Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Monkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN4t9O3sGP0

Fennec fox kits in a bath. THEY LOOK SO SKEPTICAL ABOUT THE WHOLE ORDEAL :3:

It's nothing but ears and bubbles. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

so are the two owners here just incredibly lazy and disgusting people, or do rodents really poo poo that much on the reg?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Some of them do. Then they sometimes eat it again.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Oh man, those fennecs are probably confused as hell by the bath. That's probably more liquid water than a wild fennec would see in its entire life.

Also Mudskipper, who just weeks ago was as big as a guinea pig, is now wondering why his friends are getting so small

Heehee, I like how it tries to grip onto the person's fingers too. So much food... nooo! come back!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
More stoats! MORE!

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

goatface posted:

Some of them do. Then they sometimes eat it again.

I thought they could actually extract nutrition from it again though? Like, they have huge appendixes or something.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Foxhound posted:

I thought they could actually extract nutrition from it again though? Like, they have huge appendixes or something.

I don't know about those rodents specifically, but rabbits have to eat their droppings to get the full nutritional value of their food.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The otters are learning.

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'

bobjr posted:

The otters are learning.

2001 Space Odyssey reboot looking fresh.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Foxhound posted:

I think it depends on what it is they're eating. But I am not a zoologist dealing in animals that eat poop, so I will not make more assumptions.

I've had rats, gerbils and hamsters that would poo poo everywhere if they were scared, or really comfortable, or annoyed, or sometimes just in unfamiliar surroundings. It is generally just little dry pellets though. If they're damp and gloopy you probably want to be talking to a vet or starting to make your peace with them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bobjr posted:

The otters are learning.

If that's the One Ring, there's going to be otter chaos throughout the lands :ohdear:.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

ulvir posted:

so are the two owners here just incredibly lazy and disgusting people, or do rodents really poo poo that much on the reg?

They're mine, and I'm a goon, so the answer is yes on both counts

We vacuum up after playtime; canister vacuums are your friend

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

You can potty train capys.

They only go in water, but a shallow pan of water is enough for them. And they're smart enough that they can easily learn to only go in the pan, and not while swimming. It makes swimming with them nicer.

(They also like to eat toilet paper right off of the roll)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yILHH8wAODM

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

"When I said Sauron used to be Annatar..."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

bobjr posted:

The otters are learning.

I keep watching this, and it just keeps getting funnier each time he clobbers the other one.

:v: Oh hey, what's that you ha--WHAMMO!!

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hi, Battlemaster!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Violet_Sky posted:

Hi, Battlemaster!

And now we've learned Capybaras have a concealed on/off switch in their nose :ohdear:.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbbuxF4mCiQ

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Violet_Sky posted:

Hi, Battlemaster!

Scarlet ibis used peck!

It's super effective!

Capybara fainted...

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Doctor Bishop posted:

Scarlet ibis used peck!

It's super effective!

Capybara fainted...

I'm honestly pretty surprised that there hasn't been a Capybara inspired pokemon yet.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

HappyKitty posted:

They're mine, and I'm a goon, so the answer is yes on both counts

We vacuum up after playtime; canister vacuums are your friend

if I knew it was your own vid I would've been less rude, sorry about that. the little critters look like a happy bunch, though.

ulvir has a new favorite as of 12:10 on Mar 28, 2015

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Hedgehog riding a beagle.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Beardless posted:

I'm honestly pretty surprised that there hasn't been a Capybara inspired pokemon yet.

Capybara uses calm look!

Its super effective!

Pidgey sits on Capybara and sleeps

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Animals riding tortoises, wrongly identified as turtles

Cute animal noises

Jollity Farm has a new favorite as of 17:02 on Mar 28, 2015

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Sorry to be THAT guy, but these are all tortoises. The person who uploaded the video is, of course, to blame for this semantic travesty.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I was always taught you aren't supposed to touch baby animals 'cause the parents don't want no human stink on them and will just abandon them. Is that actually true?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Hakkesshu posted:

I was always taught you aren't supposed to touch baby animals 'cause the parents don't want no human stink on them and will just abandon them. Is that actually true?

No

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

"When I said Sauron used to be Annatar..."

:golfclap:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's just a good way to trick kids into not messing with bird nests. Like when they say to wait an hour after eating before you go swimming. "You'll cramp up and drown" is a lot more convincing than "Why can't you little shits sit still for fifteen goddamn minutes we are on vacation for god's sake"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Lotron posted:

2001 Space Odyssey reboot looking fresh.

2001 Space OTTERsey. :colbert:

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Foxhound posted:

Hedgehog riding a beagle.

If you stood before the very gates of Hell, sword in hand, ready to storm in and free your spouse from the very grasp of the devil, you might look about half as determined as that hedgehog.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

TheMaestroso posted:

Sorry to be THAT guy, but these are all tortoises. The person who uploaded the video is, of course, to blame for this semantic travesty.

I have edited to account for this.

Have some more videos: cats and dogs with human babies.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Hakkesshu posted:

Most birds have little if any sense of smell at all (exceptions being parrots, vultures, and a few seabirds), so that would be hard.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Speaking of animal buddies

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

That cat is metal.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

guinea pig vs cat
http://i.imgur.com/fqu8G5l.webm

Vicious bear attack
https://i.imgur.com/lcIZpTh.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Trundle-by Panda-ing.

• Locked thread