Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

astr0man posted:

organner

e:

I thought it's something like the potential cooldown drops 1 level every week

30 euros monthly! does it come with a blowjob too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
:goonsay:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Bohemian Nights posted:

Finally, at 38 wins I just had my first game with a completely obvious, no-doubt-in-my-mind wallhacker, constantly making impossible wallbang shots. Ended up winning 16-13, but I don't understand how we pulled it off. I watched the replay just now, and the guy was literally aiming and tracing heads through walls, sometimes just for fun when idling around. We had to change up our tactics to consciously have more than one wall between us and him, which basically meant completely abandoning catwalk as CT and t-roof as T, because he would just instantly own us from one or the other.

e: If anyone is curious here's the link. Bob is our guy.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-Gp2Yq-pm3KF-fccvK-tKfGM-CnF8D

It's kinda funny how at times he tries to "cover up" the fact that he's wall hacking. Like round seven he shoots the guy on silo from heaven, then like a few seconds after looking around realizes "uh, maybe I should just randomly shoot at the other windows so it looks like I was lucky. yeah".

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
double post, but whatever.

Some dude posted this to reddit. Basically a radical redesign of nuke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3fRgBtmBgo

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Crain posted:

looks awful

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

yeah, less of a redesign and more of a "I really just want a new map with bad ideas in it".

Also lol at the line "I know these might not be good ideas, but at least it's change".

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

:pcgaming:
Although the implementation of it is terrible, I like the idea of a backroom that links ramp and control

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Crain posted:

yeah, less of a redesign and more of a "I really just want a new map with bad ideas in it".

id say its at best a desperate reddit upvote grab. the changes he actually made aren't thought out well enough, or implemented well at all. good maps don't come about by accident, or by throwing a couple hours into hammer or whatever you use to make maps these days. the 1.6 version of nuke was pretty much the perfect map. i still think that heavily CT sided maps are the best, though, because i'm a dumb bad nerd.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
somebody post that 1.6 nuke wallbang video (you know the one)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Wrt the mirage one way smoke on a: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Please don't take this away from me, valve its too fun

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item
1v4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cnR1d8FXJ0

flick? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXE6nJF2TAg

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Fat Lou, next time we LAN you need to REALLY burgerize your outfit completely:

The rest of your soon-to-be wardrobe can be found here.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

what do i have to do to rank up valve

how many people drop 60+ points consistently and don't rank up? :(

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Your points barely matter (if at all, and likely only because they vaguely correlate with MVP) and four consecutive wins is not very many in a row.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Elysiume posted:

Your points barely matter (if at all, and likely only because they vaguely correlate with MVP) and four consecutive wins is not very many in a row.

I was mainly using the points as an argument for top-fragging. But I guess I just have to grind more wins.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Top fragging doesn't matter either

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Crain posted:

You just made me listen to 5 minutes of a dude jerk himself off about 'skill'.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

mcvey posted:

My best friends Open teams entry fraggers sisters roommate heard from this guy who's going with the lurker of NiP that he said he saw Flusha download cheats onto his mouse at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

haha gently caress

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Turk February posted:

Fat Lou, next time we LAN you need to REALLY burgerize your outfit completely:

The rest of your soon-to-be wardrobe can be found here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xc1l-nPMfM

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

A Day In The Life Of Fat Lou

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Turk February posted:

A Day In The Life Of Fat Lou

Well maybe if you weren't such a prude bitch you'd let him ram the poopchute and then he wouldn't treat you that way.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
1.6 nuke best nuke.

Evidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyQu6jHo4

e:And for the people that didn't play before GO, here's the whole pubmasters video. The best CS video that ever will be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqkYmVWdxVE

invision fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 27, 2015

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Update for the 0 of you that care: Of my last 8 games, 7 have been losses and 1 has been a draw. I'm consistenly 4th or 5th on my team. I've not yet downranked below Silver Elite.

I wish it'd hurry the gently caress up, this isn't even fun.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Yeah well I got downranked to LEM because I've played about 7 games over 2 nights and 3 of them have had balls to the wall spin botters in them sooo

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

kcer posted:

Yeah well I got downranked to LEM because I've played about 7 games over 2 nights and 3 of them have had balls to the wall spin botters in them sooo

Why do you still play MM?

e: TSM scumming knife round on dust2 vs navi

Waltchelg fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 27, 2015

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
drat nobody told me that SLTV has POV streams. I must've missed all the funny poo poo during NiP's game.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Crain posted:

I just know this guy as the one with the videos where he deranks intentionally while having musings about how his 1.6 mates abandoned him and the hobby.

This was a treat to witness.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

invision posted:

1.6 nuke best nuke.

Evidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyQu6jHo4

e:And for the people that didn't play before GO, here's the whole pubmasters video. The best CS video that ever will be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqkYmVWdxVE
Phoon would like a word.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Carrier posted:

Phoon would like a word.

moNstrous > pubmasters > too much for zblock >>>>>> pretty much everything else

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

Nam Taf posted:

Update for the 0 of you that care: Of my last 8 games, 7 have been losses and 1 has been a draw. I'm consistenly 4th or 5th on my team. I've not yet downranked below Silver Elite.

I wish it'd hurry the gently caress up, this isn't even fun.

lol

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

ikr i'm so bad. i don't know how i got unlucky enough to be carried through the first 3 or 4 games

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
go play 1v1 multiarenas for about two days then come back and crush every legitimate silver and nova you play against

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
people who are genuinely below nova 2 actually have crab hands so unless youre physically disabled you can do eet

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I routinely top-3 arms race or deathmatch, but i utterly choke in competitive. Maybe I just need to take up casual for a month

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nam Taf posted:

I routinely top-3 arms race or deathmatch, but i utterly choke in competitive. Maybe I just need to take up casual for a month

I see you are attempting to troll the thread.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

satsui no thankyou posted:

go play 1v1 multiarenas for about two days then come back and crush every legitimate silver and nova you play against

Aside from having done this with headshots only with an evenly skilled buddy, I've also clocked a few hours on aim_map by now. It's tryhardy and a little lame but running that on 0.50/0.25 has helped my accuracy and reaction times tremendously.
It's kind of funny, but when I first posted started posting in the thread, I was ranked at gn2 and thought I had been horribly overestimated by the system, and now just a month later I'm basically just waiting for my AK rank.

:spergin:

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
its better to dm and 1v1 because learning to deal with opponent movement but yeah, aim maps can be good. i like practicing awp reaction time for corner holding for example

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Waltchelg posted:

Why do you still play MM?

e: TSM scumming knife round on dust2 vs navi

I don't know :(

Nam Taf posted:

Valve DM and Arms Race typically have people who are very new to CS in them. Find a popular DM modded community server and play there instead. Those will have much better players in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I see you are attempting to troll the thread.

Believe it or not, I'm not. I'm actually this bad at cs/life

kcer posted:

Valve DM and Arms Race typically have people who are very new to CS in them. Find a popular DM modded community server and play there instead. Those will have much better players in them.

Yeh I've noticed that. The AU community server selection is pretty dire. :( there's like 2 maybe? I think a big part of my failing is my decision-making and positions. I should probably find some good educational videos.

• Locked thread