Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Dark Brotherhood quest is gay because the last guy you murder is not only hardly a challenge but he's like the only character who doesn't sound permanently brain damaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nothing tops the thieves guild in terms of retarded bad quest. The Dark Brotherhood is freaking excellent next to that insane turd.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
They could have made the dawnstar sanctuary not suck rear end compared to the original one

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nothing tops the thieves guild in terms of retarded bad quest. The Dark Brotherhood is freaking excellent next to that insane turd.

This. But I played through all the major quest lines and they're all freaking awful. I think the mage guild is probably the best since it at least has good loot and has some cool setpieces.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

Heavily Modded Minecraft is awesome.

agreed op

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
if anyone itt didn't install the more immersive weapons mod and the more immersive armors mod, well, you should
also the mod that adds capes and cloaks. cloaks of skyrim.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Larry Parrish posted:

The Dark Brotherhood quest is gay because the last guy you murder is not only hardly a challenge but he's like the only character who doesn't sound permanently brain damaged.

the dark brotherhood is freaking retarded because it has a 9000 year old vampire trapped in a 10 year olds body

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I like how dawnguard is supposedly about killing vampires but In fact you have to team up with the most annoying vampire ever who you can't kill and do lots of mondo boring dungeons w/ her. they owned a lot of nerds with that game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the dark brotherhood is freaking retarded because it has a 9000 year old vampire trapped in a 10 year olds body

And because you can;t klill her, when you fight the dark brother hood if you betray them, you fight her pet spider or some crap instead.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

vug posted:

I like how dawnguard is supposedly about killing vampires but In fact you have to team up with the most annoying vampire ever who you can't kill and do lots of mondo boring dungeons w/ her. they owned a lot of nerds with that game

It's bullshit how you can;t just kill her and take the scroll, which was my immediate instinct.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there a mod that lets you kill children in the game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Is there a mod that lets you kill children in the game.

Of course, brother.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I already had Skyrim installed and some 60+ mods on it but thanks OP for reminding me I should actually play it instead of just adding more mods to it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sixty, huh? *LOLs loudly*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Of course, brother.

Rad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Was Deus Ex the last game that let you explode children with grenade launchers w/o mods? That was hosed up.

Dec 26, 2012

bazookas, too

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Was Deus Ex the last game that let you explode children with grenade launchers w/o mods? That was hosed up.

MORE LIKE EPIC

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
gently caress KIDS
but not like, have sex with them. like gently caress, as in the expression that would mean in context "disregard"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlu5C0PT4kQ The 90's were hardcore.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This mod is epic... It made this happen after I shot a lightning bolt at a stormclock.

Unfortunately I don't think the fires are considered sources of light though...

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Wormskull posted:

This mod is epic... It made this happen after I shot a lightning bolt at a stormclock.

Unfortunately I don't think the fires are considered sources of light though...

What mod is that?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fire And Ice Overhaul.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's a mod called Immersive Spells and Lights that I think gives the fire from FIO a light radius.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress it. I'm playing this still.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I uninstalled all my mods and Nexus Mod Manager because it blows hard and started over doing S.T.E.P. Extended with Mod Organizer and jeez this is so much better

Skyrim with mods is fun and is good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

gently caress it. I'm playing this still.

Same.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
I'm going to play install and play Skyrim for the first time when I get back to my rig next month. Give me the full list of non troll mods to make this good

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Sir AIDS posted:

I'm going to play install and play Skyrim for the first time when I get back to my rig next month. Give me the full list of non troll mods to make this good

Mvoing back in with your parents after dropping out of College again win.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sir AIDS posted:

The. Freaking. Uninstall. Mod.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Stink fag posted:

Mvoing back in with your parents after dropping out of College again win.

I'm going back for the summer to sae money.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sir AIDS posted:

I'm going back for the summer to sae money.

Good idea.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Sir AIDS posted:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
sperg makes the skill system not suck, and the immersive weapons and armor mods make the weapons not look like silly plastic toys. a new life, or whatever the choose your start mod is called, means you don't have to do the lovely tutorial more than once (and gives you some rp flavor, like argonians get the option to start out in the slums of the capitol).

i used midas magic, but didn't like it very much. i would say a magic overhaul would improve things tho

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

lol

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wanted to side with Mercer Frey in the thieves guild because he actually steals poo poo and doesn't give a gently caress whereas the people bethesda wants me to side with are freaky cultists who want me to give my soul away to some rear end in a top hat

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I can't reinstall this game... Because I never uninstalled it to begin with.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
iif i reinstall fallout:nv and play it is that good enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

iif i reinstall fallout:nv and play it is that good enough

i was considering this as well

• Locked thread