Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

MiddleEastBeast posted:

To be fair to Mr. Jones, that's probably more due to Zac Hill being the most awkward man alive.

Who said I was talking about Oscar Jones? :smuggo:

Okay no he's pretty awkward too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Zemyla posted:

Why didn't anyone call non-ghost Anafenza their waifu?

She'd crush my bones with the goat chariot and then remove me from existence, all while Mom still gets to 2/2.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
In the original Anafenza art, it's actually a goat that's Foremost in the picture. I like to think that in the original timelime, the Abzan were led into battle by a goat.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

STiL. posted:

While there's a scholarly debate to be had on the precise nature of the waifu, it's pretty easy to contrast Honestly Looks Caucasian Anafenza and Sad Ghost Sparkle Sparkle Anafenza.

On one hand you have a tragic doe-eyed dead girl like your favourite animu, and the other has your mom yelling at you for crusting up the hand-towels when there's a kleenex box in every room you disgusting child.

Precisely. OG Annie was lucky enough to live into her ancient 20's. Ghost Annie was executed young and as long as the Kin-Trees survive, will manifest as a perpetually teenage-looking spirit girl who just wants to take care of everyone. (There is a straight up TV tropes article on this. :negative: )

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Sorin not remembering Ugin's bones but all the other Planeswalkers still knowing who Sarkhan even is bothers me far more than a poorly thought through story about trading cards should.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

I see Magic art has come full circle and gone back to way too close faces

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Angry Grimace posted:

I dig it. I wish they would make non-foil promos though :smith:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

vegetables posted:

Sorin not remembering Ugin's bones but all the other Planeswalkers still knowing who Sarkhan even is bothers me far more than a poorly thought through story about trading cards should.

I guess Nahiri is either evil or Sorin's jilted ex-girlfriend.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Angry Grimace posted:

How do you get that?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Angry Grimace posted:

Whoa. I need to do a WMCQ again for my waifu.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

Well...I guess I'll be playing Hatebears now....that is a beautiful illustration. I miss the extreme close-up magic art.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

She really needs to tie back that hair or something.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

What kind of -dere is Thalia?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

What kind of -dere is Thalia?

Shes the tsukkomi to your boke.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

The face of bae

Alaan
May 24, 2005

SCG invitational starting in about 15. Although starting on legacy for the first four rounds so I doubt we'll see much dragons there.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Alaan posted:

SCG invitational starting in about 15. Although starting on legacy for the first four rounds so I doubt we'll see much dragons there.

UHHH WORLDGORGER???????

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

UHHH WORLDGORGER???????

Is pretty much all around worse than standard reanimator :v:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Alaan posted:

Oh dammit I'll be in class for like 2 hours gently caress.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
The first four rounds are Standard, anyway.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Baka baka baka!!

Anafenza is not waifu-tier. She's onee-san at best.

The only true MtG waifu is:

:stwoon: エリシュ・ノーン :stwoon:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Angry Grimace posted:

Considering that you can't see her face at all on the regular art, my guess is that they just wanted to make up for it :v: That's dope though, I would love to see one in person.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Aren't Elesh Norn's headblades on sideways?

Why am I bothering to point that out, that's not the most wrong thing about that image!

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Attorney at Funk posted:

The first four rounds are Standard, anyway.

I swear they said legacy first earlier! Oh well.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I hope you guys weren't serious in asking why we're calling Annie-2 "Ghost waifu."

Its because they took a hardened badass on an Ibex-chariot and turned her into a sparklie doe-eyed sad face ghost girl.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Baka baka baka!!

Anafenza is not waifu-tier. She's onee-san at best.

The only true MtG waifu is:

:stwoon: エリシュ・ノーン :stwoon:

so ~yandere~

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Some developer notes. Random thoughts: surprised commands weren't in the set from the start, also apparently Sarkhan was originally Jund.

Fluff stuff. Apparently Sorin did something to Nahiri.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Elyv posted:

Some developer notes. Random thoughts: surprised commands weren't in the set from the start, also apparently Sarkhan was originally Jund.

She's gonna turn out to be a vampire, isn't she

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
They built up Nahiri as a super badass with the Ob-Nix story back in M15 so if they do something stupid with her I'm gonna be disappointed.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Elyv posted:

As I said earlier, she's either evil or his ex-girlfriend or something. Or she's a Phyrexian or something. In any case, I didn't expect she would return as mono-white anyways, since that's a color combo that's already being held by multiple other characters.

Cernunnos posted:

They built up Nahiri as a super badass with the Ob-Nix story back in M15 so if they do something stupid with her I'm gonna be disappointed.

The Mending occurred as some point in between though. I like how Ugin doesn't mention "man my powers seem shittier than they did before."

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Angry Grimace posted:

As I said earlier, she's either evil or his ex-girlfriend or something. Or she's a Phyrexian or something.
Phyrexian ex-girlfriend. A phyr-ex, if you will.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I like the idea of Nahiri, Eldrazi Thrall. She was the one stuck on Zendikar with them for generations, after all.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cernunnos posted:

Maybe they dated for a bit and she made fun of his record collection or something.

(They're going to do something stupid with her, they can't help themselves)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

If she can't cheat a Batterskull into play I'm gonna be disappointed

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

Maybe they dated for a bit and she made fun of his record collection or something.

(They're going to do something stupid with her, they can't help themselves)

He turned her into a vampire and then she became a goth after they had a very dramatic break-up. Her new card is her standing around smoking cigarettes and drinking blood coffee.

Nahiri, Non-Conformist
3BW

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Well, Shaheen Soorani just gave an Utter End Rebound with Narset. :allears:

E: He just gave Dig through Time Rebound. :laffo:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 27, 2015

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Kyrosiris posted:

Well, Shaheen Soorani just gave an Utter End Rebound with Narset. :allears:

She's impressing in her first showing at a major event.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Surprise, suprise, Narset + Anticipate is pretty good

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Swagger Dagger posted:

Surprise, suprise, Anticipate is pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I think Narset drew like 10 cards that game?

Also props to Esper control for winning a game in under 8 minutes.

• Locked thread