Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Spanish Gremlins had a very Rick & Morty feel to it.

Loving the show. Thene again, I liked Season 5 too. It's all good. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I like how the Japanese kids's texts are still being spoken in Jeff's voice (until the confession), even though the English is horribly stunted. :)

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Binary Badger posted:

I like how the Japanese kids's texts are still being spoken in Jeff's voice (until the confession), even though the English is horribly stunted. :)

Joel McHale speaking in monotone Engrish is what made that subplot so good.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

prefect posted:

I thought the father's speech was pretty well-written. It seemed super-dramatic and literary.

Quite honestly, one of the best community bits ever. I absolutely lost it.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How long has it been since the last dance?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

John Dough posted:

How long has it been since the last dance?

Bear Down/Fat Dog

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Possibly Chicken posted:

Bear Down/Fat Dog
IT'S A BEAR DANCE!

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

pwn posted:

IT'S A BEAR DANCE!

I'm just fat dogging' it.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I haven't rewatched season 4 (obviously, except freaky friday) or 5 and now I'm laughcrying at work and can't explain why.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
That texting plot :vince:

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
The father's speech was genius but it wasn't funny to me because it was a little too real. :(

Frankie and Elroy seem like the original study group packed into two people.

I look forward to the rest of the season very much, and I would like to see another order for 13 episodes.

Also I think when Britta drives to her parents' house in episode 2 she was listening to the song from episode 3. Worlds withing worlds.

superjew fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 28, 2015

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I guess Britta's story didn't go anywhere that episode, but it was cool when the set fell away around her out of nowhere for the fantasy sequence.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Neil, Fat

They learnt nothing!

radlum
May 13, 2013

superjew posted:

The father's speech was genius but it wasn't funny to me because it was a little too real. :(

Frankie and Elroy seem like the original study group packed into two people.

I look forward to the rest of the season very much, and I would like to see another order for 13 episodes.

Also I think when Britta drives to her parents' house in episode 2 she was listening to the song from episode 3. Worlds withing worlds.

Elroy seems like the old man character like Pierce, but without the rear end in a top hat. I'm warming up to him.

Also, that speech was amazing; I liked the texting subplot but that made it even better.

I hope they do something with Britta and Chang, so far both of them are too far gone and not in a good way.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don't know if it's even possible to bring Chang back after season 3. He went full-on cartoon character psychopath. Everything since then seems like awkward dancing around that elephant in the room.

Then again, I missed season 5. Did they satisfactorily address it in season 5?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Phylodox posted:

I don't know if it's even possible to bring Chang back after season 3. He went full-on cartoon character psychopath. Everything since then seems like awkward dancing around that elephant in the room.

Then again, I missed season 5. Did they satisfactorily address it in season 5?

He has Changnesia.

That Irish Gal
Jul 8, 2012

Your existence amounts to nothing more than a goldfish swimming upriver.

PS: We are all actually cats
:lol: Frankie sleeps with a copy of Fountainhead next to her bed.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

That Irish Guy posted:

:lol: Frankie sleeps with a copy of Fountainhead next to her bed.

I about died laughing when I saw that. Of course she's into Ayn Rand.

I just caught up on this series tonight. So far, it's not too bad. I like how they're incorporating and handling texting.

And when Frankie announces again that she doesn't own a TV, the look that Elroy shoots her is priceless. And it goes on for almost long enough.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

tarlibone posted:

And when Frankie announces again that she doesn't own a TV, the look that Elroy shoots her is priceless. And it goes on for almost long enough.

Yes.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Given that the book was next to a bunch of meds, I thought it was a hint that she might have trouble sleeping, hence a super-long, boring book.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Patrovsky posted:

Given that the book was next to a bunch of meds, I thought it was a hint that she might have trouble sleeping, hence a super-long, boring book.

Well, she only rests half her brain at once, so maybe she needs a couple reads to let it all sink in.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

swickles posted:

He has Changnesia.

That's season 4 droog, 5 starts with him copping to his lie and doing the time. He's back as a math teacher, right? He's more just an out and out idiot/lunatic now. See the S5 episode with ghosts

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Milovan Drecun posted:

That's season 4 droog, 5 starts with him copping to his lie and doing the time. He's back as a math teacher, right? He's more just an out and out idiot/lunatic now. See the S5 episode with ghosts
Old Timey Photo Club

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
"You just believed a bunch of ghosts?" gets a laugh out of me every single time.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

El Tortuga posted:

"You just believed a bunch of ghosts?" gets a laugh out of me every single time.

The delivery on that line is so perfect.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Haha, the IT Lady at Greendale has mysteriously vanished. I'm glad they referenced Paget's old role.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Gay dean, gay dean, gay dean~

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Another really good episode. Jim Rash killed it. The Dean describing his sexuality as a magician pulling a neverending multicoloured hankerchief out of his sleeve is one of the funniest metaphors I've heard. Moreover, Jeff and the Dean's wordless coversation in reaction to Frankie's revelation was the biggest laugh of the episode.

I'm impressed how tangental Jeff has been so far. None of the episode have really focused on him, which is a nice change of pace. It's given the cast the opportunity to interact in interesting ways and allowed the new characters to assimilate much more readily into the group. Elroy and Frankie have both had storylines or significant interactions with all of the main cast members now and they feel right at home in the gang.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

In It For The Tank posted:

Haha, the IT Lady at Greendale has mysteriously vanished. I'm glad they referenced Paget's old role.

It was a very well done reference and was way better than whatever supposed reference was done in the first episode.

I was really glad at how they were willing to put Britta in a very low key role. It bothers me when shows try too hard to force all the characters into plots.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Those bastards, they finally did it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Is that the same person playing Annie Kim? I may be remembering badly, but she seems different.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Would watch the poo poo out of that Karate Kid adaptation. This season has been great, that episode was great, and I love the fact that Dan can write a standard episode that has a runtime of 30 minutes now because he doesn't have to conform to standard lengths (although I thought this season airs on TV in some places? Intrigued what they do then, maybe there's a TV cut).

Plus dropping a bunch of the characters from the earliest seasons makes total sense in the context of the show, especially when they add solid new characters like they have. It's genuinely a show that could have no original cast members in a few seasons time yet still be great. So happy it's back.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Would watch the poo poo out of that Karate Kid adaptation. This season has been great, that episode was great, and I love the fact that Dan can write a standard episode that has a runtime of 30 minutes now because he doesn't have to conform to standard lengths (although I thought this season airs on TV in some places? Intrigued what they do then, maybe there's a TV cut).

Is there a targeted time or is he allowed to vary by a few minutes to whatever the episode suits now?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Steve Vader posted:

Is that the same person playing Annie Kim? I may be remembering badly, but she seems different.

She looked a little different to me too (the lack of glasses probably helped), but going by the credits it's the same actress.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Is there a targeted time or is he allowed to vary by a few minutes to whatever the episode suits now?

I'm pretty sure they've said in interviews that while they aimed for their usual length, there are a few episodes this season that ended up being a few minutes longer.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
This is my favorite episode of the season so far, true to form. I felt with previous episodes they needed some moderate editing, but I loved every portion of this one. Chang gets some great "normal" screentime, Abed and Elroy bond, and of course, the Gay Dean song.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Jeff really is lower key this season. We're not getting swamped with Wingerisms to wrap up an episode and bring the group back together any more and... it's nice.

Keith David... so random, so awesome.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Gay dean, gay dean, gay dean, gaaay dean

The season has been top notch.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Where's my Gay Dean single?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Ok this episode was pretty funny. Did anyone else think Jason Mantzoukas was channeling JK Simmons in Whiplash for the "acting" scenes?

• Locked thread