Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Y'know I guess with Animal Crossing being part of the Mario Kart DLC, that would probably be a good time to announce the inevitable Wii U AC + amiibos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

Releasing this track list in 2015 is no longer our priority, please understand

IwaTAAAAAAAAA! *shakesfist*

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
How is the Hori battle pad? Is it quality? It has the seal, so I trust it's good, just didn't know how it felt being used. Thinking of replacing a classic controller or two.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Overemotional Robot posted:

How is the Hori battle pad? Is it quality? It has the seal, so I trust it's good, just didn't know how it felt being used. Thinking of replacing a classic controller or two.

It's really good. I think it' superior to both the original classic controller and the PDP battlepad.

EDIT: Speaking of controllers, is that shotgun wiimote peripheral fun? I was eyeing it for RE4.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 29, 2015

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Speaking of dlc announcements, it's almost April, has there been any word on when Smash is getting Mewtwo, the Miiverse stage, or at least the ability to share custom stages?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tender Bender posted:

Speaking of dlc announcements, it's almost April, has there been any word on when Smash is getting Mewtwo, the Miiverse stage, or at least the ability to share custom stages?

Sakurai mentioned a few days ago that Mewtwo was basically done so I'm sure we'll see something next month.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

Soon, for mewtwo at least. No, we don't know what "Soon" means yet.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's a Direct coming any day now, don't get it twisted.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

A Wii U Animal Crossing will be interesting because New Leaf was so complete already.

I'm thinking maybe they should do a joint release Animal Crossing on both Wii U/3DS, that has crossplay, so you can hang out in your 3DS friends' towns, or vice versa. Maybe fewer limitations (or no limitations) on the Wii U version, like with custom patterns and such. Perhaps a more full-fledged music maker ie Mario Paint? More things you can build in your town? Maybe building on the marketplace street and making it a full fledged area and not just like half of a block party. More ways to decorate your place are always good too.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

I like it. I've been using it for both N64 games on ye olden Wii VC as well as random games that have Classic Controller support such as Mario Kart 8.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Isn't AC a game for 5 year olds?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Waltzing Along posted:

Actually it is a video game appropriate for all ages.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Waltzing Along posted:

No way, it moves way too slowly for a 5 year old. They'd be bored in an hour.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Waltzing Along posted:

It is for everyone.

But yes.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nintendo and Ubisoft are doing a Capcom/Namco Street Fighter vs Tekken type deal, gonna release two AC games simultaneously next year, with each company's interpretation of the two franchises. Assassins Crossing (Nintendo) and Animal's Creed (Ubisoft )

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

greatn posted:

Nintendo and Ubisoft are doing a Capcom/Namco Street Fighter vs Tekken type deal, gonna release two AC games simultaneously next year, with each company's interpretation of the two franchises. Assassins Crossing (Nintendo) and Animal's Creed (Ubisoft )

I'd pay good money to be able climb into Nookdorf Nookman after hours to beat Tom with a Bug Net.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

The same could be said of all Nintendo games. But enough talk, have at you

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Quest For Glory II posted:

The same could be said of all Nintendo games. But enough talk, have at you

What is a Nintendo? *DISC SNAP* A miserable little pile of titles!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Zelda 2: Done.

Huzzah.

Now I get to finish Links Awakening which I am really enjoying.

Thoughts: Zelda 2 gets a deservedly bad rap for being way too loving hard. It has a lot of good, though. Glad I did it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Has anybody heard that Game Freak is working with Sega again to make another game called "TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT" but its going on everything but the Wii U

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Jarogue posted:

Has anybody heard that Game Freak is working with Sega again to make another game called "TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT" but its going on everything but the Wii U
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

creator guy posted:

When I was writing the presentation documents for this game, I drew a mockup poster, and I put the Steam, PlayStation, and Xbox logos at the bottom. It seemed to fit, and it happened to stick that way. We thought about other hardware during development, but our hands were pretty full with those three platforms!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

When is Nintendo going to release the second track list for the Mario Kart DLC.

May 2015. If you knew that, you'd be a fan.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Tatsuta Age posted:

Releasing this track list in 2015 is no longer our priority, please understand

Eat poo poo.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

I would bet money on Mewtwo+a patch adding all the other stuff in hitting in April.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Oh you want Starfox screenshots do you.

Confirmed for Sumnmer: 1968

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SeANMcBAY posted:

Sakurai mentioned a few days ago that Mewtwo was basically done so I'm sure we'll see something next month.

I wonder which of the two will be his Final Smash

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Ronnie posted:

Oh you want Starfox screenshots do you.

Confirmed for Sumnmer: 1968

This is great and I would totally play a Star Fox game styled after Hanna-Barbera.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

less laughter posted:

I wonder which of the two will be his Final Smash

Mewtwo Y since there is Charizard X

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When did Nintendo change their mind on no DLC for Smash Brothers?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I said come in! posted:

I think all they ever said was that they weren't working on or had anything planned besides Mewtwo. Not that they are strictly against DLC. But everyone took it as that.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

the inevitable Wii U AC + amiibos

My poor wallet.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

They always said "No plans", not "No DLC ever".

Subtle difference, hard to spot, so a lot of people ran with the latter rather than the former.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
My understanding is that Mewtwo is this extra detail they wanted to put out as an incentive to get both games, the online tournament and sharing and miiverse stage were all stuff Sakurai wanted to put in but wasn't going to make it in time so it got pushed to be added later on. We should get all that sometime in April and with that Smash For should be completely done with.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
How far out does Nintendo announce their directs? (I'm hoping for one this week because I'm off on Spring Break.)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Usually a day or two before I guess

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm wondering just how they plan on topping the digital media event from last year this time around. You can say that the zeitgeist didn't translate to sales or that it was just reinforcing the "Preaching to the choir" mentality most of the directs are based around. But I don't think you can really call the event itself boring. At least not the segment that immediately followed the Robot Chicken intro.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's really good. I think it' superior to both the original classic controller and the PDP battlepad.

EDIT: Speaking of controllers, is that shotgun wiimote peripheral fun? I was eyeing it for RE4.

Just curious, but what's the reasoning behind it being superior to the PDP version? I've heard some people criticise the c-stick and praise the added analog on the PDP one.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
They should release a PDP Battle Pad that isn't ugly

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just curious, but what's the reasoning behind it being superior to the PDP version? I've heard some people criticise the c-stick and praise the added analog on the PDP one.

I experience a lot of handslipping with the PDP one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

I'll probably end up with one of both anyway since I want to get the Peach one for my daughter and Hori doesn't seem to make one of those.

• Locked thread