Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nope, in fact I've got a good third of the set still left over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Wow, I guess the UCS B-Wing has just gotten back to selling at retail price, after Lego destroyed the market by selling them at half price a couple of years ago. I have one listed at retail price on Bricklink and got three shipping quote requests in the last day.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Just found a Classic 10695 at my local Wal Mart for $20. Everything I've found says this isn't sold in the US, though.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Overemotional Robot posted:

Just found a Classic 10695 at my local Wal Mart for $20. Everything I've found says this isn't sold in the US, though.

Shipping mistake or early leak? You should buy it though and sell it on ebay for MILLIONS :v:

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

We just thought it was weird because it's basically half the price of Classic sets with lower piece counts. The boxes seemed a little crushed, but otherwise there were no issues.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I got the portapotty truck on sale at Target for $20. Lego has really stepped up their toilet game lately, I love it. The $10 Demolition starter set with the leaky toilet is next.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

I got the portapotty truck on sale at Target for $20. Lego has really stepped up their toilet game lately, I love it. The $10 Demolition starter set with the leaky toilet is next.

It is pretty great. They spent 60 years doing sets, and they never had toilets until like 3 years ago. I wanna say the Pet Shop or a Friends set was the first to include them.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Guess that's why I saw so many being picked up. Weird.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bought the Angry Unikitty and Batman set, and the Double Decker Couch sets, and I began to wonder...

What would have happened, had Lord Business won the war? What if he had decided to not Kragle everything, and tinkered with evil intent in his mind?

Like creating mutant Unikitty hybrids, to supplement his fiendish armies?

Creating fiendish abominations, like Unikitty Car-Camel(Carmels?) Palanquin creatures for his own use

Or enslaving former Master Builders as bound soldiers, riding atop Enraged Unikitty Ostriches, with no choice but to fight for him or be obliterated by the incineration shackles on the back of their saddles?

(just something goofy I whipped up using the pieces in each set)

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Captain Invictus posted:

Trash Chomper?

MORE LIKE TRASH STOMPER

His head was initially going to be inspired by Gutsman from Megaman, but then I realized I had wound up just making Auto's head:

I need to work on the hands more, and improve friction in the legs, but otherwise I'm super happy with how it turned out.

That's awesome, now do the ice cream truck.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Give me the ice cream truck and I will. It was already sold out online when I got the trash chomper.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

I'm really digging the Pirates themed sets. I bought one, then two, and now I have everything except the Brick Bounty and chess set. I've been making islands and ships and all kinds of stuff to go with it.

I'll never understand how Lego can introduce a nautical themed set and retire blue baseplates.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I'm really digging the Pirates themed sets. I bought one, then two, and now I have everything except the Brick Bounty and chess set. I've been making islands and ships and all kinds of stuff to go with it.

I bought the Pirate Chess set last week. It's pretty nice, and a big upgrade on the old Kingdom Chess Set, since the board is entirely brick-built (and the minifigs aren't Chinese-manufactured).

I'm a little disappointed you can't fit the king/queen chairs into the storage compartments without disassembling them, though. And there's not much relation to bishop/knight to the actual piece appearances.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Did you find the set in store?? I looked it up online just now and it says sold out until September! Now I'm inclined to hunt for it.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I'll never understand how Lego can introduce a nautical themed set and retire blue baseplates.

There's a blue baseplate in... the chess set (Also 2 in the Sydney Opera House) :pseudo:
The Brick Bounty owns and I can't speak for the chess set, but it seems pretty nice. There's a load in the Lego Store here.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 31, 2015

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Does anyone know when the Palace cinema is retiring? I want to buy a second one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PriorMarcus posted:

Does anyone know when the Palace cinema is retiring? I want to buy a second one.

Probably not for a while, they're only just retiring the Pet Shop soon.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

Probably not for a while, they're only just retiring the Pet Shop soon.

Awesome, that's what I thought, it just feels like they accelerated retiring sets recently.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PriorMarcus posted:

Awesome, that's what I thought, it just feels like they accelerated retiring sets recently.

I'd say that as long as you get it before the end of the year, you're probably good.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Anybody know when the Technic Le Mans car and new motorcycle are supposed to come out in the US? I have some Lego money burning a hole in my pocket but if they aren't too far out I'd like to hold out for those sets.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

ireladd posted:

Did you find the set in store?? I looked it up online just now and it says sold out until September! Now I'm inclined to hunt for it.

Yup, I got it at the Bellevue Lego store.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Just got the last Hive Crawler that was listed for $35.50 on Amazon. I was iffy on it before but that's fully half off, couldn't resist... despite the unbuilt sets starting to pile up

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
In a sudden moment of inspiration last week, I ordered a bunch of the LEGO City train sets.

The cargo set arrived first and I just finished putting it together.

It was worth every penny.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

sincx posted:

In a sudden moment of inspiration last week, I ordered a bunch of the LEGO City train sets.

The cargo set arrived first and I just finished putting it together.

It was worth every penny.

That's the one I got my son for Christmas. It's awesome

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
That looks so amazing. One my kids had a loose tooth recently that he was refusing to work on for the longest time -- the drat thing just wouldn't get out on its own -- and I ended up telling him "Look, it will cost me more for the dentist to take it out than it would to buy the Lego train set, and I'd rather buy the Lego train, so if you can get the tooth out on your own, we'll get you the train set." He got the tooth out. Now we need to follow through and get the cargo train -- what a cool looking set.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

As I'm going through my mini fig collection to see what I'm missing I realize I never found a Tiki Guy from Series 11, anyone have a spare they'd trade off or sell me?

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

I just started building the Parisian Restaurant and it is by far the best modular I've built so far in pretty much every way. However this means it's time to retire the construction site at the end of my modular street. This is what it currently looks like!

The construction site Imostly consists of set 7633 from 2009, which I found in store as late as last year. The semi transparent Hotel sign is from the 60s though!

The buildings themselves are full of little scenes incorporating the Ghost Busters, female researchers and their equipment, minifigures possessed with Mixel eye heads and the occasional (undead) dinosaur skeleton. :science:

Well, time to get the cinema and detective office and continue on another shelf 'cut building modulars is just way too fun. Also add lighting. Someday.

Electrophotonic fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Apr 1, 2015

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Can't wait to get these

http://www.lego.com/en-us/campaigns/lego-glasses

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

The cruelest joke.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Electrophotonic posted:

I just started building the Parisian Restaurant and it is by far the best modular I've built so far in pretty much every way. However this means it's time to retire the construction site at the end of my modular street. This is what it currently looks like!

The construction site Imostly consists of set 7633 from 2009, which I found in store as late as last year. The semi transparent Hotel sign is from the 60s though!

The buildings themselves are full of little scenes incorporating the Ghost Busters, female researchers and their equipment, minifigures possessed with Mixel eye heads and the occasional (undead) dinosaur skeleton. :science:

Well, time to get the cinema and detective office and continue on another shelf 'cut building modulars is just way too fun. Also add lighting. Someday.

I love this. And man, I love the Ecto-1. I picked it up and the three glow in the dark Mixels and now they have ghosties to catch. :3:

Threash
May 18, 2003
I'm looking for some suggestions for the next modular I'd like to get. I currently have the Detective Agency and was looking at the Pet Shop or Parisian Resturant but I've been undecided as I like to setup little scenes with other sets and was looking to see which might be better for that kind of thing.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Pet Shop is set to retire soon.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Other than the Detective Agency they're the best 2 modulars available at the moment

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Parisian restaurant is absolutely amazing. But get the pet shop before it retires, then get the restaurant later.

Threash
May 18, 2003
I was leaning towards the Pet Shop but unfortunately no where near has it, I regret not getting a few weeks ago now when it was in store. Guess I'll have to order online and hope it actually does ship out in 30 days.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

My Lego store has been out of the pet shop for months and I really want it :)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone know how much that new Imperial Shuttle is going to go for? It looks pretty awesome. 937 peices so I'm guessing in the $100 realm?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Definitely get the Pet Shop. It's two actually two separate buildings and they're both great. The brownstone, especially.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Restaurant is the best one so far, but it'll be around for longer. The pet store is the most versatile and useful addition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I didn't realize the Pet Shop was supposed to be rare. The Lego Store near me has like, 10 of them still. And no Palace Cinemas :argh: