Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Moral of the story, go read FMP Sigma. It's super amazing and makes me sad that they stopped the anime pretty much right before the plot gets moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KoB posted:

Yeah I was talking about Sigma, Al is legitimately like my favorite character in that. The ending was so good.

I thought it was that the Lambda Driver is controlled by imagination, which an AI shouldnt be able to do because beep boop logic. But then he does :allears:

And then after that, when they retrieve the wrecked Laevetein Al asks to be placed into a Pontiac Trans-Am as his next body.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

This is all Sakai's fault, the one who believes in freedom and imagination forced a poor kid that knew nothing about gunpla to realize that there are limits and restrictions. And Sekai is too dumb to realize that build burning has no limits.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lostconfused posted:

This is all Sakai's fault, the one who believes in freedom and imagination forced a poor kid that knew nothing about gunpla to realize that there are limits and restrictions. And Sekai is too dumb to realize that build burning has no limits.

I've been skimming through the last few episodes, but did they even acknowledge the burning being poo poo because Sekai barely knows anything about Gundam?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Tae posted:

I've been skimming through the last few episodes, but did they even acknowledge the burning being poo poo because Sekai barely knows anything about Gundam?

He did admit to whats-her-name-from-Gunpla-Academy that he really doesn't know anything about Gundam or Gunpla and he really should, but that is about it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Build Fighters Try-2

Sekai: "After watching Gundam between series holy poo poo is my machine over powered! So I built this martial arts Dom I'll be using in the World Tournament instead"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'd like to see him make his own machine personally. Something with modified legs and waist from a Mack Knife, because they allow for a good range of motion that would be useful in martial arts going by the show, and with SD style human eyes - because I think they'd work really well with his rather personal style of fighting. Not really sure what else the unit should have beyond a fire theme, but some kind of gunpla gi covering a rather supple and thin frame would seem best.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If Sekai piloted an absurd martial arts Mack Knife I would like him three times more.

If there is a new season I hope it has a bunch of G-Reco suits.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Saga Adou remains a rival in season three, but he's handicapped by doctor's orders to only pilot a machine as simple as a Ball due to his wrist injury. In protest, Saga builds Ball The End, with a cloak and two revolvers.

I'd watch it.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Balls somehow end up with pretty high kill counts in a lot of the series!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

PoptartsNinja posted:

Build Fighters Try-2

Sekai: "After watching Gundam between series holy poo poo is my machine over powered! So I built this martial arts Dom I'll be using in the World Tournament instead"

This would be the dumbest turn since everything about Sei's very limited character arc was realizing gunpla is freedom and the TV shows and canon material means nothing when it comes to gunpla building and fighting.

Though I wouldn't mind him making his own unit.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This would be the dumbest turn since everything about Sei's very limited character arc was realizing gunpla is freedom and the TV shows and canon material means nothing when it comes to gunpla building and fighting.

Though I wouldn't mind him making his own unit.

Yeah but on the other hand, kung fu Dom.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You're all misunderstanding.

Sekai learned that Gunpla is about Free Doms, not freedom.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

nuru posted:

Balls somehow end up with pretty high kill counts in a lot of the series!

If you pilot a Ball, you either get really good or your career ends abruptly.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
From the Gunpla thread:

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

(e): Found online: THE HIGHBALL.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Riftling posted:

Saga Adou remains a rival in season three, but he's handicapped by doctor's orders to only pilot a machine as simple as a Ball due to his wrist injury. In protest, Saga builds Ball The End, with a cloak and two revolvers.

I'd watch it.

just give him the val varo and make kou uraki a side character that adou blushes around

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

W.T. Fits posted:

From the Gunpla thread:

That is a god among mobile suits.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
saw this just a few moments ago, on /m/:

"The villains won... :("

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

From the Gunpla thread:

This is glorious.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Build Fighters Try-2

He went back to the club room and gathered up the pieces of the Dom the BBG was originally hidden in, and uses it as weighted training clothes. Since the 3v3 format is pretty obscure outside Japan, on the world stage, he just looks like a chum with a bog standard Dom. Until he purges the frame to fight at full power. :ssj:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Warmachine posted:

This is glorious.

He went back to the club room and gathered up the pieces of the Dom the BBG was originally hidden in, and uses it as weighted training clothes. Since the 3v3 format is pretty obscure outside Japan, on the world stage, he just looks like a chum with a bog standard Dom. Until he purges the frame to fight at full power. :ssj:

If Try Tri's first episode involves the Try Burning being destroyed and a kung fu Dom busting out in reverse of Try episode 1, I will forgive everything about Try.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I kind of hope BF S3 quietly sweeps everything about Try under the rug honestly. Or at least the poo poo about Assimilation.

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

I kind of hope BF S3 quietly sweeps everything about Try under the rug honestly. Or at least the poo poo about Assimilation.

I pretty much hope we all look back at try as "that one bad one in the middle".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

The writers certainly did for the last episode :v:. The Try got ripped to pieces, yet Sekai showed no sign of pain.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The writers certainly did for the last episode :v:. The Try got ripped to pieces, yet Sekai showed no sign of pain.

No, he winced and closed his eye after it got punched.

... yeah. That's it. What a loving dumb plot point Assimilation was.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

No, he winced and closed his eye after it got punched.

... yeah. That's it. What a loving dumb plot point Assimilation was.

The Build Burning's limbs explode during the Tryon 3 fight while it's still glowing red(though the red glow fades the moment after it happens). :haw:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I think the point of Assimilation was to introduce a narrative shortcut around Sekai actually having to train and get better at controlling the BB, because god forbid he have something resembling development.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Saga's injury didn't really do anything either, besides provide a reason it was possible to beat him. They never resolved the background with Yuuma either, the guy who clowned him out of competition doesn't really seem like the same guy besides being the only one approaching Sakai's level of creativity. I'd still like a clear shot of that Deathscythe-Hydra-Thone Gundam Zwei thought. Maybe in the MSV equivalent.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BizarroAzrael posted:

Saga's injury didn't really do anything either, besides provide a reason it was possible to beat him. They never resolved the background with Yuuma either, the guy who clowned him out of competition doesn't really seem like the same guy besides being the only one approaching Sakai's level of creativity. I'd still like a clear shot of that Deathscythe-Hydra-Thone Gundam Zwei thought. Maybe in the MSV equivalent.

That's what really pisses me off about Gundam The End. If he'd stuck with the one in the flashback, Bandai might've made a HG Gundam Hydra.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The End was one of my favorite original designs in the show.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
If (when) The End gets a kit, you know someone's going to Gurren it right away.

I know I probably will anyway. It'll look good next to my EVA Unit 2 Gafran.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

If (when) The End gets a kit, you know someone's going to Gurren it right away.

I know I probably will anyway. It'll look good next to my EVA Unit 2 Gafran.

Lucky for you, it's being released in May.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Does it have a baby Unicorn in it's belly?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Does it have a baby Unicorn in it's belly?

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2015/02/hgbf-1144-gundam-end-new-images-release.html?m=1

I don't think you can even open the chest, it looks like a solid piece in most of the pics.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2015/02/hgbf-1144-gundam-end-new-images-release.html?m=1

I don't think you can even open the chest, it looks like a solid piece in most of the pics.

That link proves the chest can open, because it's closed wrong in this picture

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

dogsicle posted:

How else could you have it bite off heads?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

Insane scratchbuilding? But yeah that one pic where it looks open is why I'm not sure.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Lurking Haro posted:

A limited edition of Gundam The End released later down the line (like, end of 2015/early 2016) with that function built in.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I don't think you get how web exclusives work if you think Bandai would bother with that.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

I don't think you get how web exclusives work if you think Bandai would bother with that.
My earlier comment was mostly a joke one, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Maybe they'll do a separate little Baby Unicorn you can fit halfway into The End's stomach. I can't see how the whole thing could actually fit in there. Plus they could do different colorways of Baby Unicorn like they did with Baby Beargguy.

• Locked thread