Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Do they still reserve a deleted characters name for you for 24 hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Yup.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like you.
Next time we meet, I'm mailing you all my common dyes.

plaguebourne
Feb 3, 2015

So, Goon guild is still active in GW2?

I was curious, as it's the only game I play nearly as much as EVE (I'm in GoonWaffe) and it'd be cool to play with Goons in GW2 as well.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

plaguebourne posted:

I was curious, as it's the only game I play nearly as much as EVE (I'm in GoonWaffe) and it'd be cool to play with Goons in GW2 as well.

Nope dead game dead op, don't read a thing

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

plaguebourne posted:

Pick one or both from the dead op

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

Nope dead game dead op, don't read a thing

Ate too much butter, poor op's heart couldn't take it rip

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Its as dead as snaff.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

More than three and a half million posts in this thread in less than 18 months.

dead as mutton, son.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
An expansions worth of posts.

Press F to Post in Thread

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.

plaguebourne posted:

Spy. A clueless spy. Don't let him in.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Holy poo poo. This is definitely a top 5 MLG pro finisher.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

dead as mutton, son.

Game is dead until 4 million at least. Admitting denial is the first step.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

dead as mutton, son.

That's the views column but yes dead as scarlet

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Come guys cut him some slack. You only have so much time between "ops" in EVE to read threads.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Come guys cut him some slack. You only have so much time between "ops" in EVE to read threads.

He's a spy there as well. We have to out him to save our Bee like brothers.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's the views column but yes dead as scarlet

whoops sorry i am a bird reading is difficult for me at times :goshawk:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

but still DEAD AS MUTTON

as the cascade of posts after his question clearly indicate

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

really, the best way to play gw2 is just to post

Roc
Nov 8, 2010
New wubvwubvwub map

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.

CLAM DOWN posted:

really, the best way to play gw2 is just to post

Or roll over the keyboard and still come out with something coherent. It's a talent that Arus is blessed with. It's the only way he can type.

plaguebourne
Feb 3, 2015

fromoutofnowhere posted:

Spy. A clueless spy. Don't let him in.

Clearly a spy.

Asking for details of GW2 Goons over the last week or so has not proven fruitful. Only two guys I know playing right now are one that hadn't touched the game since basically launch and another who I gave a code to because he was interested in trying it.

Then again, I'm asking in EVE comms, so who the gently caress knows.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

All the people who play GW2 are you know. Playing GW2. Rather than EVE. Because GW2 is what we play you see.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

fromoutofnowhere posted:

Or roll over the keyboard and still come out with something coherent. It's a talent that Arus is blessed with. It's the only way he can type.

Once again proving my theory that people post the same way they play.

plaguebourne
Feb 3, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

All the people who play GW2 are you know. Playing GW2. Rather than EVE. Because GW2 is what we play you see.

Hence the reason I'm posting here looking for info.

I'm an EVE goon, looking to branch out, as I also play quite a bit of GW2.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

plaguebourne posted:

That answer is in the OP. How to join, everything.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

plaguebourne posted:

jesus christ read the loving op

e: i'm so mad

plaguebourne
Feb 3, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

jesus christ read the loving op

e: i'm so mad

Jesus Christ, just did.

Don't be mad. :(

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Tivac tell us how many slots we get with hot and then put them on sale please.

Also release hot already geez.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

plaguebourne posted:

hello fellow noob (that's a novice player in internet lingo, LOL (laugh out loud))! as a kindred spirit just trying to get into the immersive world of norrath albion hero city tyria, I feel like i can offer some advice on how to join the guild you'd like! which goon guild you choose is up to you, but the steps are the same!

step 1: download and install the gw2 client! this is a big one, and it took me like 5 years to figure out.
step 2: weigh the pros and cons of the two goon guilds! goon is easy to remember, but starfleet dental may pay for your character to have nice teeth, or something. i'm really not too sure.
step 3: go into the gw2 client (good thing you installed it earlier)! at the top of your screen, there will be a series of white icons. one of these will be for 'guild'! this is the one you want to click on using your LMB (left mouse button). if you cannot read, i don't think what I say here matters, but i think the icon is a bear or a lion or a castle or a compass or something. i have trouble with shapes.
step 4: search for the guild you want to join! after you have found it, message the guild leader and tell them you would like to join their guild! they will generally not know who you are or care, so see step 5.
step 5: tell the leader of the guild you want to join you found them via the Something Awful forums Guild Wars 2 thread (this selfsame thread, coincidentally oft frequented by players of the game Guild Wars 2: Guild Harder)
step 6: they will generally accept you into the guild at this point, but sometimes they won't! i recommend asking nicer, or something.
step 7: now you're in a guild! congratulations, and enjoy the immersive world! i think you have to run around the map a lot, to win the game, but i usually get distracted by fighting flags on sticks.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

plaguebourne posted:

Jesus Christ, just did.

Don't be mad. :(

It's okay buddy. :glomp: we just get the HELLO I HAVENT PLAYED SINCE LAUNCH ARE THE GOON GUILDS STILL ACTIVE ARE ENGINEERS STILL UNDERPOWERED PLEASE SUMMARIZE ALL CHANGES AND ALSO WHEN IS THE EXPANSION posts like every ten pages and we were all very triggered.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

hello fellow noob (that's a novice player in internet lingo, LOL (laugh out loud))! as a kindred spirit just trying to get into the immersive world of norrath albion hero city tyria, I feel like i can offer some advice on how to join the guild you'd like! which goon guild you choose is up to you, but the steps are the same!

step 1: download and install the gw2 client! this is a big one, and it took me like 5 years to figure out.
step 2: weigh the pros and cons of the two goon guilds! goon is easy to remember, but starfleet dental may pay for your character to have nice teeth, or something. i'm really not too sure.
step 3: go into the gw2 client (good thing you installed it earlier)! at the top of your screen, there will be a series of white icons. one of these will be for 'guild'! this is the one you want to click on using your LMB (left mouse button). if you cannot read, i don't think what I say here matters, but i think the icon is a bear or a lion or a castle or a compass or something. i have trouble with shapes.
step 4: search for the guild you want to join! after you have found it, message the guild leader and tell them you would like to join their guild! they will generally not know who you are or care, so see step 5.
step 5: tell the leader of the guild you want to join you found them via the Something Awful forums Guild Wars 2 thread (this selfsame thread, coincidentally oft frequented by players of the game Guild Wars 2: Guild Harder)
step 6: they will generally accept you into the guild at this point, but sometimes they won't! i recommend asking nicer, or something.
step 7: now you're in a guild! congratulations, and enjoy the immersive world! i think you have to run around the map a lot, to win the game, but i usually get distracted by fighting flags on sticks.

add to OP please

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
WHEN IS THE EXPANSION I NEED TO KNOW

:ohdear:

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

add to OP please

why, no one reads it

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

... but starfleet dental may pay for your character to have nice teeth, or something. i'm really not too sure...

I actually convinced an RL friend of mine that they were adding Ascended foods to the expansion but, to eat them, you would need to construct a set of Dentures of Balthazaar for your character. He was repeating it a week later, even, when I finally took pity and corrected him.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

add to OP please

Not that anyone reads it apparently but I put it in the faq post with some slight critical modifications, apologies to forums poster REAL MUSCLE MILK

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Excuse me but i missed out on the last two weeks of guild wards can someone bring me up to speed

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tonetta posted:

Excuse me but i missed out on the last two weeks of guild wards can someone bring me up to speed

Koss is back I am actually not trolling you

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

You shouldn't've struck out steps 4 through 6 imo, it'll be like one of those reading comprehension tests where you read through the whole thing and at the bottom it says ONLY FOLLOW STEPS 1 THROUGH 3 and everybody follows all the steps anyway and we get to make fun of them for weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plaguebourne
Feb 3, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It's okay buddy. :glomp: we just get the HELLO I HAVENT PLAYED SINCE LAUNCH ARE THE GOON GUILDS STILL ACTIVE ARE ENGINEERS STILL UNDERPOWERED PLEASE SUMMARIZE ALL CHANGES AND ALSO WHEN IS THE EXPANSION posts like every ten pages and we were all very triggered.

Hah, totally understand.

I've been playing straight through pretty much since launch, and am pretty well familiar with the changes made. It's nothing like that. It's really more that I'm not acquainted with any of the GW2 folks. Sorry if I came off like a retard.

• Locked thread