Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I thought there were only five. are you counting Shogun Assassin as separate or am I just forgetting one?

Theres 6, I would never consider Shogun Assassin one of them man, although its interesting in its own light.

At least the set I have is 6 movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

consider moving.

I would love to. I like my little apartment though, and I like my room. It's got all my stuff in it. it's a cozy little hellhole of nerd poo poo.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Best Lone Wolf and Cub is Baby Cart in the Land of Demons, where Ogami Itto has to defeat five samurai, receiving a part of the message of his killing assignment from each of them.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Literally The Worst posted:

G Gundam
Gurren Lagann
Watch G Gundam again
That GARO anime is aight

Akira, motherfucker.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
My favorite thing about it is how he is always killing more and more people as the book goes on but you see less and less of it. I swear theres an issue near the end where he kills like 100 dudes entirely off panel, at that point in the book its not like it matters anyways and we've seen him kill so many dudes. I just like that they dont even bother with the formalities of it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Akira, motherfucker.

More like shitkira

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Theres 6, I would never consider Shogun Assassin one of them man, although its interesting in its own light.

At least the set I have is 6 movies.

yeah looking back you're right. The second one is the only one i haven't seen in it's entirety, but i've seen the parts from Shogun Assassin.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Best Lone Wolf and Cub is Baby Cart in the Land of Demons, where Ogami Itto has to defeat five samurai, receiving a part of the message of his killing assignment from each of them.

that one's really good, but reviewing the plot synopses my favorite was Baby Cart to Hades, which is a really neat slow burn samurai story that leads up to an absolutely insane battle scene at the end.

it also has this rack focus shot, which i love:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I wanna kill samurai w/ that baby

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Whichever rear end in a top hat in the building across the parking lot has a dog who's been howling all day so loudly I can hear him in my apartment should be shot.

Maybe he's been playing the blues all day and the dog is singing along.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kramjacks posted:

Maybe he's been playing the blues all day and the dog is singing along.

Nope, dog's just howling.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

More like shitkira

A very poor assessment

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
More like Bartkira

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

cheerfullydrab posted:

Does anyone live in Baltimore? I'm trying to find the best movie theaters to go in the area.

Used to live there. The Landmark Theatres in Harbor East (President and Aliceanna Streets, I believe) is your best bet for first-run stuff, and the Charles Theatre (Charles Street between Lafayette and Lanvale, like two blocks north of Penn Station) is an amazing spot for independent and foreign films.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

I would love to. I like my little apartment though, and I like my room. It's got all my stuff in it. it's a cozy little hellhole of nerd poo poo.

General Chat: A Cozy Little Hellhole of Nerd poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk9aThIovMA

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FishBulb posted:

More like Bartkira

Wasn't there some nastiness with that over the dude loving with something a contributor submitted?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I have no idea I don't know anything about it other than the concept

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Saw It Follows. It was all right. Will have more on it tomorrow after I've re-watched Teeth.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I never really cared for Teeth. I always felt the movie was far less interesting than it's basic concept.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
So Spain decided to just go back to facism, since that workrd so good for them back then...

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

axleblaze posted:

I never really cared for Teeth. I always felt the movie was far less interesting than it's basic concept.

i've never seen it but i recently read this awesome, awesome book on counterculture horror that made me really want to.

i wish McFarland books weren't so drat expensive but then if they weren't we probably wouldn't get so many on such dope topics so i guess it's a tradeoff.

edit: yo penismightier, is this one made for you or what

Uncle Boogeyman fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 27, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Honest Thief posted:

So Spain decided to just go back to facism, since that workrd so good for them back then...

This kinda thing is why I don't really understand people who think things are automatically going to get better over time. Social mores can go either way at any point. For example, America's become increasingly conservative since the Reagan years in pretty much every area except being ok with people loving whoever they want and minorities holding jobs.

Everyone's always saying "Oh, just wait until the old guard dies" but there's always a Rand Paul in the new guard.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What did spain do

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

This kinda thing is why I don't really understand people who think things are automatically going to get better over time. Social mores can go either way at any point. For example, America's become increasingly conservative since the Reagan years in pretty much every area except being ok with people loving whoever they want and minorities holding jobs.

it's best not to think of these things as a line or a curve but as a pendulum. as things like terrorism, food/water scarcity, and an influx of immigrants/refugees continue to become bigger and bigger problems, expect the US to get way the hell more conservative.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zVxTeflon posted:

What did spain do

They outlawed protesting in front of government buildings, or taking photos of cops.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

it's best not to think of these things as a line or a curve but as a pendulum. as things like terrorism, food/water scarcity, and an influx of immigrants/refugees continue to become bigger and bigger problems, expect the US to get way the hell more conservative.

Christ, I mean, we've got that loving lawyer in California trying to pass a law legalizing the murder of homosexuals, and Indiana passing a law allowing businesses to discriminate against homosexual customers, like what the gently caress, gently caress off.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Canada has more water than any other country and we neither leverage it to dominate other economies or use it to make our standard of living better and it drives me insane. We just let the goddamn Yanks take it!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Christ, I mean, we've got that loving lawyer in California trying to pass a law legalizing the murder of homosexuals

to be fair i think this one mostly just calls attention to the fact that you can put literally anything on a ballot measure in California than speaking to a growing trend of conservativism.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Bibleman came up in Christian movie thread, so I thought I'd check out the first episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kNCIYVO2N4

You gotta love the line, "God's probably sitting up there and saying, "Nice lame-o show, kids.""

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Canada has more water than any other country and we neither leverage it to dominate other economies or use it to make our standard of living better and it drives me insane. We just let the goddamn Yanks take it!

i mean it won't be too long til there's none left for anybody so that'll even the playing field a bit

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

to be fair i think this one mostly just calls attention to the fact that you can put literally anything on a ballot measure in California than speaking to a growing trend of conservativism.

Yeah, the initiative system in California is seriously hosed up. I'd probably feel different if I wasn't a straight white male, but the "murder all gays" initiative is just so patently ridiculous it seems like a poorly phrased joke.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, the initiative system in California is seriously hosed up. I'd probably feel different if I wasn't a straight white male, but the "murder all gays" initiative is just so patently ridiculous it seems like a poorly phrased joke.

i'm fuzzy on California politics but i feel like this is the same poo poo that allowed Jello Biafra to run for mayor of San Francisco with initiatives including legalized squatting and requiring businessmen to wear clown suits during work hours so again it swings both ways

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i'm fuzzy on California politics but i feel like this is the same poo poo that allowed Jello Biafra to run for mayor of San Francisco with initiatives including legalized squatting and requiring businessmen to wear clown suits during work hours so again it swings both ways

The signature threshold for an initiative to appear on the ballot is super low considering California is the nation's most populace state, and there's basically no restrictions on what an initiative can cover. You can rewrite the state constitution with a simple majority vote in a non presidential election year, so literally less than a quarter of the state would have voted in favor of it.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

California seems like America's playground. i need to visit there one of these days. may or may not follow/lead to me getting a white guy top knot like Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Skwirl posted:

They outlawed protesting in front of government buildings, or taking photos of cops.

That seems dumb on both counts

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Christ, I mean, we've got that loving lawyer in California trying to pass a law legalizing the murder of homosexuals, and Indiana passing a law allowing businesses to discriminate against homosexual customers, like what the gently caress, gently caress off.

The "religious freedom" bill distresses me greatly. I'm heterosexual and Catholic. I feel that it's morally wrong for such negativity against people just because of their sexual orientation. It makes it awkward for me because most of my family is pretty conservative, but I find myself getting more liberal.

If anything, it's really stupid to admit to refusing business to someone over something specific about them rather than just bullshitting them about schedules being booked up. It's better to leave someone wondering if you're an idiot rather than confirming it yourself.

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 27, 2015

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

California seems like America's playground. i need to visit there one of these days. may or may not follow/lead to me getting a white guy top knot like Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler

I love California, but as someone who wasn't born here, there's a lot of wackadoo poo poo, and the politics are infuriating. Illinois is probably the only state with a more hosed up political system.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Do you like Sublime

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

Do you like Sublime

not my thing. big Sublime With Rome fan, though.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

not my thing. big Sublime With Rome fan, though.

I don't think you're allowed in, legally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Egbert Souse posted:

The "religious freedom" bill distresses me greatly. I'm heterosexual and Catholic. I feel that it's morally wrong for such negativity against people just because of their sexual orientation. It makes it awkward for me because most of my family is pretty conservative, but I find myself getting more liberal.

If anything, it's really stupid to admit to refusing business to someone over something specific about them rather than just bullshitting them about schedules being booked up. It's better to leave someone wondering if you're an idiot rather than confirming it yourself.

It's just one of those things where it's like, if you agree with this, you're wrong. You're wrong and you're on the wrong side of history. End of story.

• Locked thread