Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

StrifeHira posted:

Speaking of,

Grunkle Piccolo is still one of my favorite movie tidbits. :3:

This is the best post in the entire thread, and possibly the best post ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

dogs named Charlie posted:

He really delivered on the concept of fusion and exceeded anyone's imagining of how badass it would be if Goku and Vegeta shared a body. I remember being all "goddammit all fusion really does is make you a cocky prick." Right before Buu lost a fight to a loving malted milk ball.

That's really the best part about Vegetto, since we only got a smidge of Gogeta, in that underneath all that boasting and loving around he's actually formulating an amazing plan. Really, it's all the crazy finesse stuff that Vegetto knows how to do that makes him so cool. Buu shoves himself down your throat? No biggie, I can use my ki to isolate the problem and damage him. Turned into candy? Can still kick your rear end. Buu made up of a crazy assortment of entities and powers? Vegetto will figure out a way to bust them out.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Shinjobi posted:

That's really the best part about Vegetto, since we only got a smidge of Gogeta, in that underneath all that boasting and loving around he's actually formulating an amazing plan. Really, it's all the crazy finesse stuff that Vegetto knows how to do that makes him so cool. Buu shoves himself down your throat? No biggie, I can use my ki to isolate the problem and damage him. Turned into candy? Can still kick your rear end. Buu made up of a crazy assortment of entities and powers? Vegetto will figure out a way to bust them out.

Yeah, in Vegetto's case, he clearly had a plan and didn't want to just kill Buu, because the fact was he could have ended Buu as fast as Gogeta ended Janemba. But he wanted to save his children and Piccolo and I guess not have to revive them with the Dragon Balls. No one wants to kill their sons after all. Even ending an evil like Buu

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Sorry but skinned Dende/Baby-eater Piccolo boa is still creeping me out so I had to edit it:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the absurd face on the hoodie is what makes it funny

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The third DLC for Xenoverse is adding Piss-stained Frieza, Jaco and Gohan's tracksuit from the new film as DLC, and I believe it also adds the full visor scouter that Tagoma wears.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zzulu posted:

the absurd face on the hoodie is what makes it funny
yeah that's the entire joke. it's why piccolo looks freaked out.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Aurain posted:

The third DLC for Xenoverse is adding Piss-stained Frieza, Jaco and Gohan's tracksuit from the new film as DLC, and I believe it also adds the full visor scouter that Tagoma wears.

Also Jaco is a trainer

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Can't wait to learn how to get a girlfriend.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Onmi posted:

Also Jaco is a trainer

Don't know why I didn't save five dollars in the first place, I'm clearly going to buy all three now.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Onmi posted:

Also Jaco is a trainer

This is the best news. :allears:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

DLC 4:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

doot doot doot

another one bites the dust

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Kind of out there but why does Dragon ball: Path to Power even exist? I guess they made it as some anniversary special but it changed so much around for no reason. Did people (In Japan) generally hate it?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Kind of out there but why does Dragon ball: Path to Power even exist? I guess they made it as some anniversary special but it changed so much around for no reason. Did people (In Japan) generally hate it?

because:

Caros
May 14, 2008

Onmi posted:

Yeah, in Vegetto's case, he clearly had a plan and didn't want to just kill Buu, because the fact was he could have ended Buu as fast as Gogeta ended Janemba. But he wanted to save his children and Piccolo and I guess not have to revive them with the Dragon Balls. No one wants to kill their sons after all. Even ending an evil like Buu

It is also worth noting that he might not know whether or not the dragonballs could properly revive them as they would have been 'part' of Buu when they died.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
In watching the World Martial Arts Tournament (both the 21st and 22nd) episodes of Dragon Ball, they need a referee who isn't the announcer since he gets so distracted by the fights and making commentary, he seems to keep forgetting to start the countdown to 10 or does something else the screw up the count.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

mateo360 posted:

In watching the World Martial Arts Tournament (both the 21st and 22nd) episodes of Dragon Ball, they need a referee who isn't the announcer since he gets so distracted by the fights and making commentary, he seems to keep forgetting to start the countdown to 10 or does something else the screw up the count.

But he's just so charming. It was really awesome seeing him again in the Buu saga.

KoB
May 1, 2009

TriffTshngo posted:

But he's just so charming. It was really awesome seeing him again in the Buu saga.

This was the best part of the Buu saga. When he gets all stoked that Goku finally came back :allears:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like how the Announcer was one of the only characters not directly connected to the Z-Fighters to never buy into Hercule's "smoke and mirrors" explanations for their powers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raxivace posted:

I like how the Announcer was one of the only characters not directly connected to the Z-Fighters to never buy into Hercule's "smoke and mirrors" explanations for their powers.
He saw a kid turn into a giant gorilla until his opponent blew up the moon as a counter. Kinda hard to go back from that.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Endorph posted:

He saw a kid turn into a giant gorilla until his opponent blew up the moon as a counter. Kinda hard to go back from that.

It can happen, man. Yamcha completely forgot how to be cool for the entire rest of the franchise after he first laid his eyes on Bulma.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair blowing up the moon isn't very impressive. I think it got blown up and fix like three different times.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair blowing up the moon isn't very impressive. I think it got blown up and fix like three different times.

look man. I'm sure loving lights aren't impressive nowadays but back then electricity blew people's minds.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Endorph posted:

and a 8ft Bug man make blue midgets of himself that got killed by a flying yellowed haired kid.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
If Gohan hasn't been training how is he still ripped to poo poo?

Also, Gotenks exploded Buu, him and Piccolo burned all of the remnants and Buu still reformed. So even if they didn't manage to kill him, they learned more about how he works and what's not gonna fly when trying to destroy him. So everyone better stop calling Gotenks useless now or risk looking the FOOL.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

sharktamer posted:

Also, Gotenks exploded Buu, him and Piccolo burned all of the remnants and Buu still reformed. So even if they didn't manage to kill him, they learned more about how he works and what's not gonna fly when trying to destroy him. So everyone better stop calling Gotenks useless now or risk looking the FOOL.

Yeah, considering what they did to try to "check for a pulse", Gotenks should really have won.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

sharktamer posted:

Gohan probably trains/works out. But he isn't out there training in 300x earth gravity every single day like Vegeta probably does.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Does Toriyama actually know how to draw human males who aren't super buff?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

hey

he can also draw fat ones

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

Yes? Outside of a few characters and Roshi hulking out the characters weren't really buff until Frieza saga and beyond.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

Yes.

Oolong.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

Yes.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ox King has been working out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its weird that all the adult women are basically the same exact height

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That chart is making me think Hercule was supposed to be Chappa from the tournaments were Goku was participating, but Toriyama forgot he existed and invented a new character to fill his role.

Satan is a much more memorable name though, so I'm not gonna call him out on it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Why is Pilaf little green?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Four months of training

Raxivace posted:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Raxivace posted:

It can happen, man. Yamcha completely forgot how to be cool for the entire rest of the franchise after he first laid his eyes on Bulma.

Forgot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Raxivace posted:

Was that his art when he couldn't remember what color 18's hair was and had to be reminded?

• Locked thread