Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This pissed off South American will NOT stop until the fat white magic man is dead... and when he takes down Santa Claus, he's coming for Big Georgie M next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The fine silken robe cupped her bosom as Jon mucked her box, not unlike how Lord Manderly had eaten the finest fatted calf at the banquet, stuffing his gob with glazed quail, roast rabbit stuffed with fig, and three healthy glasses of southern wine. This is how Jon mucked her box.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

You waste less time watching a TV show than reading a really lovely book series that's enormous.

If you still use a notecard to read probably.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Lord Frisk posted:

The fine silken robe cupped her bosom as Jon mucked her box, not unlike how Lord Manderly had eaten the finest fatted calf at the banquet, stuffing his gob with glazed quail, roast rabbit stuffed with fig, and three healthy glasses of southern wine. This is how Jon mucked her box.

you know muffing jon snow

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Really Pants posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

This pissed off South American will NOT stop until the fat white magic man is dead... and when he takes down Santa Claus, he's coming for Big Georgie M next.

Here Santa is known as "Homem do Saco" aka Bagman and he is either an ecuadorian immigrant or a gypsy (or Roma) that steals children to sell their organs.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow, racist much

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tollymain posted:

wow, racist much

quote:

Sem pátria, num mundo onde tudo se transforma em uma velocidade cada vez maior, o povo cigano viveu durante muito tempo marginalizado da sociedade e desenvolveu-se uma aversão da população a esse povo, tachando-os de ladrões, sequestradores e vadios. No início do surgimento da lenda do velho do saco no continente americano, os pais amarravam uma fita vermelha na perna da cama da criança indesejada e o velho do saco passava à noite de casa em casa, se houvesse uma fita vermelha na perna da cama o velho do saco poderia levar embora a criança em questão. De acordo com os antropólogos, essa história era a versão original da lenda do velho do saco, os pais a usavam para assustar as crianças ou para forçarem as crianças a serem obedientes.

It's what the source I read tells me!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I can't read your moon language. I assume it's about textiles and meat pies.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

FactsAreUseless posted:

But Martin's prose is so fine and so good!
Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was making GBS threads brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water. When she closed her eyes at last, Dany did not know whether she would be strong enough to open them again.

Also:

Really Pants posted:

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

Really Pants posted:

For the second time in 2 pages :sbahj:

Cunnilingus jokes apparently make Trad Games bring out its A game.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

*clangs loudly on pots and pans whenever Plutonis opens his mouth to speak*

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Doodmons posted:

Cunnilingus jokes apparently make Trad Games bring out its A game.

The A game is lower.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

AlphaDog posted:

The A game is lower.

Punch up not down

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Plutonis lives in South America? Have we confirmed that he's not RPGPundit? I mean I've never seen them in the same room together...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Don't compare me to an Uruguayan or even to any of the Cone Sul countries.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Refresh my memory; is Pillars of Eternity based on the Numenera engine?

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Evil Mastermind posted:

You're thinking of the new Torment, Pillars of Eternity is from scratch as far as I know.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Evil Mastermind posted:

No, that's Torment: Tides of Numenara. This is the one that is a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gift me this.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I like GRRM and his writing, so there. :colbert:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Error 404 posted:

*clangs loudly on pots and pans whenever Plutonis opens his mouth to speak*

Are you a heron? :ohdear:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The Real Foogla posted:

Are you a heron? :ohdear:

Negative, i am a meat popsicle

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

He's cool, I dont know his backstory but he's basically a nice elf wizard thats got glaswegian tourrettes

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Here Santa is known as "Homem do Saco" aka Bagman and he is either an ecuadorian immigrant or a gypsy (or Roma) that steals children to sell their organs.

Other heavy-hitters of Brazilian folklore include a headless horse who spits fire through its nose, the eighth son after seven daughters becoming a werewolf (like a Discworld wizard went wrong), "huge snake only it's on fire", that guy with beer bottles for feet which I never got the point of, pipe-smoking half-naked one-legged black child, and a sexy porpoise.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

If the horse is headless, how does he spit fire from his nose?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Well of course you cant see the fire it's head isn't here right now but oh just trust me it shoots fire like a volcano.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The Brazilian version of The Godfather has got to be loving hardcore.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

If the horse is headless, how does he spit fire from his nose?
Terrible!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cyphoderus posted:

Other heavy-hitters of Brazilian folklore include a headless horse who spits fire through its nose, the eighth son after seven daughters becoming a werewolf (like a Discworld wizard went wrong), "huge snake only it's on fire", that guy with beer bottles for feet which I never got the point of, pipe-smoking half-naked one-legged black child, and a sexy porpoise.

Also the flaming hair goblin with backwards feet.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cyphoderus posted:

Sexy porpoise?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Techpirates is 11 years old, why are we still talking about this sort of thing

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice

Cyphoderus posted:

I wanna play this RPG story game.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Weird folklore creatures are the best. Like lumberjack urban legends. The catthing with lopsided legs so it has to walk circles around mountains to stand up straight. Or the thing that's so fast it keeps running into trees.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
In case you didn't know, Satan Santa Claus is from Finland.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Lapland dude. Half way to jotunheim.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ratpick posted:

In case you didn't know, Satan Santa Claus is from Finland.

Depends on how you view things. It's arguable that the concept has changed so much that different countries can take credit for the particular version they have. Of course, an entire country taking credit for an idea is a little silly, I suppose.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Santa is American and he lives at the mall.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FactsAreUseless posted:

Angel de la Muerte is American and he lives at the mall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, there's tons of Hispanic guys at the mall, and frankly, it's erotic.

• Locked thread