Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

qbert posted:

I think Narset drew like 10 cards that game?

IIRC, there were four hits on the +1, a free Utter End, a free Dig Through Time, and she drew an opponent's Wild Slash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Shaheen's decklist, FYI:

Creatures

2 Dragonlord Ojutai
2 Silumgar, the Drifting Death

Planeswalkers

3 Narset Transcendent

Lands (26)

4 Island
2 Swamp
1 Caves of Koilos
4 Polluted Delta
2 Radiant Fountain
4 Temple of Deceit
4 Temple of Enlightenment
4 Temple of Silence
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Spells (27)

3 Anticipate
4 Dig Through Time
4 Dissolve
4 Hero's Downfall
4 Silumgar's Scorn
3 Ultimate Price
2 Utter End
3 Crux of Fate

Sideboard

1 Pearl Lake Ancient
1 Stratus Dancer
4 Encase in Ice
1 Virulent Plague
2 Negate
1 Ojutai's Command
1 Dragonlord Silumgar
4 Drown in Sorrow

Kyrosiris posted:

IIRC, there were four hits on the +1, a free Utter End, a free Dig Through Time, and she drew an opponent's Wild Slash.

His opponent was literally doing nothing the entire time just to see his deck, though.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I do like that list a lot though. That's a nice list.

Now if it actually works in an actual match..

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
He posted the list on SCG a week or so ago, and apparently he shares my love of Scorn. Good man, Shaheen, good man.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Count Bleck posted:

I do like that list a lot though. That's a nice list.

Now if it actually works in an actual match..

He's 1-0 and up 1-0 in this match, which is hardly a significant sample size. He did play Narset that last game but he would have won if he had not cast her, too, so I wouldn't soil your trousers quite yet.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

He's 1-0 and up 1-0 in this match, which is hardly a significant sample size. He did play Narset that last game but he would have won if he had not cast her, too, so I wouldn't soil your trousers quite yet.

That's what I'm saying, the list is cool, but it basically goldfished. Maybe Jim will put up more of a fight this game.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

That's what I'm saying, the list is cool, but it basically goldfished. Maybe Jim will put up more of a fight this game.

Shaheen's landbase looks overly greedy though, I wouldn't be surprised if he drops a game or two from that.

Like that game, ouch.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 27, 2015

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

Shaheen's landbase looks overly greedy though, I wouldn't be surprised if he drops a game or two from that.

Like that game, ouch.

Yup.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
What stream is this on?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Terrible Horse posted:

What stream is this on?
http://twitch.tv/scglive/

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Angry Grimace posted:

I see Magic art has come full circle and gone back to way too close faces

I don't personally, specifically care for this art but I agree with everyone who's really glad to see something other than ARE HERO(ine) striking a pose against a dramatically tilted horizon line

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Looks like Shaheen is gonna pull it out, but I can't say I'm impressed by his deck at all outside of Dragonlord Ojutai doing work. He would have been bodied if Jim drew anything other than lands.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Time to get pumped for Jeskai Tokens. It won't be Michael Major's idea for creatureless tokens unfortunately, but still.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

InterrupterJones posted:

Time to get pumped for Jeskai Tokens. It won't be Michael Major's idea for creatureless tokens unfortunately, but still.

Bring on my boy, Monastery Mentos

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Elyv posted:

Some developer notes. Random thoughts: surprised commands weren't in the set from the start, also apparently Sarkhan was originally Jund.

I didn't know the M Files existed. It's actually the greatest thing Wizards has ever done, because of this in the FRF edition:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
now convinced BBD is a witch until proven otherwise

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Ojutai in tokens.............

:aaaaa:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

TheKingofSprings posted:

now convinced BBD is a witch until proven otherwise

One of my favorite players to watch.

InterrupterJones posted:

Ojutai in tokens.............

:aaaaa:

Using Jeskai Ascendancy to untap your Ojutai so it has hexproof. The synergy!!!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

qbert posted:

One of my favorite players to watch.

He's good but Disdainful into Disdainful into Negate is unreal

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TheKingofSprings posted:

He's good but Disdainful into Disdainful into Negate is unreal

Yeah. That was...I don't know how to describe it...unnecessarily on point? It is like he knew they guy's hand and top 5 of the deck, card for card.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I'm just happy we get to see some Legacy on stream again. I know it doesn't get as much eyeballs, but I think it sucks that SCG only streams Standard both days of an Open now.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Opened my fat pack for this set and it's almost alarming how worthless this set is.

I knew that going in of course, but I'd like to think the fat pack per set I buy is usually worth more than 5 bucks total (0 in reality).

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

What set is Reid Duke's Swamp from?

Edit: Figured it out. Ice Age.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Jeskai combo is so fun to watch go off. :neckbeard:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Reid Duke playing Torrent Elemental. Awesome.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Duress still the best, and Reid playing the Jesus version (aka the best of the best)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Deofuta posted:

He posted the list on SCG a week or so ago, and apparently he shares my love of Scorn. Good man, Shaheen, good man.

Woah man who would ever play such a bad card, even in week 1? :jerkbag:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Dragons on camera :getin:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

2 Thunderbreak Regents is the dream.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

qbert posted:

Haven of the Spirit Dragon doing work too.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
drat man, first Sultai Reanimator does work (and pretty much ignores the "reanimator" part of the name) then DRAGONS kicks rear end. This block sates the Timmy, Johnny, and Spike in me all at once.

e: Jeff Hoogland is Billy Quizboy?

Balon fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 27, 2015

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Angry Grimace posted:

Shaheen's decklist, FYI:

Creatures

2 Dragonlord Ojutai
2 Silumgar, the Drifting Death

Planeswalkers

3 Narset Transcendent

Lands (26)

4 Island
2 Swamp
1 Caves of Koilos
4 Polluted Delta
2 Radiant Fountain
4 Temple of Deceit
4 Temple of Enlightenment
4 Temple of Silence
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Spells (27)

3 Anticipate
4 Dig Through Time
4 Dissolve
4 Hero's Downfall
4 Silumgar's Scorn
3 Ultimate Price
2 Utter End
3 Crux of Fate

Sideboard

1 Pearl Lake Ancient
1 Stratus Dancer
4 Encase in Ice
1 Virulent Plague
2 Negate
1 Ojutai's Command
1 Dragonlord Silumgar
4 Drown in Sorrow

His opponent was literally doing nothing the entire time just to see his deck, though.

This list is great and Narset is great. Like I've been saying.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

mcmagic posted:

This list is great and Narset is great. Like I've been saying.

The problem is we didn't see the list do anything at all really. Narset basically did nothing the entire match since his opponent didn't put up any kind of meaningful resistance in either of the winning games and Shaheen got color screwed in the second game.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

qbert posted:

I accomplished this at prerelease with Flamerush Rider. It was gross.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Balon posted:

e: Jeff Hoogland is Billy Quizboy?

Oh my god, he is!

At the last open I attended he just blathered on and on about Modern as a format in that goofy voice but I couldn't stop listening. Now I know why, he reminded me of Venture Brothers.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
What stream are you guys watching?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

Opened my fat pack for this set and it's almost alarming how worthless this set is.

I knew that going in of course, but I'd like to think the fat pack per set I buy is usually worth more than 5 bucks total (0 in reality).

I'm glad competitive players think the set sucks because I don't have to drop $60+ for playsets of anything except planeswalkers.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I'm glad competitive players think the set sucks because I don't have to drop $60+ for playsets of anything except planeswalkers.

Set itself is apparently fine for limited (we'll find out starting tonight), but EV-wise, yikes. The three expensive cards are Sarkhan, Narset and Deathmist, none of which seem great. I think Sidisi is undervalued though.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Going solely on internet comments, every set is filled with terrible garbage and is finally going to kill Magic forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

Going solely on internet comments, every set is filled with terrible garbage and is finally going to kill Magic forever.

About time I say.

• Locked thread