very strong cards, and we played it out for fun. Game 1 I died pretty hard to Eidolon of Countless Battles on a creature, followed up by Incremental Growth on 3 of his guys. Game 2 I was on the play and tempoed him out real hard with Mist Raven and other fliers and bounce spells. I got out Deadeye Navigator to combo with Mist Raven, but he topdecked a Smite the Monstrous to kill it before I untapped. Game 3 was kind of a debaucle. I kept a hand with Mountain, Forest, Forest, Bathe in Dragonfire, Flurry of Horns, and 2 blue spells, and proceeded to draw blue spells and mountains for like 7 or 8 turns. Luckily my opponent was insanely flooded out so I was able to win anyway. I'm glad we had split because it would have been dumb to beat a friend like that.

Most valuable card: Flurry of Horns. Holy poo poo I forgot what value that card is. 4/6 worth of haste creatures for 5 mana, so good. Showed up all the time when I needed it. Honorable Mention to Bloodfire Mentor, who died a total of 0 times and drew me a shitload of cards.

Worst card: actually nothing, every card in the deck worked out really well, except maybe Scrapyard Drake who could never block anything.

Drew exactly one card off of: Stealer of Secrets

Where the gently caress were you: Thoughtflare

Thanks for not milling my bombs: Sultai Skullkeeper

Only showed up as overkill: Sagu Mauler

End of turn: Cloaked Siren

Better lucky than good: Deadeye Navigator (and Mist Raven)

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Quote is not edit

Kurash
May 12, 2008

Zemyla posted:

Why didn't anyone call non-ghost Anafenza their waifu?

While there's a scholarly debate to be had on the precise nature of the waifu, it's pretty easy to contrast Honestly Looks Caucasian Anafenza and Sad Ghost Sparkle Sparkle Anafenza.

On one hand you have a tragic doe-eyed dead girl like your favourite animu, and the other has your mom yelling at you for crusting up the hand-towels when there's a kleenex box in every room you disgusting child.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

DoctorOozy posted:

I am waiting on my LGS telling how much they want and "if they can". I would be tempted to grab that box.. what does it work out at? £7.50 a pack or something?

Yeah, works out about that much.

Here is the site- http://www.games-island.eu/en/modern-masters-2015-edition-presale_179/

(240 euro currently works out to that much in £)

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

So every $10 gets me 1%. If I donate $1000, this gets me 100% of his winnings. He is trying to get $3700.

And he has problems with debt and repayment? You don't say! :monocle:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

What the gently caress is a "gambling bubble"

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Froghammer posted:

What the gently caress is a "gambling bubble"

It's his term for "that time I gambled my money away".

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Modern Masters boxes have 24 packs so $240 or Euros or whatever is exactly retail price.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
MSRP is :10bux: a pack, right? Hopefully there's more supply this time so it actually gets sold close to that.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
oscar jones deck tech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp1eq56_kLU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

This physically hurts to watch. He just seems so awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Count Bleck posted:

This physically hurts to watch. He just seems so awkward.

To be fair to Mr. Jones, that's probably more due to Zac Hill being the most awkward man alive.

• Locked thread