Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Irish Joe posted:

I was so distraught after the reading the Red Wedding for the first time, I had to be institutionalized for six months.

When do they let you out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Dave Angel posted:

That'd be awesome. Should also have Danny Devito running around asking, "Where do hoooors go?"

"Cersei we have employed a new Kingsguard for your protection, may I introduce... Ser Mantis Toboggan."

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Dave Angel posted:

That'd be awesome. Should also have Danny Devito running around asking, "Where do hoooors go?"

Howland Reed.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Patchface would be the correct casting decision for Danny DeVito.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

It'd be amazing if they built up a big reveal all scene about the Harrenhal tournament and Tower of Joy in the show and it ended up being Devito's excited and confused ramblings.

Also hope whoever Mac is has the whistling wooden teeth again.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

Jedit posted:

When do they let you out?

Hopefully never

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Men only and you get to act like you're a badass? Mac would join the Nights Watch in the blink of an eye.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now

Lycus posted:

Since he's not appearing this season.

no training montage this season? :wtc:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The AV Club on possible roles for them:

quote:

Maybe they’re wizards who know how to bring Ned Stark back to life?

Precious :allears:

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
I guess one major spoiler would be that Dany rides a dragon, assuming they get to that this season. Not as big as her taking a poo poo in a field, but still a pretty big deal.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
We know that the attack on Daznak's Pit is definitely happening this season. Probably not the making GBS threads.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 27, 2015

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

meristem posted:

Well, LSH is probably already out

I doubt this. They wouldn't reveal her casting if she was in because it would spoil it.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Gianthogweed posted:

I doubt this. They wouldn't reveal her casting if she was in because it would spoil it.

Didn't Watchers On The Wall explicitly confirm she's not in this season?

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

BreakAtmo posted:

Didn't Watchers On The Wall explicitly confirm she's not in this season?

Didn't see that watcher's on the wall post, but I just found this.

https://youtu.be/T2YXB76wXp8

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Gianthogweed posted:

Didn't see that watcher's on the wall post, but I just found this.

https://youtu.be/T2YXB76wXp8

That IMDB thing was a troll. They did it last year too. IMDB is often bullshit, anyone can submit edits.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Another year of Game of Thrones, another round of posters convinced that LSH is totally coming this time guys I'm certain!! Look at all my not-at-all weak evidence!

It's like an annual ritual at this point

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce_rXR3tdqQ

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
"We are to be watchmen on the wall and I believe that there are pastors, there are leaders in the faith community all across this country who were placed in the positions of leadership that they are in today just like Ester, 'for such a time as this.' That is my hope, that we energize and mobilize courageous conservatives all over this country to pull this country back." - Ted Cruz

First Netanyahu now Ted Cruz. God I can't wait for this show to be dead and done with so this stuff stops.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Let's do everyone a favor and not talk about US politics in this thread TIA

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Synopses for Episodes 4 - 7 have been revealed:

quote:

– Episode #44: “The Sons of the Harpy”: Margaery seeks prudent counsel. Jaime struggles in foreign lands. Dany answers the Harpy’s call. (Written by Dave Hill; directed by Mark Mylod.)

— Episode #45: “Kill the Boy”: Cersei plots a dangerous game. Jon swings his sword. Melisandre studies the signs. Tyrion sees the ghosts of the past. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Jeremy Podeswa.)

— Episode #46: “Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken”: Margaery receives a grim surprise. Jon hears dark tidings. Winterfell prepares for a wedding. Doran Martell speaks his word. (Written by Bryan Cogman; directed by Jeremy Podeswa.)

— Episode #47: “The Gift”: In Meereen, Dany must compromise or flee. Stannis comes into trouble on his way south. Brienne finds shelter in the woods. Arya is faced with her destiny. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Miguel Sapochnik.)

http://watchersonthewall.com/why-queen-elizabeth-didnt-take-the-iron-throne-and-more-game-of-thrones-interview-and-casting-details/

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

quote:

— Episode #45: “Kill the Boy”... Jon swings his sword.

There ya go.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

quote:

Tyrion sees the ghosts of the past.

Either the most masterful trolling or this is Aegon.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Or it's the Sorrows with Tyrion and Jorah as rumored.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I assume its Tywin and Shae in a dream cameo after Tyrion is dunked into the Sorrows.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

webmeister posted:

Another year of Game of Thrones, another round of posters convinced that LSH is totally coming this time guys I'm certain!! Look at all my not-at-all weak evidence!

the question is: what is more likely?

odds of stonheart happening vs odds of martin finishing winds of winter?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Wow, there's some tantalizing stuff in those summaries. I suspect Margaery's grim surprise may be something Loras-related as there were rumors of him being captured/possibly killed by the Sparrows. And if there's no fake Arya, what's the Winterfell wedding going to be? It's kind of exciting not knowing what's coming our way!

In latest GRRM news, he won't be writing an episode for season 6 either. Also there's going to be a Wild Cards movie or something. :shepface:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
One of the reasons GRRM gives for not liking fanfiction is that it stunts your growth as a writer because you're not developing your own stories and characters. This is hard to argue against but Wild Cards is a shared universe.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gianthogweed posted:

I guess one major spoiler would be that Dany rides a dragon, assuming they get to that this season. Not as big as her taking a poo poo in a field, but still a pretty big deal.

I would pay money to watch show-only people watch the Dany making GBS threads episode, which would be filmed by Paul Verhoeven in an alternate HBO universe.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

whatever7 posted:

I would pay money to watch show-only people watch the Dany making GBS threads episode, which would be filmed by Paul Verhoeven in an alternate HBO universe.

There'll be watch party reaction videos up on YouTube within an hour after the show airs.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Book-purists are going to be so angry if Dany doesn't poo poo. The consistency of her poop is more important to the story than Strong Belwas.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I'm curious if the Winterfell Wedding is Sansa marrying Ramsey, then Theon rescues her. Unless Littlefinger is attending the wedding as the representative from The Vale, and brings her as Alayne, I can't figure out why else she's there.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

whatever7 posted:

Lars von Trier, rather, both to write and to direct.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Mouse Dresser posted:

I'm curious if the Winterfell Wedding is Sansa marrying Ramsey, then Theon rescues her. Unless Littlefinger is attending the wedding as the representative from The Vale, and brings her as Alayne, I can't figure out why else she's there.

That's certainly been speculated. She is in Winterfell this season.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

My guess is that Littlefinger fakes a legitimization and she's marrying him in the guise of Alayne Baelish as part of a plot to gently caress up the Boltons and Freys and then reveal her identity to the Northern lords.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 28, 2015

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

In It For The Tank posted:

Synopses for Episodes 4 - 7 have been revealed:

quote:

Doran Martell speaks his word

Aw Yeah. If anyone can keep the "Martells are badass" goin, it's Dr. Bashir.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

webmeister posted:

LSH confirmed for episode 7. Brienne shelters with tBwB. The Gift is Dondarrian gifting his lifeforce to Cat.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lycus posted:

Book-purists are going to be so angry if Dany doesn't poo poo. The consistency of her poop is more important to the story than Strong Belwas.

For reasons of economy the making GBS threads scene has been combined with the very last scene of the show where Dany sits on the Iron Throne.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

There is no real hope we will get the making GBS threads scene is there? I feel like it's necessary for everyone who named their daughter khaleesi but there's no way is there?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

There is no real hope we will get the making GBS threads scene is there? I feel like it's necessary for everyone who named their daughter khaleesi but there's no way is there?

We got Tywin's making GBS threads scene, so there's a slim, but very real chance we'll also get Dany's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Irish Joe posted:

We got Tywin's making GBS threads scene, so there's a slim, but very real chance we'll also get Dany's.

But Tywin did something interesting while making GBS threads. Unless Tyrion is there to lay down some :iceburn: while Dany takes a liquid dump...

No, no I don't want to finish that sentence.

• Locked thread