Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Speaking of Tomorrowland do they sell the pin from the movie in stores at the park yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Skeezy posted:

Speaking of Tomorrowland do they sell the pin from the movie in stores at the park yet?

Funko (makers of popular vinyl figures) are actually making a pin that I assume will be sold in the parks, but it's not going to be part of the Disney Pin Trading collection for some weird reason.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

In a weird way that makes me feel like it's a cheaper type of pin or something. But really the crime there is that it's not part of trade rotation.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Funko (makers of popular vinyl figures) are actually making a pin that I assume will be sold in the parks, but it's not going to be part of the Disney Pin Trading collection for some weird reason.

aannnddd i just preordered a pair

If Tomorrowland turns out to be a bad movie, i am going to be SO disappointed

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

The other day, I got to tour the changes at the Polynesian at a Cast Member preview, and I wish I was rich to get in on those Bungalows because, holy christ, they are wonderful. Spacious, comfortable and all of them have PRIME fireworks viewing from the back deck (which even has it's own mini-pool to sit in and soak while you watch Wishes. Goddamn)

This tour also included the chance to briefly go inside Trader Sam's Grog Grotto and see some of the effects they have going on, and folks, I am excited to get drunk in this place. I don't like getting drunk often, but by god, I will get drunk here (and lose a paycheck or two in the process.) The Uh-Oa has the coolest goddamn effect (which is different from the effect it has in Disneyland)

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I've been looking at photos of the bungalows and they look amazing but at $2k+ per night I doubt I'll ever get to stay in one. :(

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

This tour also included the chance to briefly go inside Trader Sam's Grog Grotto and see some of the effects they have going on, and folks, I am excited to get drunk in this place. I don't like getting drunk often, but by god, I will get drunk here (and lose a paycheck or two in the process.) The Uh-Oa has the coolest goddamn effect (which is different from the effect it has in Disneyland)

God, getting drunk and chanting Uh-Oa louder and louder is the best part of going to Disneyland

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

If anyone is looking for BOG dinner reservations April and June, a bunch just opened up. Better run.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Braksgirl posted:

If anyone is looking for BOG dinner reservations April and June, a bunch just opened up. Better run.

I could kiss you right now... in a non-weird way.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Braksgirl posted:

I've been looking at photos of the bungalows and they look amazing but at $2k+ per night I doubt I'll ever get to stay in one. :(

A lot of Disney stuff fits into this category for me. Particularly now that I'm adult and probably won't be visiting under my parents' succor again. I absolutely loved the savannah view animal kingdom lodge room we got comped that one time, it was my favorite hotel room I've ever stayed in. But regardless of that I just can't conceive of spending 400 bucks a night or whatever the hell they charge for a stinking hotel room. It has nothing to do with thriftiness I just flat out couldn't afford it.

If only I had unlimited money~.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
We were going to stay in the Savannah view room on our honeymoon (before we moved here), and got a great deal at $200 the first two nights, but then Christmas rates kicked in and it jumped to $650 a night the rest of our week. Couldn't justify it since we had just come from a Disney cruise the first week. The cruise was fantastic, by the way, definitely recommend doing one if you like Disney. It was surprisingly adult friendly too, a good half of the boat was 18 and up.

Now that my wife is a cast member, we're thinking of doing the Animal Kingdom Wild Africa Trek tour. Has anyone here done it?

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 27, 2015

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Just got the 2015 DVC points charts last week. We have enough points that we could spend a week at Grand Floridian/Animal Kingdom/Bay Lake, or 1 night in a bungalow at Polynesian. The cost for those bungalows are insane.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Bottom Liner posted:

Now that my wife is a cast member, we're thinking of doing the Animal Kingdom Wild Africa Trek tour. Has anyone here done it?

No, but I want to give mine the trek as a birthday gift upcoming June so if anyone has done it please chime in.

Mykkel, since you are a DVC member go ahead and ask how much one of those bungalows cost. Be sure to have a seat before they tell you though.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I mentioned it as a joke to my dad that he should ditch the Bay Lake Tower for the Bungalows. He went ahead and called, for the dates in December we're staying it's $2700 a night.

Yeah that's not happening. I won't say never ever happening but not this time.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

demonR6 posted:

I could kiss you right now... in a non-weird way.

Ha! Tease!

For the record, a LOT of reservations just opened up so if any of you wanted a reservation somewhere and couldn't get it, you might want to go back in and check. Cinderella's Royal Table is one that has open spots today for sure.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Skeezy posted:

I mentioned it as a joke to my dad that he should ditch the Bay Lake Tower for the Bungalows. He went ahead and called, for the dates in December we're staying it's $2700 a night.

Yeah that's not happening. I won't say never ever happening but not this time.
How many people does this sleep?

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Braksgirl posted:

Ha! Tease!

For the record, a LOT of reservations just opened up so if any of you wanted a reservation somewhere and couldn't get it, you might want to go back in and check. Cinderella's Royal Table is one that has open spots today for sure.

Thanks for this, looks like we will be doing quick serve lunch and actual dinner at BOG on the 15th thanks to this thread!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tunga posted:

How many people does this sleep?

For $2700 a night? A minor league hockey team traveling. All of them.

Edit: changed my mind.. both teams.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 28, 2015

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

quote:

they will be 2 bedrooms and sleep 8.

from http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/the-resort/dvc/item/194-dvc-news-and-information

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I was kind of sitting on this information because I didn't want to get anyone in trouble, but Disney Parks Blog went a head and beat me to the punch. Trader Sam's is going to officially open at the end of April, BUT Soft opens are going to start tomorrow.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
So I'm going monday haha. I'll report back then.

My tour got evaced off of Winnie the Pooh today. I blame the Merge cm.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Cais posted:

So I'm going monday haha. I'll report back then.

My tour got evaced off of Winnie the Pooh today. I blame the Merge cm.

As does the rest of the cast of Winnie the Pooh, I assure you. (it's become a running gag that I break the ride even when I am not at dispatch)

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

As does the rest of the cast of Winnie the Pooh, I assure you. (it's become a running gag that I break the ride even when I am not at dispatch)

Can I blame you for the wait lines at most rides?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

demonR6 posted:

Can I blame you for the wait lines at most rides?

Just Winnie the Pooh and Tea Cups. Maybe Belle, but I hardly ever work there. Blame me for Mine Train if you wish, I'll just cackle maniacally.

Edit: Applied for a full time job at the mouse. Guess I got bit by the bug.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

I was kind of sitting on this information because I didn't want to get anyone in trouble, but Disney Parks Blog went a head and beat me to the punch. Trader Sam's is going to officially open at the end of April, BUT Soft opens are going to start tomorrow.

Is there any way to get a reservation for mid april, or is it all gonna be first come first serve?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Old Man Pants posted:

Is there any way to get a reservation for mid april, or is it all gonna be first come first serve?

They won't take reservations. It's really just a bar, not a restaurant like at Disneyland.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Yeah, no ADRs of any kind. it's SMALL. It can hold like 50 people in the inside portion. (ALTHOUGH, the outdoor patio which will have the same drink and food menu but no imagineered effects, will seat significantly more. And I think it'll have fireworks viewing too. Nifty) so you'll want to check in earlier than you want to be seated to get drinks for sure.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Applied for a full time job at the mouse. Guess I got bit by the bug.

Careful man you going way too deep way too quickly. PULL UP or you may never inhabit the real world ever again.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
When I'm booking Fast Pass + on the website, I can't figure out how to book Fast Passes for two different parks on the same day, even when staying under the 3-per-day limit. I have 2 FPs reserved at Epcot, for instance, and I want to add one that same day at DHS...is that possible?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lincoln posted:

When I'm booking Fast Pass + on the website, I can't figure out how to book Fast Passes for two different parks on the same day, even when staying under the 3-per-day limit. I have 2 FPs reserved at Epcot, for instance, and I want to add one that same day at DHS...is that possible?
As far as I remember, you can't do this. You have to book three in the same park and then use them* before you can book additional FPs elsewhere.

(* You may not need to use them all but I know we got into a situation where a member of our party was ill and we missed our morning FPs and then couldn't book any at another park in the afternoon. A CM fixed it for us though.)

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Edit: Applied for a full time job at the mouse. Guess I got bit by the bug.

Let me know if you need help with the apartment hunting and need a lift to check the places out. I can take you on a weekend when I am off work and would be happy to help.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'll probably be going to the parks before the big trip in December but I hope I get to meet you TBBS and say hi.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I'm receiving a lot of conflicting advice re: parking at the parks before checking in to a hotel. I want to be at animal kingdom at 8am on my first park day but I'd like to avoid driving all the way to bay lake tower to check in and activate my parking. I've got a room only reservation so my tickets will be active.

I've heard three answers :
1) I can park for free as they'll see I have a room
2) I will pay but get reimbursed at the hotel
3) I have to pay and won't get reimbursed anything

Some people say it'll work if I do online check in (I have). Any direct confirmation from goons?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Nathilus posted:

Careful man you going way too deep way too quickly. PULL UP or you may never inhabit the real world ever again.

Does the real world have citrus swirl or Trader Sam's? No? DIVE DIVE DIVE

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Speaking of food, the macadamia nut rum + dole whip at the Flower & Garden festival is the best sweet I've had at Disney yet. That rum is amazing.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Richard M Nixon posted:

I'm receiving a lot of conflicting advice re: parking at the parks before checking in to a hotel. I want to be at animal kingdom at 8am on my first park day but I'd like to avoid driving all the way to bay lake tower to check in and activate my parking. I've got a room only reservation so my tickets will be active.

Some people say it'll work if I do online check in (I have). Any direct confirmation from goons?

Call Disney information... they get paid to know those answers.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Where exactly in the hotel is Trader Sam's? We check into the Poly on the 12th.

⬇ ⬇ ⬇ There was an arcade?

Lincoln fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 28, 2015

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
It's in the main building on the left hand side next to captain cooks. Where the arcade used to be.

There's signage up now that shows where it is.

One of my friends is currently inside.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Richard M Nixon posted:

I would expect to pay and get reimbursed, but I don't know for certain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Does the real world have citrus swirl or Trader Sam's? No? DIVE DIVE DIVE

"Knew this was a one-way ticket, but you know I had to come. Love you, w...i...f...e...."

Seriously though I'm a little jealous, to be honest. I did the CP my second year of college and didn't wanna leave, but I liked my school (UT San Antonio) and felt that if I moved to Florida and went to school near Orlando that I'd get a degree at a lesser school and would be somewhat letting myself and my parents and older relatives down. When I went back to Texas though everyone was like, "dang, we know how much you enjoyed that job, we never expected to see you in this state again." WHAT?!?! You mean I could have gotten away with staying there??! FUUUUUCK! Hindsight is 20/20 though and no one is completely in control of what happens with their own life. Or at least that's what I tell myself to stop from breaking down weeping every time I go to bed. ;)

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 29, 2015