Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
gem socketing is better than strict upgrade paths... thank u bloodborne for going the diablo route *drops 3 poison gems in my electric mace *

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

also in general weapons that go 2h in a mode have a unique l2. axe's is pretty handy

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ps4 facts: the only time i dipped below 20 fps was fighting 3 player enemies at once in a closed room w/ no smoke effects or anything, at a time when they all fired their guns. it was hosed up.
i downloaded bloodborne instead of having a disc and in certain areas/situations my hard drive slows and makes scary noises while my tv does the "your computer is dying" noise and frames start to skip but it stays a solid 30+

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My game hitches up all the time on disc, but I think it's a network thing bc it's only been happening today and my internet has been spotty all evening for some reason

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I'm kinda surprised I haven't found a single twin stone shard despite maxing out my weps after like the first boss.

I think the spooky bag guys that hit like a ton of bricks drop them pretty regularly

Dec 26, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

I think the spooky bag guys that hit like a ton of bricks drop them pretty regularly

they do, i have a bunch from getting owned over and over in that section until i discovered the magic of chain backstabs

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Holy poo poo I was not expecting all this lovecratian poo poo to be happening based off the early part of the game, the enemies and locations and poo poo are continuing to get creepier and crazier as I keep going, it's pretty awesome.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Psycobladder posted:

Holy poo poo I was not expecting all this lovecratian poo poo to be happening based off the early part of the game, the enemies and locations and poo poo are continuing to get creepier and crazier as I keep going, it's pretty awesome.

it's loving, amazing

make sure to read every Note you find btw. not like player notes, but literal physical note sheets that are around

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the academy is the most insane level btw... spoiler alert

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Psycobladder posted:

Yah,

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Also i think the reason this game has the best feeling combat of any souls game is because they could balance every single fight knowing exactly how every player is able to dodge and roughly how much damage they take per hit

Dec 26, 2012

good lord gently caress those rolling ogres

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

if the ones with the mace, i agree
but gently caress it... roll behind them lmao

Dec 26, 2012

see, i tried that, then he just rolled into me and then i died. i got him eventually though by drop attacking him

ps ludwig's holy sword owns, its everything ive ever wanted in a sword in a souls game

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the only slowdown ive experienced is in that Hemwick area, when I kill a specific molotov-throwing lady my game hitches when I'm collecting the echoes. also the blade wolves in that area are good for farming, they ususally drop blood shards and sometimes drop twin shards.

Dec 26, 2012

i got some slowdown in old yharnam when going right up on one of the smoke plumes or burning things but thats about it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

i got some slowdown in old yharnam when going right up on one of the smoke plumes or burning things but thats about it

this but it wasnt slowdown it was some hard drive read failure lol edit: also in the unseen village , after r

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

01011001 posted:

There was an ogre with a ball and chain in one of the chalice dungeons I did. Nightmarish. Really anything with a ball+chain is loving terrifying to fight.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

01011001 posted:

see, i tried that, then he just rolled into me and then i died. i got him eventually though by drop attacking him

ps ludwig's holy sword owns, its everything ive ever wanted in a sword in a souls game

is it better than the kirkhammer. ive been putting my points into strength, vitality, and stamina so far

Dec 26, 2012

its the kirkhammer, except instead of the hammer part you get a really good greatsword. the 1h sword part is identical i think

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
how well does it scale with strength because that's been my go to stat pretty much

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I think I read the kirkhammer eventually gets an s level scaling with strength so that's why I've been sticking with it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

how well does it scale with strength because that's been my go to stat pretty much
mine is b/b at +7, idk if goes higher with more upgrades. b skill scaling on a greatsword is pretty lmao, though

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
the first 2 bosses were really easy but still fun to fight

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the academy is the most insane level btw... spoiler alert
it gets way more hosed up imo

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just made these stupid loving things after getting the stake driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUQnDCpTAUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayguEP405mI

Game is good

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Summoned some kirkhammer help for amelia. God drat. She got owned.

Managed a viceral attack by accident too.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ok these mother loving baggers don't inspire "hit to regain hp" when they loving two shot you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The witch is a neat fight

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

I hosed up and skipped a boss and got my rear end handed to me by something I wasn't supposed to be fighting yet lol

Nonsense there is no such thing. All that means is dodge more.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nanomashoes posted:

Really anything with a ball+chain is loving terrifying to fight.

Yeah wives can be scary.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah wives can be scary.

. . . . .

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Ok these mother loving baggers don't inspire "hit to regain hp" when they loving two shot you.

those guys are like the easiest dudes though, dodge their first attack, hit em with a charge attack, then while they're doing their angry animation hit em with another charge attack

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

deadwing posted:

those guys are like the easiest dudes though, dodge their first attack, hit em with a charge attack, then while they're doing their angry animation hit em with another charge attack

Totally. I've been staking the hell out of them. Easy 1394 souls too. Just drat, compared to everything else.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
gently caress my saw blade is at +6 I think (145 +44 with gems) and still has bullshit scaling. The kirkhammer can go S rank?! Jesus

Farming twin blood offf the baggers is great cause the spawn is RIGHT there. Fantastic.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

please tell me it doesnt do the ds2 thing where enemies despawn after you kill them enough

that was probably the worst change ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

please tell me it doesnt do the ds2 thing where enemies despawn after you kill them enough

that was probably the worst change ever

I liked that, but it doesn't do that. Instead when you beat bosses in certain areas, the enemy patterns are slightly different

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Question for those who are further than me: does the second tombstone only have the witches fight? I can't find another path in that area and it seems crazy short

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I liked that, but it doesn't do that. Instead when you beat bosses in certain areas, the enemy patterns are slightly different

i felt it was really dumb because
a. limits the amount of stuff you can farm which would be fine if some of that stuff wasnt extremely limited
b. you can just run around everything anyway if youre in a rush so it just makes problem A even stupider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Question for those who are further than me: does the second tombstone only have the witches fight? I can't find another path in that area and it seems crazy short
other stuff uses it