Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011
Of course my old electorate is the only place to gain in the Nationals vote. God drat Tamworth, how do you even exist?

Also, gently caress yeah Balmain and Newtown! Nice work!

E:

Birb Katter posted:

ABC are now saying Lismore and Ballina are safe to Green :woop:

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MiniSune posted:

North of the Hawkesbury is gods country.

Burn everything south until you reach the Parramatta river.

Pretend I listed anti-vaccination supporters, vaccination rates, and water fluoride posters here.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Jonah Galtberg posted:

What do you like to eat

I feed off anger and whiskey

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
FOUR green seats? :holymoley:

Though I do worry that this is a big win for the homeopathic anti-vax idiot faction of the greens...

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Wait the greens have an anti-vax element?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

freebooter posted:

Welcome to the hippy contingent.

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

freebooter posted:

Unfortunately, yes, and it's stronger up north because Lismore/Nimbin.

Edit: Four seats. Two taken off the Nationals. We're no longer a city party.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
EAT poo poo NATS

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
So it looks like 4 Green seats? Well done to the NSW Green goons, and certain fly-ins, for all the excellent campaigning!

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

Fruity Gordo posted:

EAT poo poo NATS

I am literally drinking National Tears (ok it's Aldi beer, but it'll do!)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Nats ~10% primary, 16 seats
Greens ~10% primary, 4 seats

Bring on multi-member electorates.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Taking two seats from the Nats is amazing, it takes us one step closer to the end of that irrelevant party.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Nats ~10% primary, 16 seats
Greens ~10% primary, 4 seats

Bring on multi-member electorates.

yeah I was looking at that too. It's very lovely.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Jesus Christ Foley is as bland as his reputation would suggest.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I look forward to the day that Gladys Berejiklian has to reap the bitter tears of defeat.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Good News Everyone Queensland still has a change to be the most lovely state!

quote:

Labor heavyweights have held a emergency meeting, as the two-month-old Palaszczuk Government attempts to deal with a crisis which could lead to the balance of power tipping against it in the Queensland Parliament.

Fairfax Media can reveal the party executive gathered at Labor's Peel Street headquarters on Saturday for a marathon meeting to discuss the future of Cook MP Billy Gordon, amid claims of a "cover up" from the Opposition.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, who campaigned on a platform of integrity and accountability, was forced to refer allegations Mr Gordon abused his former partner to police on Friday evening, after claims contained in a letter her office received last week were made public.

A police spokesman confirmed an allegation of domestic violence had been referred to them by the Premier.

Channel Nine reported Mr Gordon has been accused of punching and kicking his former partner.

Fairfax Media understands Mr Gordon had told his party the abuse had been verbal.

A government spokesperson said the Premier asked ALP President and State Secretary to meet on Saturday with the Member for Cook, and demand full disclosure from Mr Gordon.

With numbers in the Queensland Parliament on a knife-edge, Labor, which came to power following the January 31 election with the support of independent MP Peter Wellington, is hamstrung.

While it can dis-endorse Mr Gordon, an option Fairfax Media understands has been discussed, Labor needs every number it has in the house to remain in power.

But Ms Palaszczuk, who intervened during the election to strip a Labor candidate of his pre-selection after claims of "inappropriate" behaviour towards a female colleague became known, vowed integrity and accountability would be "cornerstone principles" of her government.

By failing to address the domestic abuse claims, the Opposition claims Ms Palaszczuk has "failed" her first accountability test.

Mr Gordon's former partner had written to various MPs for help in getting Mr Gordon to pay child support, a claim which was made public on Friday morning by News Corp.

In response, Ms Palaszczuk told parliament she was "absolutely furious" when she learnt of the matter and had ordered Mr Gordon to "get his house in order", adding that she expected the "highest standards" from her MPs, but that the matter had been dealt with.

Labor State Secretary Evan Moorhead had been dispatched to help rectify the child support situation on March 18.

In an attempt to head off further controversy, Mr Gordon made a personal statement to Parliament on Friday, admitting to failing to pay child support to his former de-facto after their relationship ended badly.

"There were times when both of us failed to behave as adults should, and I certainly bear full responsibility for my actions," he said.

But the letter had also contained allegations of domestic abuse, which neither Ms Palaszczuk or Mr Gordon mentioned in their explanations to parliament.

In her letter referring the allegations to Police Commissioner Ian Stewart, Ms Palaszczuk said Mr Moorhead had encouraged the woman to go to the police if she believed it necessary.

But it wasn't until the allegations were published on a website linked to former LNP MP Gavin King, that Ms Palaszczuk acted.

Addressing the media on Saturday, Opposition Leader Lawrence Springborg accused Ms Palaszczuk of a "cover up".

"The issue here, is the Premier claims accountability, proclaims integrity, proclaims openness, but when it came to her first question in Parliament yesterday, she failed the accountability test because she didn't level with Queenslanders," Mr Springborg said.

One Labor source said the party was "struggling" to find a solution.

"We all know what happened to Gillard when she stood by Craig Thompson when all these allegations were flying around and she won't want to lead a government with that hanging around her neck, she knows what it can do," he said.

"But the numbers in the parliament mean the government could turn on a dime. It has not left us with a lot of options."

Just one month ago, the Palaszczuk Government accepted a report on domestic violence from former Governor-General Quentin Bryce.

Ms Palaszczuk and several of her MPs spent the morning of their first day in parliament listening to the stories of domestic violence survivors.

Ms Palaszczuk and her minsters will spend the next two days in Townsville for community cabinet.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

oh god

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

MiniSune posted:

I look forward to the day that Gladys Berejiklian has to reap the bitter tears of defeat.

Wanna wipe the smug off for sure.

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011

Anidav posted:

"Queensland, not content with NSW winning the worst state trophy from them, plans to go all out for next year's contest."

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Christ, you know you're in the poo poo when the PM can only get 3 guys cheering for him at a function whose crowd only includes Liberal Party members

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Brayds2006 posted:

"Queensland, not content with NSW winning the worst state trophy from them, plans to go all out for next year's contest."

Woah.

What about WA? Ignore our massive new national park, we still have 'stroke face Barnett' in power.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
The other issue is that after 8 years, you cant blame the other side for the states ills.

And as you fail to meet the electorates expectations because hey, people have high expectations and you don't have enough money to go around, your only going to lose more seats.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Premier Springborg!

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011

Konomex posted:

Woah.

What about WA? Ignore our massive new national park, we still have 'stroke face Barnett' in power.

WA was taken out of the running, it wasn't fair to the other states.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Amazing result for the Greens

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 28, 2015

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Fruity Gordo posted:

Also QM is doing well, 5.3% in a westie seat!

It's a negative swing, unfortunately :( Still, Labor ran a massive campaign out here, and some of the Western Sydney seats copped it even worse. I think as far as weathering a backlash swing to Labor, we did well.

But who cares, Newtown, Ballina and Lismore, and we kept Balmain

Suck it, Victoria

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Anidav posted:

Caught wind of this on Friday, before the domestic violence stuff came up. Grim.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

What the gently caress why are there 394 names below the line for the NSW Legislative Council?!

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
We were glad to pull out of the running to give the rest of you a chance

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
Port Stephens has had a 20% swing to Labor, with the outgoing member being kicked out of the Liberal party for taking payments from developers. Seems like a sensible result.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

What the gently caress why are there 394 names below the line for the NSW Legislative Council?!

Because you need 15 people on the ballot to be a party.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Because you need 15 people on the ballot to be a party.

Are you loving serious? Why?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

lmao at fake HTV Cards.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

norp posted:

Are you loving serious? Why?

(Phone posting) It's to do with the implementation of optional preferential; they want people to vote for at least 15 candidates (so ballots are unlikely to extinguish), and an AtL vote is a straight vote 1-15 for that party's candidates.

There's an argument that you don't need 15.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

What happens with independents then?

Also the answer is obviously
Atl: minimum x (3?)
Btl: minimum 15

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011

Quantum Mechanic posted:

It's a negative swing, unfortunately :( Still, Labor ran a massive campaign out here, and some of the Western Sydney seats copped it even worse. I think as far as weathering a backlash swing to Labor, we did well.

But who cares, Newtown, Ballina and Lismore, and we kept Balmain

Suck it, Victoria

I can't believe it. FOUR SEATS and not only that but there are now many seats where the Greens are running second to the major parties. Good job NSW.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Brayds2006 posted:

Of course my old electorate is the only place to gain in the Nationals vote. God drat Tamworth, how do you even exist?

Nats had the biggest campaign. ESPECIALLY Kevin Anderson.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Suck it, Victoria

wish i could live in a state with a tory government..........

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011

ScreamingLlama posted:

Nats had the biggest campaign. ESPECIALLY Kevin Anderson.

I guess I should have expected that would happen. I'm still a bit surprised though. Before I moved, the consensus (from what I was told at least) was that people weren't happy with Anderson, they thought he hadn't done enough for the electorate, plus the anti-CSG movement should have affected the vote somewhat (heck, maybe it did). I thought there would be at least a small swing against him.

I have too much faith in my hometown. It's gonna take a loving miracle before they elect someone other than the Nationals or an Independent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Anidav posted:

And here I was thinking the NT election would be next.

quote:

Labor State Secretary Evan Moorhead had been dispatched to help rectify the child support situation on March 18.

What does that even mean?

• Locked thread