Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Headphone preamp I'd bet.

Meier Audio's headphone amplifier. Surprisingly long lasting, made 12 years ago and still works. Forgot to include my headphones in the photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Trillest Parrot posted:

Go to Union Jack's if you want to go to a decent strip club in Portland, go to Voodoo Donuts if you want a donut coated with stale cereal.

The problem is that Union Jack's is on the East Side, so it's a decent hike if walking across the Burnside Bridge. I make this assumption because

Reverse Centaur posted:

Thanks for all the Portland tips, friends. I don't plan to make much of a plan - just wander north and east until I hit river.
makes me think he's walking around downtown. Don't get me wrong; Union Jack's is pretty cool ( :britiain: -themed strip club). If you're going East Side then there's Pirate's Cove where you can see some spectacular booty. :v:

:ninja: edit: I was going to list more decent strip clubs but that will reveal way too much of what I know of the area. :buddy:

Real edit: poo poo, :69snypa: ...

Beyond HELIOS Brokk Pant with a 40% coupon.

Android Apocalypse has a new favorite as of 04:46 on Mar 28, 2015

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Android Bicyclist posted:

:ninja: edit: I was going to list more decent strip clubs but that will reveal way too much of what I know of the area.

What? You're ashamed of smoking Psyopmonkey's pole? Just loving tell us.

VVVVVV Was that so hard?

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 04:50 on Mar 28, 2015

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
While Embers, Silverado & CC Slaughters are perfectly fine gay establishments, that's not quite my scene.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Cozmosis posted:

This was good. Shocking amount of 3DSs being played in the theater.

Nerds are the worst.

I'm hoping to be in the states when it comes to San Francisco

Content: bought a treadmill because I'm too lazy to leave the house

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

strap on revenge posted:

Content: bought a treadmill because I'm too lazy to leave the house

If you're too lazy to walk out of the house...

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Josh Lyman posted:

I had the same keyboard/mouse setup until I upgraded to a Logitech G502.

The keyboard is pretty great though:

There is no better keyboard than the Microsoft Natural.

I've bought and tried so drat many different keyboards over the years, but I always come back to this one.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Gorilla Salad posted:

There is no better keyboard than the Microsoft Natural.

I've bought and tried so drat many different keyboards over the years, but I always come back to this one.

I love these keyboards, but God drat are they fragile. I had two die, completely, from having single drops of condensation fall off my beer glass into the keys. Eventually, I just gave up and moved to this keyboard, instead (which has been bulletproof): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7MU2NF1358

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

I just put on the clothes I ordered and holy poo poo, their stuff is amazing. So comfortable, well fitting, and cool (temp).

I'm forever in your debt.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

blarzgh posted:

I just put on the clothes I ordered and holy poo poo, their stuff is amazing. So comfortable, well fitting, and cool (temp).

How is the sizing on these vs. American shirts? I'd expect to have to order a size up.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
Some one was "avoiding a dog in the rain," so I had to buy these gun parts:

She came by and apologized and offered to pay to fix it and stuff. I didn't take her money because it was an accident and it's a mailbox and they are in the way of everything if you like driving on curbs. I'm pretty sure she might've been drinking because I found pieces of her hubcap about 20 yards away from the mailbox. She was also missing pieces of her right side mirror.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Strip club talk: don't go to Casa Diablo, the owner's a jackass who treats his dancers terribly. A friend of mine who worked there is suing him right now.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Found this at the same thrift store today. Stoked to have it since I'm missing their show in my area.

FYI Belle and Sebastian's musical - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2141751/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Trillest Parrot posted:

How is the sizing on these vs. American shirts? I'd expect to have to order a size up.

Exact same - I ordered my size in everything and it fits perfectly. There is a size chart.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LTBS posted:

She came by and apologized and offered to pay to fix it and stuff. I didn't take her money because it was an accident

So uh... what's your address? I've got some free time and a bottle of Jack.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
Weekend beer purchases. Yes, as my mate calls me, I am a hoppy IPA hipster wanker.

Fozaldo has a new favorite as of 21:11 on Mar 28, 2015

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Thornbridge is ace. I bought 10 bottles of Jaipur X.

I also bought a house this week.

Centre of Warwick old town. Used to be a bakery in the 1800s. Love it.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

Bape Culture posted:

Thornbridge is ace. I bought 10 bottles of Jaipur X.

I also bought a house this week.

Centre of Warwick old town. Used to be a bakery in the 1800s. Love it.

Had a Jaipur X last week, not a beer to down quick :)

Sweet pad, my friend. Congrats.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Fozaldo posted:

Weekend beer purchases. Yes, as my mate calls me, I am a hoppy IPA hipster wanker.

Didn't know you brits got Michigan beers. Lucky you.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I was finally able to order Walmart's exclusive version of the Interstellar bluray.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
People post all kinds of random stuff here, so maybe someone will know where I can find this:

There are these car cupholders, most often found in European-spec models:

Those would be easy to find, but I don't need the whole cupholder structure -- just the rolling cover part of it (ideally metal). I'd like to build it into other random stuff I'm making.

So, any thoughts where I can get the cover/roll? It doesn't have to be from a car cupholder at all, as long as it functions the same way.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Trabant posted:

So, any thoughts where I can get the cover/roll? It doesn't have to be from a car cupholder at all, as long as it functions the same way.

Junkyard.

Or make it yourself, by glueing strips of wood or aluminum or plastic or whatever on a piece of soft plastic (like a gel) from the craft store.

Edit: or call ECS Tuning and ask them.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

blarzgh posted:

All they'll tell you is they'll sell you that part at grossly inflated prices. They're seriously bad at customer service, I wanted to order some wires and inquired if I could do local pick up since I live about 15 miles away from them and they wanted $20 to ship it FedEx ground.

Not only did they say they couldn't (or wouldn't) do local pick up but they were complete condescending assholes about it. You'll get more blood from a stone than help from them.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Av + Post Combo

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

LTBS posted:

Some one was "avoiding a dog in the rain"
Spent like half a minute figuring out what sexual act or bodily function that was a euphemism for.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

PCOS Bill posted:

So uh... what's your address? I've got some free time and a bottle of Jack.

Can't you read? I just posted my mailbox... DUHHHHH

She brought her kid with her for added sympathy. I know it happened late because I got home at like 12 that night and it was fine. Fun times though. It started snowing today. In western Tennessee. In almost April. So I did what any red blooded 'Murican would do. I bought 3 racks of ribs at motherfuckinCOSTCO and they are smoking right now.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

blarzgh posted:

Junkyard.

Or make it yourself, by glueing strips of wood or aluminum or plastic or whatever on a piece of soft plastic (like a gel) from the craft store.

The junkyard might be a non-starter, or at least something that could take months. I'm in the US, and couldn't tell you last time I actually saw one of those in a car.

So yeah, the DIY option is probably what I'll have to do. Here comes 20 attempts before I find a way to make it not look like rear end. But at least I was able to figure out that's called a tambour, so I've got a starting point :toot:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

blarzgh posted:

Thank the guys in the YLLS thread, they turned me from a slob into a snob!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Fozaldo posted:

I got some other beers from the same two breweries.

From Founders I got a porter and a russian stout.

I got a barley wine from Flying Dog. Don't really like it, but it's the first time I tried this style. Also it's 10% abv so whatever.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

PhazonLink posted:

I got a barley wine from Flying Dog. Don't really like it, but it's the first time I tried this style. Also it's 10% abv so whatever.

It's one of the only Flying Dog styles I'm not a huge fan of.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

I got some other beers from the same two breweries.

From Founders I got a porter and a russian stout.

The Weyerbacher insanity barleywine is delicious. FYI

codespace
May 3, 2011

Trabant posted:

IKEA has some cabinets that get pretty small/narrow that have rollup doors like that in aluminum, might be a good place to start if you live near one.

For content,

Had to jump through some hoops to get this purchase to authorize. Apparently, my payroll Visa card doesn't process international transactions and the game is only available for purchase through their website. Unfortunately, I live in the US and Frontier Developments is based in the UK, so it kept declining.

Ended up handing my roommate $60 and using her card.

Really excited to give this a shot; I've been craving a space shooter for years and it doesn't look like Star Citizen is going to deliver anytime soon (if ever).

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trabant posted:

The junkyard might be a non-starter, or at least something that could take months. I'm in the US, and couldn't tell you last time I actually saw one of those in a car.

So yeah, the DIY option is probably what I'll have to do. Here comes 20 attempts before I find a way to make it not look like rear end. But at least I was able to figure out that's called a tambour, so I've got a starting point :toot:

eBay, search for "tambour box" without quotes, plenty of results for wooden boxes with tambour lids if that'll work for ~$20

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

codespace posted:

IKEA has some cabinets that get pretty small/narrow that have rollup doors like that in aluminum, might be a good place to start if you live near one.

For content,

Had to jump through some hoops to get this purchase to authorize. Apparently, my payroll Visa card doesn't process international transactions and the game is only available for purchase through their website. Unfortunately, I live in the US and Frontier Developments is based in the UK, so it kept declining.

Ended up handing my roommate $60 and using her card.

Really excited to give this a shot; I've been craving a space shooter for years and it doesn't look like Star Citizen is going to deliver anytime soon (if ever).

So much fun; get yourself a stick if you don't have one already.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i bought tickets to the movie "it follows"

it was really good

legit the best scary movie ive ever seen and also just a really good movie, like seriously pretty impressive

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
I ordered a Lenovo Z710* for my mother and sister.

* updated model with geforce 840m and i7.

It was expensive, 7500 nok, but it should last a while.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Michael Jackson posted:

I ordered a Lenovo Z710* for my mother and sister.

* updated model with geforce 840m and i7.

It was expensive, 7500 nok, but it should last a while.

I bought a Lenovo Z50-70 3-4 months ago. I also got the upgraded version with an i7, a Geforce 840m, and 16gb RAM, but despite it's sweet specs and good looks the build quality is atrocious. It's already lost 3 screws and the track pad has a mind of it's own, I've heard that both the screws and trackpad are common Lenovo issues, so be aware that it might be something that happens to yours too.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

beato posted:

I bought a Lenovo Z50-70 3-4 months ago. I also got the upgraded version with an i7, a Geforce 840m, and 16gb RAM, but despite it's sweet specs and good looks the build quality is atrocious. It's already lost 3 screws and the track pad has a mind of it's own, I've heard that both the screws and trackpad are common Lenovo issues, so be aware that it might be something that happens to yours too.

Thanks, i think i will buy an wireless mouse so there can be minimal trackpad use.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Michael Jackson posted:

Thanks, i think i will buy an wireless mouse so there can be minimal trackpad use.
The loose screws thing is no joke either. Had that in my E540 too. And then I sent it in for a mainboard replacement and it came back like that again. Even some screws for the heatsink were only half in. So, first thing, take of the bottom plate and carefully tighten whatever screw you see. Loose screws can short out your mainboard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Flipperwaldt posted:

The loose screws thing is no joke either. Had that in my E540 too. And then I sent it in for a mainboard replacement and it came back like that again. Even some screws for the heatsink were only half in. So, first thing, take of the bottom plate and carefully tighten whatever screw you see. Loose screws can short out your mainboard!

Seriously? I am glad i took my screwdrivers with me even though this is a vacation at MOM IS HOUSE.