Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Does Mega Man's Skull Barrier move reflect Lloyd Rockets?

I think Mega Man's Skull Barrier reflects anything that's reflected by any other reflector move, so yes.

Smashing Link posted:

I want to unlock DK's specials but apparently I need to put in hundreds of hours or buy a turbo controller.

Custom Moves are one of the worst implementations of a good idea I've seen in gaming in a long while. Requiring a massive grind to unlock, having a limited amount of custom slots per character, and no way to change custom movesets from the character select screen. It just turns using custom movesets into a massive cumbersome chore the second you get a group of more then two people sitting down trying to play the game, so for the most part my friends and I just don't bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think the rest of us will enjoy our fun and excellent game without you.

it just bums me out

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sharrrk posted:

it just bums me out
I have fun at the fights.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Does Mega Man's Skull Barrier move reflect Lloyd Rockets?
It very much does and I've had some firsthand hilarious experience of doing it. Reflecting poo poo is fun, I wish I had saved the replay of that one match where I played Mii Gunner and won (at least I think I won) thanks to a clutch reflect of a Villager slingshot.

I did save some other replays recently, I should look at them and remember why I saved them.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's OK to like Ike. He tries his best, and is strong and cool.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

messagemode1 posted:

I really liked Nairo's down smash to spike move.

as an aspiring ZSS, it spoke to me deeply.

down smash seems hard to use, though?

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Smashing Link posted:

I want to unlock DK's specials but apparently I need to put in hundreds of hours or buy a turbo controller.

I did it in a couple hours by beating All Star on Hard with DK then playing target blast to unlock the remaining few. Most of the customs unlocked through the between-round rewards of All Star. It's not hundreds of hours if you actually play the character you want to unlock things with.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Deviant posted:

as an aspiring ZSS, it spoke to me deeply.

down smash seems hard to use, though?

The actually area it affects is a bit larger than the graphic, but it is a bit harder to use than most down smashes.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

mabels big day posted:

I seriously cannot mentally understand why someone wouldn't find that villager strategy funny.

Oh it's funny the first time you see it but after that it's boring, like MorriDoom in UMVC3 you've seen one match and you've seen them all. I can't wait for the inevitable matches where the non-Villager player just sits on the opposite end of the stage and waits it out. That's going to be great and no one's going to want to watch.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
I would destroy that Villager player with Zelda -- just Din's fire away and reflect back all their projectiles!

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.

Smashing Link posted:

If you have a 3DS it's not so bad.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Smashing Link posted:

I would destroy that Villager player with Zelda -- just Din's fire away and reflect back all their projectiles!

Nairo is a Zelda player lol

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

Oh it's funny the first time you see it but after that it's boring, like MorriDoom in UMVC3 you've seen one match and you've seen them all. I can't wait for the inevitable matches where the non-Villager player just sits on the opposite end of the stage and waits it out. That's going to be great and no one's going to want to watch.

There are a couple stark differences: one, Smash is a good game. Second, UMVC3 has way more viewers than smash at an average big name tournament, and yet they watch it despite the game not only being bad, but having that horribly spammy strategy. Lastly, it's funny specifically because it works when it shouldn't, and it makes people mad.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Smashing Link posted:

Go to a tournament that uses customs and they'll load all the customs onto your Wii U.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

F. Lobot posted:

Go to a tournament that uses customs and they'll load all the customs onto your Wii U.

I think I'll stick to unlocking them all by myself because I'm a big boy now, thank you. :smug:

(I kid, but really. Why deprive yourself of that aspect of the game? Think of it as an opportunity to gain experience with other characters or something.)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

I think I'll stick to unlocking them all by myself because I'm a big boy now, thank you. :smug:

(I kid, but really. Why deprive yourself of that aspect of the game? Think of it as an opportunity to gain experience with other characters or something.)

It's insanely boring and playing against the CPU doesn't really teach you very much

milesluigi
May 15, 2010

Verbose Insane Scientist

Smashing Link posted:

Hey, even if you get the turbo controller it'll still take hundreds of hours. :v: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtBTy11GMuk
To be fair, I got all the custom moves for my main characters pretty early on, within the first 10 hours.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

If I had the choice I'd have skipped unlocking characters and stages too. The single player is a joke this round.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

F. Lobot posted:

If I had the choice I'd have skipped unlocking characters and stages too. The single player is a joke this round.

It really is. No Subspace Emissary and all those weird stupid game modes they thought were fine made me instantly travel to the laggy internet for random loving around.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
Some of the single player is fun. I like classic, all-star and crazy orders. I also like messing around with custom fighters/equipment. I mean..for a fighting game it's pretty decent single player.

Now, if you want absolutely atrocious single player in a fighting game, check out Soul Calibur 5. They took the least interesting character and told an incredibly boring story in the laziest way possible. I was also irritated that they replaced Xianghua, Kilik and Taki with less cool versions of themselves.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Crazy Orders I found to be the best way to farm for custom moves.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

mabels big day posted:

There are a couple stark differences: one, Smash is a good game.

And that's where I stopped.

Maleficent
May 26, 2014
its really not that funny

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Does anybody know when they might release the dlc for Mewtwo or the Miiverse stage?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Jarogue posted:

Does anybody know when they might release the dlc for Mewtwo or the Miiverse stage?

It's going to be after the registration deadline, so mid to late April at the earliest.

They haven't given us any indication of when other than that Mewtwo is either finished or very close to finished, but I'd expect Nintendo to make a big deal about Smash Bros DLC in a Direct or something.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jarogue posted:

Never ever

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

http://susanoomon.tumblr.com/post/108964800069/current-mood-ssb4-toon-link

Is this really what toon link looks like all the time?

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
ZeRo and dabuz actually used the Fox/Olimar strategy in tournament recently. Now the EVO's rules regarding customs have been locked in, don't be surprised to see this happening a lot.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Maple Leaf posted:

ZeRo and dabuz actually used the Fox/Olimar strategy in tournament recently. Now the EVO's rules regarding customs have been locked in, don't be surprised to see this happening a lot.

Good

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Project M 3.6 trailer. I like the look of their Bowser stage, the Thwomps seem like a really neat stage hazard. Also cool that you can now toggle between the Project M versions of stages and the original stage hazard filled Brawl ones. Plus more N64 stages!

If there were a trivial way to set up matches in Dolphin netplay I'd play tons of Project M.

Edit: Dark Suit Samus costume plus some other misc images.

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 30, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Project M 3.6 trailer. I like the look of their Bowser stage, the Thwomps seem like a really neat stage hazard. Also cool that you can now toggle between the Project M versions of stages and the original stage hazard filled Brawl ones. Plus more N64 stages!

If there were a trivial way to set up matches in Dolphin netplay I'd play tons of Project M.

Edit: Dark Suit Samus costume plus some other misc images.

The other thing is bad and should be patched though

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

wonder how far that's off, and also when they'll officially announce lyn and knuckles

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
3.6 looks like good poo poo, hopefully the gameplay/balance tweaks are good.

sharrrk posted:

wonder how far that's off, and also when they'll officially announce lyn and knuckles

I just saw the Lyn and Knuckles vid for the first time today, both look super fun. Knuckles' throws are brutal and Lyn having bow moves is cool.

Also P:M top 8 on TourneyLocator http://www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I will play as Lyn a lot when that patch drops if she's fun.

Any word on more characters?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The other two are Issac from Golden Sun and Sami from Advance Wars, but nothing other than that is known, including any possible date for any of them.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Countblanc posted:

The other two are Issac from Golden Sun

project M has finally gone too far

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Why did they choose Sami over all the other AW characters?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

project M has finally gone too far

Yes, too far in the direction of cool

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yes, too far in the direction of cool

Isaac is NOT a Nintendo All-Star and it's insanely disrespectful of the Project M development team to imply that he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

Shulk is NOT a Nintendo All-Star and it's insanely disrespectful of Sakurai to imply that he is.

• Locked thread