Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mesadoram posted:

It's a French Leo. With a tumor.

And just good enough stats over a Leopard I to justify people grinding towards it for CW purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
I turn into the worst arty player in game when I toon up.

Why is this?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
Boop.

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010
Just started playing again.. only somewhat regretting the decision, but I had a weird thing happen.

Was in the middle of a game, suddenly, back in the garage, with the game acting as if I was never in said battle, tank was freely available for another battle and such

Is that a thing that happens now or is it a freak anomoly? Pondering whether to go with a completely clean install, but it's not like I had any mods installed before, and most of the battles were fine

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/19/musterbrand-jacket-code-combo/

Buy a $350 jacket, *then* buy an accessory to go with it (ranging anywhere from an additional $19-109), and we'll give you a free Hitler Panther, 30 days' Premium, and three invite codes for a tank that pretty much everyone in the game already has. :v:

I think the funniest thing is that even after spending 350 bucks, you have to spend extra to get the 'treat.'

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
http://wotreplays.com/site/1745153#murovanka-steelion-e_75

E-75 is such a good tank. Too bad I was only on HT-8.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/19/musterbrand-jacket-code-combo/

Buy a $350 jacket, *then* buy an accessory to go with it (ranging anywhere from an additional $19-109), and we'll give you a free Hitler Panther, 30 days' Premium, and three invite codes for a tank that pretty much everyone in the game already has. :v:

I think the funniest thing is that even after spending 350 bucks, you have to spend extra to get the 'treat.'

I thought the jacket was like $100, so when I saw that, I thought hey, an ugly jacket and a bad tank for $100? Alright. Three hundred and a bit dollars though is kind of outrageous.

That's the kicker - a crappy tier 8 premium, and invite codes that give the exact same rewards as the WOTLABS invite code. Amazing.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Shipping is also 30 dollars.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

I thought the jacket was like $100, so when I saw that, I thought hey, an ugly jacket and a bad tank for $100? Alright. Three hundred and a bit dollars though is kind of outrageous.

You would think that the price for a '3XL' jacket would be more than the other sizes, given that they feel the need to *reassure* you that it's *GENUINE TOTALLY REAL NAPPA LEATHER*. So the fatties are driving up the price for everyone.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Hahaha, a loving 3xl jacket actually exists? The idea of something like that is absurd.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Welp

Bonus screenshot from the T95 I killed

primelaw fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 28, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

primelaw posted:

Bonus screenshot from the T95 I killed

Can't say he's wrong, Mr. Pz2J and BT-SV owner.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Hellsau posted:

Can't say he's wrong, Mr. Pz2J and BT-SV owner.

Racist.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Everyone knows I only hate white people. Don't you ever accuse Primelaw of being white. I won't stand for that kind of libel.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Everyone knows I only hate white people. Don't you ever accuse Primelaw of being white. I won't stand for that kind of libel.

Defamation of character is free as the air, you slanderous cocksucker.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The Southern Dandy posted:

Defamation of character is free as the air, you slanderous cocksucker.

I've never slandered anyone.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait, next patch will had pretty French tanks? And they unlock via 13-90?

did wargaming keep rebalancing their lovely maps? i remember they changed most of them to be pretty great, i barely see any new tanks so i assume all the "work" must've gon somwhere else.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

I've never slandered anyone.

Bigot!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mans posted:

wait, next patch will had pretty French tanks? And they unlock via 13-90?

did wargaming keep rebalancing their lovely maps? i remember they changed most of them to be pretty great, i barely see any new tanks so i assume all the "work" must've gon somwhere else.

Not much map rework either. They have done some rebalancing. Flattened the maps a little. Made two themed maps. And they nerfed the vision range on tds. That about covers everything that has happened in quite a while honestly. Second brit td line I suppose.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

PBKAC needs to bring more goons to strongholds. Those furries and bronies just aren't good enough to beat out level 3 airstrike.

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

FluffySquirrel posted:

Just started playing again.. only somewhat regretting the decision, but I had a weird thing happen.

Was in the middle of a game, suddenly, back in the garage, with the game acting as if I was never in said battle, tank was freely available for another battle and such

Is that a thing that happens now or is it a freak anomoly? Pondering whether to go with a completely clean install, but it's not like I had any mods installed before, and most of the battles were fine

It sounds like what happens when someone captures the base and you didn't notice.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Agrajag posted:

Learn to shoot APCR.

Except the T-54 has HEAT, not APCR. :eng101: The Type 59 has APCR! ;)

Nessus posted:

I never ran into the TLA before :v: That'll teach me to not play with goons.

However, it is Mesarthim

I'll send you an invite tomorrow, I have to clear some inactives to make more room in the clan. We recruited like 5 people in the past 24 hours.

Agrajag posted:

Hahaha, a loving 3xl jacket actually exists? The idea of something like that is absurd.

Hey, fatties need to stay warm too! :colbert:

Well I mean their fat keeps them warm, but beyond that they need a huge muumuu to keep their fat warm first.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

im almost done grinding my 13 90. dunno if should go for lor 40t or just wait for amx30 first.

obviously i'll still be playing 13 90 and thank god for my cdc.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Atomizer posted:

Except the T-54 has HEAT, not APCR. :eng101: The Type 59 has APCR! ;)

That's useful but the 13 90 isn't a T-54 :eng101:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Hellsau posted:

PBKAC needs to bring more goons to strongholds. Those furries and bronies just aren't good enough to beat out level 3 airstrike.

eh, gently caress that noise.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

warcrimes posted:

eh, gently caress that noise.

Especially considering the periodic goon pogroms in the Time of Reformeowtion.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Agrajag posted:

You poor naive person. 8xl clothing exists. If you go past that I think they just hand you tarps or something. Considering the average gamer physique and WoT mouthbreathers I'm kinda surprised they're advertising a tarp option in that news item.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Southern Dandy posted:

I turn into the worst arty player in game when I toon up.

Why is this?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

:eyepop:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Add to op please

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..
I have a Grille and it feels boring and poo poo to use. Am I doing arty wrong? Does it get better at higher tiers?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

sc0tty posted:

I have a Grille and it feels boring and poo poo to use. Am I doing arty wrong? Does it get better at higher tiers?

At higher tiers playing arty is much more enjoyable, since if you miss your fully aimed shot you get almost a full minute of stream-watching/Youtube without any interruption.

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010

Alpine Mustache posted:

It sounds like what happens when someone captures the base and you didn't notice.

Nope, I was in the cap circle myself and it was an encounter, it was locked on 6 since early on, we were only a few min in and just trying to light up the other guy for arty

The replay just ends quite suddenly

http://wotreplays.com/site/1746010?secret=ebe684f59b893acaa08a4be4bb1d6eb0

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
T-54 prototype cannot come fast enough. The Matilda IV is a crusty turd of a machine.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Prav posted:

:lol: those bloom values, that top speed and base hp/t.

e: I'm kinda digging the whole spare track links counting as armor thing. Also autoloading IS-3/D-25+APCR without any stats on the autoloader:

ee: or is that just loading assist? that just makes it an IS-3 with bad acc. How utterly loving uninteresting.

The entire magazine was mechanized, so they could make it an autoloader, but it would not be historical. As it is, it's an IS-3, with a smaller turret and less crew. Yawn.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

mmkay posted:

At higher tiers playing arty is much more enjoyable, since if you miss your fully aimed shot you get almost a full minute of stream-watching/Youtube without any interruption.

this is why I actually liked the French arty line. It's much less all or nothing. Faster reload and more accurate so that while your shots don't do as much damage, you're going to have rounds where you do pretty consistent damage. Slower reload arties are more up and down with matches where zero damage was done after 8 shots.

The mobility of the French arties also lets you position better and escape the inevitable collapsed flank. Downside is that shooting at anything with armor is a loving joke.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The Soviet S-51 on the other hand is occasional moments of pure joy interspersed with game after game of bollock-torsion.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
also if you care about your stats at all, arty will murder both your winrate and wn8 no matter what.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Hey Turbonerds, Armored Warfare is running a contest for people to come up with taglines for founders packs/early access.

http://aw.my.com/us/news/general/armored-warfare-tagline-contest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

mmkay posted:

not to also mention (in a CGC) you can and will splash people for 1000 damage and the dude next time him for 600, also penning a tank with a CGC HE shell results in hilarity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRwAeiOUt3c