Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Ineffiable posted:

I don't want to screw around with online stuff (even if it may be optional, it sounds like the best way to play Fantasy life) and story of seasons is probably very close to the original harvest moons? I think rune factory 4 will be for me. They've fixed the issues of farming not being as good as going mining or dungeon diving?

I would say that they balanced out the farming and fighting aspects pretty well. Although dungeon-crawling can lead to a bunch of materials for crafting, farming is the best way to get extremely rich later on with things like golden vegetables or food recipes.

Honestly, if you could get all three I'd say do it and watch your life halt to a complete nonexistence :rms: Both Fantasy Life and RF4 are insanely addicting, and I'm hyped for Story of Seasons dropping on the 31st to distract me from anything and everything ever besides farming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If any aussies are after Theatrhythm CC for cheap, EB Games is selling it for $35 as part of their current sale.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
As someone who's put over 100 hours into both RF4 and Fantasy Life each and is excited for Story of Seasons, get RF4. All of these should be great games but RF4 is just above and beyond.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

For those interested, DecalGirl just started a sale where you can save 25% on your order by entering the code: SPRING25

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

ireladd posted:

For those interested, DecalGirl just started a sale where you can save 25% on your order by entering the code: SPRING25

I'll vouch for the quality of their stuff. Put some on my wiiu stuff and it looks good, plus you can get matte skins if you're annoyed with the glossy surfaces.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ineffiable posted:

So I want to get one of the life simulation games on 3ds. Looking around, the three big ones are story of seasons, Fantasy life and rune factory 4.

Any particular reason Animal Crossing didn't make the list?

Vvvv: good reason!

Manky fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 27, 2015

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Manky posted:

Any particular reason Animal Crossing didn't make the list?

Already have it and had my fun with it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So does anyone still play Kid Icarus online? I've been playing the poo poo out of it lately after finally getting the hang of the controls, and drat it's a great game. Would like to get into the online poo poo although I'm still only on like Chapter 13 and my strongest weapon is only in the 250s... I like the minor variations between the weapons within a class, and now that I get how the crafting works, jesus christ I could see how this game could turn into a ridiculous minmaxing spergfest in MP.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Has anyone tried this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...MDMFLI45EJV2OO2

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

For less money you could just get a Decal Girl skin, which probably will protect it better and be less prone to fingerprints. (assuming you get a matte finish)

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Yes. I'm bad at these kinds of things and my MM3DS now has more bubbles on it than a Powerpuff Girls bed set, but I'm still pleased with the end result. Would recommend for people with patience. Re: fingerprints, it's very very effective at not showing them.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Kid Icarus Uprising is £20 on Shopto which is the cheapest it's been for a long time and cheaper then when I bought it a few weeks ago :argh:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Decal Girl skins are tacky.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Manky posted:

more bubbles on it than a Powerpuff Girls bed set

Can this be the new thread title?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
My MM NN3DS arrived this morning and I'm just in the middle of the system transfer.

I'm finding that the back of the system feels a little hot. Is this normal for the nn3ds?

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Aww man, how much are you transferring?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kin posted:

My MM NN3DS arrived this morning and I'm just in the middle of the system transfer.

I'm finding that the back of the system feels a little hot. Is this normal for the nn3ds?

No, that seems really strange. Are you charging it?

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

mine gets pretty warm when I'm charging it while transfering stuff to the SD card over wifi, I figure it's normal

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Kin posted:

You probably over-tightened the screws so now it can't get any airflow, didn't you watch the tutorial videos?!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

LEAVE YOUR RESIDENCE IMMEDIATELY

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sire Oblivion posted:

No, that seems really strange. Are you charging it?

Yeah charging.

And not transferring a lot. The only stuff i had installed on my DS was the streetpass games and pushmo.

It's been transferring for about a half hour now and is almost done.

edit:also wireless transfer, no screws. :D

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Fuzz posted:

For less money you could just get a Decal Girl skin, which probably will protect it better and be less prone to fingerprints. (assuming you get a matte finish)

I have a MM3ds. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I took a look to see if they had clear ones available but couldn't find one.

Manky posted:

Yes. I'm bad at these kinds of things and my MM3DS now has more bubbles on it than a Powerpuff Girls bed set, but I'm still pleased with the end result. Would recommend for people with patience. Re: fingerprints, it's very very effective at not showing them.

Cool, thanks! I might check it out...

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Transfer complete and MM redownloading. Fairly simple all in all.

What's the limit on streetpass hits from a single 3DS? Once a day? I figure i might as well try spamming the streetpasses with my old 3DS now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Kin posted:

What's the limit on streetpass hits from a single 3DS? Once a day? I figure i might as well try spamming the streetpasses with my old 3DS now.

Once every 8 hours.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

elf help book posted:

Once every 8 hours.

Cool, morning and after work it is then.

It might have taken an extra month of waiting but, poo poo, it's like i've got my own little chunk of Triforce now:

it's just a shame it sits in the cradle upside down

I guess all i need to do now is colour it in with a sharpie or something.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Kin posted:

I guess all i need to do now is colour it in with a sharpie slap on some googly eyes or something.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Man, Amiibos....

I haven't bothered with them before now, but I sort of wanted a Shulk one to make unlocking all the music and poo poo actually feasible in Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. I'm not even sure they were ever sold here locally.

There's like one store in a 50km radius of where I live that even sells Nintendo stuff, and the last time I checked they had a handful of Amiibo from launch and had shifted them into some small abandoned corner of the store, so I assume aren't getting any more in.

Looks like my best option is trying to get one for $40-60 off some online auction site.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Kin posted:

elf help book posted:

Once every 8 hours.

Are you sure? I tagged the same person twice in a handful of hours while I was out running errands last week.

Also for people looking for easy Streetpass pings, take your 3ds into a McDonalds or a Best Buy. Depending on the strength of their wi-fi, you can get a hit without even leaving your car - I can consistently pick up McD's Streetpasses by parking in their parking lot for 2 minutes.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"Oh, don't mind me, I'm just parked here to grab some streetpasses. I'll be gone soon."

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Xenomrph posted:

Are you sure? I tagged the same person twice in a handful of hours while I was out running errands last week.

Yes.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I like going to Best Buy and getting a bunch of streetpasses from people who work at Best Buy where their greeting messages are about how much it sucks to work at Best Buy.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Crawfish posted:

Shulk whining without actually consulting google.

Shulk is being re-released 5/1.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

In New Zealand?

I hadn't heard about this.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

someone buy me a shulk on 5/1 so i dont have to go to gamestop

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Saoshyant posted:

"Oh, don't mind me, I'm just parked here to grab some streetpasses. I'll be gone soon."
It's a McDonalds. Sitting in the parking lot for 2 minutes is probably pretty low on the "weird poo poo" scale for a Mcdonalds.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I've gotten two Streetpass tags from the same person right in a row before, too, but I'm pretty sure it's because I picked up a tag from their 3DS and from the Streetpass relay point at about the same time.

The number of tags at each relay point seems to vary wildly. I get that sometimes it's just different games, and not everyone sets up Streetpass Plaza (guessing there are plenty of little kids that just turned it on for Pokemon or whatever, or people that just got the 3DS for a single game and don't bother with anything else on the system), but I'll get anywhere between 1-6 hits in Streetpass plaza from one location. Anyone know what the mechanic here is? Does the point just drop people off its list every 8 hours, or reset completely every so often? Or just reach a set threshold and drop people off as more come on?

Strangely enough, one of my biggest relay point gathers was when I went to Home Depot. Didn't even know it was a spot, but apparently it used AT&T wireless.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Just use Homepass

Xenomrph posted:

Also for people looking for easy Streetpass pings, take your 3ds into a McDonalds or a Best Buy. Depending on the strength of their wi-fi, you can get a hit without even leaving your car - I can consistently pick up McD's Streetpasses by parking in their parking lot for 2 minutes.

I StreetPassed a guy who was transporting 4 XLs with him for some reason. They were all the same and I don't know why he was doing it, but I'm not going to question it.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Kin posted:

Cool, morning and after work it is then.

It might have taken an extra month of waiting but, poo poo, it's like i've got my own little chunk of Triforce now:

it's just a shame it sits in the cradle upside down

I guess all i need to do now is colour it in with a sharpie or something.

Do you find it gets scratched or discolored from the dock? Debating if I need a skin to protect my precioussss...

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Bonobos posted:

Do you find it gets scratched or discolored from the dock? Debating if I need a skin to protect my precioussss...

It's plastic, but the part that goes in the dock isn't the faceplate part. There's also a bit of space between the console and the dock itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
http://slickdeals.net/f/7759021-pny-turbo-performance-64gb-high-speed-microsdxc-24-99-amazon

64 gig -$25

http://slickdeals.net/f/7759451-32gb-sandisk-class-10-microsd-card-w-adapter-10-free-store-pickup

32 gig -$10

Memory cards at very good prices. And good cards, too.