Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sure, I'd be down for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm down.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
This seems sweet, I like drafting even if I haven't tried YGO drafting before.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm a complete beginner but this might help me actually, you know, practice and get better, so I'm in.

Though uhh, the explanation of how this works kind of confused me. Let me see if I somewhat get it...three packs are opened, if I'm first I choose one, then player 2 has to choose from the packs except that one, including player 8 doing so to player 1 until there's no more cards, then it's done again but backwards with three new packs?

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 27, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm a complete beginner but this might help me actually, you know, practice and get better, so I'm in.

Though uhh, the explanation of how this works kind of confused me. Let me see if I somewhat get it...three packs are opened, if I'm first I choose one, then player 2 has to choose from the packs except that one, including player 8 doing so to player 1 until there's no more cards, then it's done again but backwards with three new packs?

Each player opens 3 packs, so we each have 15 cards. We pick one, remove it from the list, and pass the 14 to the next person along, so you'll receive 14 from player 3, Player 2 receives 14 from you. So on and so forth, until each player has 15 cards. And then yes, the next 15 is done in reverse, you passing to Player 3 and receiving from Player 2

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is this gonna be automated or are we gonna do it post-by-post with screencaps in this thread? Also, can I make fake sports draft analysis in which I say stuff like "Boy that's a great pick, Alexandrite Dragon is a strong, fast competitor with great fundamentals."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

VJeff posted:

Is this gonna be automated or are we gonna do it post-by-post with screencaps in this thread? Also, can I make fake sports draft analysis in which I say stuff like "Boy that's a great pick, Alexandrite Dragon is a strong, fast competitor with great fundamentals."

I'll boot up an IRC for it because nobody but you is supposed to see your pick, or what's coming down the line. So if you go to Mibbit

http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/

SynIRC and #ADTRWDraft you should get in.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm updating the OP for Zexal now, enjoy that whenever it goes up.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Drafting sounds fun and I'm actually interested in playing because of it. I suppose I'll try to get up to speed on the game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm in.

e: Messing around with the generator. Sometimes you have to think hard to decide what to draft. Sometimes the randomizer gives you Dark Magician of Chaos.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 27, 2015

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'll try it out, if there are still spots left.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Right now we have 6 slots filled with Momomo, 7 if I play.

If you are curious about the cards involved, you can look up Battle Pack 2 here

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Pack_2:_War_of_the_Giants

EDIT: also we are in #ADTRWDraft on SynIRC right now going over how drafting works for anyone still at a loss. In case you want to get an idea for it

Onmi fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 27, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

looking forward to drafting slifer and having him sitting around being useles

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Yaay, I love Yugiers. I'd love to play a drafting.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Is Axe of Despair as splashable as it seems?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

kinda. most equip cards are pretty splashable.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
United We Stand's better.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

everythingWasBees posted:

VJeff posted:

United We Stand's better.
Neither of them are very good by modern standards.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I won't be able to partecipate since my computer's busted, but if you could record the various duels so me and other people watching from the sidelines can appreciate them, I'd be grateful. Please?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Seconding that sentiment, would be appreciated. :shobon:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Once we get into the tournament, I can stream my matches.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

I won't be able to partecipate since my computer's busted, but if you could record the various duels so me and other people watching from the sidelines can appreciate them, I'd be grateful. Please?

Well I can try my best to do so and provide commentary. depends on how long people have. I know Senerio can record his matches

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You better have a summoning chant prepared for every extra deck summon or else i'm going to be very disappointed.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You better have a summoning chant prepared for every extra deck summon or else i'm going to be very disappointed.

I can guarantee an appropriate chant for every extra deck summon.

There are no extra deck monsters in Battle Pack 2 :ssh:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I promise that if we do this with a pack that has an Extra Deck, I will come prepared.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

We'll do the draft and then the Winner we can stream a proper duel with me running commentary, and the two winners just acting it out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Senerio posted:

I can guarantee an appropriate chant for every extra deck summon.

There are no extra deck monsters in Battle Pack 2 :ssh:

I thought multiple packs were being used and that each person only gets like 10 cards from each pack used? Or is the same pack just being opened 7 times?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I thought multiple packs were being used and that each person only gets like 10 cards from each pack used? Or is the same pack just being opened 7 times?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Pack_2:_War_of_the_Giants

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oh. Then there better be summon chants for the Egyptian Gods. Even though no-one will summon them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Oh. Then there better be summon chants for the Egyptian Gods. Even though no-one will summon them.

You'd be surprised Polygon.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cyber Jar :swoon:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
http://ygorganization.com/wearefuturefighters/

Oh look, more Frightfur Wolf OTKs! :laffo:

And it can even be summoned by One For One, jesus christ.

Edit: And they nerfed the poo poo outta Fuzzy Lanius too. Ruri would not be happy with this. :smith:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Mar 27, 2015

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Monarchs with the new vassal support seem pretty busted. They really help accelerate out the tribute monsters and all of your plays are so powerful that you only need to stick one or two monsters to shut down your opponent.

This is the decklist I've been running:

1x The End of Anubis
2x Vanity's Fiend
3x Caius the Shadow Monarch
3x Majesty's Fiend
3x Raiza the Storm Monarch
2x Landrode the Rock Vassal
2x Garum the Storm Vassal
3x Mithra the Thunder Vassal
1x Lucius the Shadow Vassal
2x Battle Fader

3x Grudge of the Monarchs
3x Forbidden Lance
3x The Monarchs Stormforth
3x March of the Monarchs
2x Return of the Monarchs
1x The True Monarch Dominion

1x Vanity's Emptiness
1x Skill Drain
1x Escalation of the Monarchs

I've noticed a lot of decks fold to either Vanity or Majesty Fiend by themselves. If you can get them out quickly with lance or march of the monarchs as backup, it's really difficult to overcome.

Mr. Whale fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 27, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mirror force dragon is amazing. :swoon:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I'm about to get started with 5Ds, does it do the AKIRA bike slide at all? It better :colbert:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I used to play a Mausoleum of the Emperor deck with.Vanity's Fiend to gently caress people over and heavy hitters like Ultimate Tyranno to eat their faces. Vanity's produced such wonderful reactions.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Mr. Whale posted:

Monarchs with the new vassal support seem pretty busted. They really help accelerate out the tribute monsters and all of your plays are so powerful that you only need to stick one or two monsters to shut down your opponent.

1x The End of Anubis
2x Vanity's Fiend
3x Majesty's Fiend

3x Forbidden Lance
3x March of the Monarchs

1x Vanity's Emptiness
1x Skill Drain

I've noticed a lot of decks fold to either Vanity or Majesty Fiend by themselves. If you can get them out quickly with lance or march of the monarchs as backup, it's really difficult to overcome.
God that's broken.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi posted:

EDIT: also we are in #ADTRWDraft on SynIRC right now going over how drafting works for anyone still at a loss. In case you want to get an idea for it

Oh man, I was asleep when you did this. I'm still at somewhat of a loss, I could've used the explanation. Oh well.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I promise I will summon one if I get one, even if I have to throw the goddamn match for it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh man, I was asleep when you did this. I'm still at somewhat of a loss, I could've used the explanation. Oh well.

I promise I will summon one if I get one, even if I have to throw the goddamn match for it.

I'm still up (barely) to give an explanation but I also have this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al37wCzeEyU using magic the gathering, showing the process taking place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Mr. Whale posted:

1x The End of Anubis
2x Vanity's Fiend
3x Majesty's Fiend

3x Forbidden Lance
3x March of the Monarchs

1x Vanity's Emptiness
1x Skill Drain

What are the last two cards? There's only 38 cards here.