Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Like Mario 3D World is one of the best Marios I've ever played so if they were to just give it the Mario Galaxy 2 treatment so they had something for this holiday I'd be immediately on board

Get Yoshi in there too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Anime Curator posted:

Posting from my phone. Whats the spoiler

That you need a different phone.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I thought they said they were going to make an Animal Crossing announcement before the end of this year? It's totally possible that that's our big Holiday/E3 boom.

They can still talk about Zelda at E3, I think they'd be allowed.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
GTA V: WiiU, WiiU, WiiU.

That's supposed to be a siren sound.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't have any footage at all of the new Zelda at E3, especially if it's coming out before next year's E3. I figure we'll probably see a bunch of Star Fox, Splatoon, and they'll probably announce something new there as well.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Anime Curator posted:

Posting from my phone. Whats the spoiler

Sonic Boom for the Wii U where 3 months after release they sent out a 1 gb update that fixed all the bugs.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't have any footage at all of the new Zelda at E3, especially if it's coming out before next year's E3. I figure we'll probably see a bunch of Star Fox, Splatoon, and they'll probably announce something new there as well.

They said on Twitter they won't be showing it at E3

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Maybe Gamecube for Virtual Console will be announced this E3 or year.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Bean posted:

I thought they said they were going to make an Animal Crossing announcement before the end of this year? It's totally possible that that's our big Holiday/E3 boom.

They can still talk about Zelda at E3, I think they'd be allowed.

I'd like to think that they're still going to show something from the game in their event, especially if it's their digital event were they can control everything that happens even if it's not gameplay.

For some reason it's always a toss up between whether or not an on-stage Zelda game demos well live. Sometimes it goes smoothly like the Twilight Princess showing, other times you get stuff like the Skyward Sword demo and the lesser known Wind Waker mess-up.

Hearing Trinen casually translate their train of thought as they realized the sword had fallen through the level geometry is both bizarre and endearing. Especially when Miyamoto tries picking up rocks and pots to try and see if maybe it's under them. Like when you lose your keys and you start looking under everything to find them.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Help Im Alive posted:

They said on Twitter they won't be showing it at E3

Kinda odd, but whatever. The game had better not be poo poo tho

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Welp with Zelda out until 2016 I guess the only game I am looking forward to now is Xenoblade X.

That and the brand new images of Bloodborne on the Wii-U.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Like Mario 3D World is one of the best Marios I've ever played so if they were to just give it the Mario Galaxy 2 treatment so they had something for this holiday I'd be immediately on board

Get Yoshi in there too

Captain Toad was their Galaxy 2.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The former Banjo kazooie devs are working on what amounts to is a third Banjo kazooie just not with the name and a ton of lookalikes. Think of it as the Xenosaga of Banjo games.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

What do they have as their big holiday game this year, then? Anything? I can't even remember.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

What do they have as their big holiday game this year, then? Anything? I can't even remember.

Xenoblade

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

are we actually getting it localized before the end of the year?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

In regards to unknown games it's a toss up at this point honestly. Sometimes we don't know anything going into E3 and say "They definitely GOTTA have something cool for Christmas" and then Wii Music happens, but other times we get Donkey Kong returning the gently caress outta nowhere.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I thought that was coming out in June/July??

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Paper Donkey Kong Alpha Samurai Gold.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I thought that was coming out in June/July??

6 months of no major releases is not uncommon for Nintendo consoles.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Better than it being rushed out in time for Christmas.

Now I'm doubly curious for E3...they've got to have "something" for Xmas...right?

Probably more Amiibos.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Yeah if a new mario game was being worked on we would hear about it, if a new Fire Emblem was coming we would already know.

Maybe a metroid game is coming because they think the series is a B list thing like Kirby? Then again they already announced Star Fox but I don't see that being their big Christmas game because Americans are not all that much into railshooters.

I think the safe bet is definetly more amiibos.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Will there Star Fox, Mario Maker, Yoshi Wool, Xenoblade, Project Robot, and probably a few unannounced games they can shuffle around.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

greatn posted:

Will there Star Fox, Mario Maker, Yoshi Wool, Xenoblade, Project Robot, and probably a few unannounced games they can shuffle around.

The Yoshi games post SNES have never really been a big deal or even done all that well. Like Yoshi's Island 2 is the only game that's been above average and Wooly World looks to be around the same grade as Clay Kirby.

Mario maker is a step above a phone app, Infact it will probably wind up being one.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I know this'll get some people all mad but Xenoblade is not really what I'd think of a major holiday game. It's not gonna sell as much as like, a Pokemon or a Mario game. That's probably a fall game anyway.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah if a new mario game was being worked on we would hear about it, if a new Fire Emblem was coming we would already know.
Super Mario World 3D was announced and released in the same year. It was shown for the first time at E3 and came out in November of that year. Though it was known to be in development since january of that year.

Either way, it's not unprecedented.

Also we do know a Fire Emblem is coming, it was already announced for 3DS a while ago. And there's still the elusive SMT x FE.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 28, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I know this'll get some people all mad but Xenoblade is not really what I'd think of a major holiday game. It's not gonna sell as much as like, a Pokemon or a Mario game. That's probably a fall game anyway.

All the big Holiday Nintendo "HOLY CRAP, I A COMMON MAN GIVE A poo poo ABOUT THIS VIODEGAME" releases are going to be on the 3ds I think.

I mean the 3ds release schedule is way more packed than the Wii-U.

Also we do know a Fire Emblem is coming, it was already announced for 3DS a while ago. And there's still the elusive SMT x FE.

The 3ds is not the wii-U.

I don't think SMT vs Fire Emblem is happening though. I would love to be proven wrong, but Atlus has so much other poo poo coming out that I don't think it's even being worked on anymore.

Dancing All Night and Persona 5 seem to be bigger deals than that.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 28, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Bean posted:

I'm cool with it. You know what other game was delayed? Ocarina of Time. OoT is the loving Charles Dickens novel of video games. Homie knows what he's doing and has my blessing.

This is objectively incorrect.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Saw 74 new posts and thought, "Hopefully this is something good." It was not.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fremry posted:

Saw 74 new posts and thought, "Hopefully this is something good." It was not.

do you have a shulk amiibo?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

For some reason it's always a toss up between whether or not an on-stage Zelda game demos well live. Sometimes it goes smoothly like the Twilight Princess showing, other times you get stuff like the Skyward Sword demo and the lesser known Wind Waker mess-up.

Related, nothing will ever beat the E3 where they demoed Nintendogs and, while Miamoto and the other presenter weren't watching, the dogs hosed right on stage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5EnE8XgTgo

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This might not really be on topic but I wanted to ask in preparation for the Xenoblade remake for 3DS, how to you save the elf guy from those friggin lizards that make you unable to use any of your powers? They keep killing me! Anybody know what I'm talking about?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fsmhunk posted:

This might not really be on topic but I wanted to ask in preparation for the Xenoblade remake for 3DS, how to you save the elf guy from those friggin lizards that make you unable to use any of your powers? They keep killing me! Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Throw bombs in their mouth.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bean posted:

Related, nothing will ever beat the E3 where they demoed Nintendogs and, while Miamoto and the other presenter weren't watching, the dogs hosed right on stage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5EnE8XgTgo

drat, that's hot.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Taint Reaper posted:

Throw bombs in their mouth.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Awesome! posted:

do you have a shulk amiibo?

I have a Hulk amiibo. I ripped the head off of a Little Mac, glued on the head from a 70's Hulk action figure and painted him green.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bean posted:

Nah, doesn't beat Miyamoto's senile rear end rocking out to Wii Music alongside Ravi Drums.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Tender Bender posted:

Nah, doesn't beat Miyamoto's senile rear end rocking out to Wii Music alongside Ravi Drums.

Must be interesting to have your fate sealed from birth with a name like Ravi Drums

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I think that, by not showing it at E3 , they mean it won't be on the show floor to play, not that they won't show it off in their Direct conference.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Well, poo poo. I guess I have more time for my Wii/Wii U backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wonder what the odds are that by the time we see Zelda again, it won't be open world anymore.

• Locked thread