Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sorvah
Dec 1, 2014
As I play more some things are starting to irk me, one of the main ones being that the armour mostly seems to look poo poo. I put on a helmet and it was some square open face monstrosity. I looked like a table.

There's also nothing to buy in the Crown Store which is surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sorvah posted:

As I play more some things are starting to irk me, one of the main ones being that the armour mostly seems to look poo poo. I put on a helmet and it was some square open face monstrosity. I looked like a table.

There's also nothing to buy in the Crown Store which is surprising.

Start looking for Motifs to learn different crafting styles. Dunmer medium owns bones.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Yesterday they did a twitch liveshow they announced their schedule for updating the crown store, that they'll be adding more things at the beginning of april and at the start of every month (I'm guessing) is when new crown store items will be added.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Scyantific posted:

Start looking for Motifs to learn different crafting styles. Dunmer medium owns bones.

Are there models that are not hilariously greek inspired ? I don't much care for a huge mohawk/broom on my head.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Fathis Munk posted:

Are there models that are not hilariously greek inspired ? I don't much care for a huge mohawk/broom on my head.

You can mix and match styles for whatever pieces you want. Also ordinator helmets own

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Fathis Munk posted:

This site will have previews of the different appearances in the game : http://eso-fashion.com/

Bacchanalian
Sep 7, 2008
What?
What the hell, lets give this game another try!

@Mulaith requesting invite to Daggerfall Goons.

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

No relation. Your mouth foams. We dance.
Yea, let's give it another go. Just couldn't justify the subscription when it came out. Maybe now this can be something to pick up casually when I got a little spare time.

@LLeGGo EP invite please.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Berke Negri posted:

This site will have previews of the different appearances in the game : http://eso-fashion.com/

Oh yeah, I'm going to mix and match and turn Swole Lizard into the prettiest Lizard.

RayBradberry
Nov 4, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
don't be afraid to try out pvp even at low levels, it's really fun sieging/defending forts in cyrodiil, even if you are a noob like I am. Only thing is it seems like it would be a lot easier to be a ranged character during zerg sieges. I am sword/shield, and there's always a lot of hesitation about whether it's a good idea to jump into a huge fight or not. If you die it can be a long run back

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Bacchanalian posted:

What the hell, lets give this game another try!

@Mulaith requesting invite to Daggerfall Goons.

LLeGGo posted:

Yea, let's give it another go. Just couldn't justify the subscription when it came out. Maybe now this can be something to pick up casually when I got a little spare time.

@LLeGGo EP invite please.
Sent.
You guys will be pleasantly surprised by how the game was improved.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

RayBradberry posted:

don't be afraid to try out pvp even at low levels, it's really fun sieging/defending forts in cyrodiil, even if you are a noob like I am. Only thing is it seems like it would be a lot easier to be a ranged character during zerg sieges. I am sword/shield, and there's always a lot of hesitation about whether it's a good idea to jump into a huge fight or not. If you die it can be a long run back

Yeah I really like WvW in guild wars 2 and this seems kinda like that. Do you get XP for doing that PvP stuff ?

And I was also wondering : how viable is melee in those situations ? I mean my dude is sorc so I guess I can always just sling spells.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
How much money was spent on this game? There's so much detail into a lot of things that I can't help but wonder how much Bethesda/Zenimax invested into this pretty fun train wreck of a game.

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

EP guild invite for @Nullset please? I guess I might as well have some alts in each alliance.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I'm pretty sure I have a VR1? 2? Dragondude from release. What is there to do now? is VR10 still the max? Are quest phases fixed? (I still had a lvl 20-30 quest in my log from a bug).

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Trilin posted:

How much money was spent on this game? There's so much detail into a lot of things that I can't help but wonder how much Bethesda/Zenimax invested into this pretty fun train wreck of a game.

300 million was the figure thrown around prior to launch.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Kiryen posted:

:captainpop:

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Kiryen posted:

Did they even come close to making that much back? I'm sure there's another resurgence of sales but holy poo poo 300 million.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Kiryen posted:

These numbers tend to be absurdly overestimated.

"Analysts" but SWTOR at 250M, but EA stated it was ~75M.

twitch and spasm
Jul 21, 2010
@RFYates need a invite to the Ebonheart guild.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Can I get an invite to lizard pact guild as @orangejuche? Thanks.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

FranktheBank posted:

I'm pretty sure I have a VR1? 2? Dragondude from release. What is there to do now? is VR10 still the max? Are quest phases fixed? (I still had a lvl 20-30 quest in my log from a bug).

PvP, dungeons, trials (12 man raid-likes), other alliance zones quests, still basically the same as release though they've added more dungeons and expanded Craglorn into a full fledged region. VR 14 is now the max but VRs are going away sometime after console release occurs, so possibly in the fall. Quest phases, if you mean quests bugging out and you can't turn them in/complete that has been fixed, yes. Also Cyrodiil got a big buff to experience rewards last week. There's about six (new regions) DLC in the development pipe and can probably count on seeing at least one or two released this year.

edit: VR leveling has been tweaked a lot since release and VR areas are no longer terrible filled with nothing but elite difficulty mobs and exp requirements have been dropped for each VR rank.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 29, 2015

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Berke Negri posted:

PvP, dungeons, trials (12 man raid-likes), other alliance zones quests, still basically the same as release though they've added more dungeons and expanded Craglorn into a full fledged region. VR 14 is now the max but VRs are going away sometime after console release occurs, so possibly in the fall. Quest phases, if you mean quests bugging out and you can't turn them in/complete that has been fixed, yes. Also Cyrodiil got a big buff to experience rewards last week. There's about six (new regions) DLC in the development pipe and can probably count on seeing at least one or two released this year.

edit: VR leveling has been tweaked a lot since release and VR areas are no longer terrible filled with nothing but elite difficulty mobs and exp requirements have been dropped for each VR rank.

Awesome. Does raiding require VR anything? When the VR go away, what are they going to change to? Are we still going to completer quest line in other starting areas? (If this is linked somewhere, just direct me). How is the gearing up for raids? Is it a grind?

Thanks for piquing my interest!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

FranktheBank posted:

Awesome. Does raiding require VR anything? When the VR go away, what are they going to change to? Are we still going to completer quest line in other starting areas? (If this is linked somewhere, just direct me). How is the gearing up for raids? Is it a grind?

Thanks for piquing my interest!

I think you have to at least be VR10 to do trials as they're all in Craglorn, I'm not really sure as I've never been too interested with that. Regular four man dungeons scale to whatever the group leaders level is so dungeon content isn't really tiered like it was before. Once you hit VR1 you can do normal difficulty dungeons and veteran difficulty dungeons and there is now Undaunted dailies that you can do called pledges where you earn rewards for completing normal and veteran difficulty dungeons every day. Some of the rewards include undaunted light/medium/heavy armor, though I don't know how good those are. Obviously you'll need to be VR14 and well geared out to do any kind of competitive trial runs.

As for what will go away when VR is removed, they've already done the first half by introducing the champion system in the last big update. Now you earn champion points which go towards passives and you can earn up to 3600 points. The points are account wide so any progress you make on one VR character benefits other characters on your account.

No one really knows though what Zenimax will do to get rid of VRs, what I remember is that 50 will be the new max level, all previous VR zones will be level 50 (with maybe some alternate difficulty scale) and that they will keep all the up to VR 14 equipment in game but it'd just all be useable at level 50 now. So instead of tiers for VR1-3, 4-6,7-9,10-13, 14, its all just 50 with what was higher VR tiers being now just more rare/expensive but still useable. Future DLC is expected to have level scaling so that it can be done at any level. But there really isn't a whole lot Zenimax has said recently.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

For those of you working with bows here's some essentials:
  • Get Poison Arrow, Arrow Spray, and Scatter Shot ASAP
  • Morph Poison Arrow into Venom Arrow. It's a great ranged attack that also interrupts casters (the ones who telegraph red warning signs), throwing them off-balance and allowing you some time for a heavy attack
  • Morph Arrow Spray into Bombard. Arrow Spray is awesome already because it snares enemies (slowing them down), Bombard takes it up one notch by rooting them in one spot BEFORE applying the snare effect. Great for mobbing
  • Morph Scatter Shot into Magnum Shot. It's a great OHSHIT button for when you need to get some distance between you and your enemy, since in addition to Scatter Shot's original enemy knockback function, it also knocks you back, increasing the distance between you and enemies, or giving you some breathing room against knockback-immune enemies. I use this in combination with Critical Charge from the Two-Handed tree to line up consistent Critical Charges.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Trilin posted:

Did they even come close to making that much back? I'm sure there's another resurgence of sales but holy poo poo 300 million.

I have no idea, although if you sell $60 boxes in the store and sell 5 million copies, that's 300 million right there.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

For everyone with an interest in stealing this may be something worth keeping an eye on. Detailed maps of where guards are, where to find lockboxes, look pretty neat too. Apparently Morrowind cities are next.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
I just bought the game and started the digital download today. I keep getting an "error message 206 failure to unzip" after the initial download. After some googling I tried deleting all of the patch data files and restarting the launcher, as suggested, but still the same error after another DL attempt. I have submitted a ticket but thought I'd see if any of my goon brethren have experienced this and know of a workaround. Estimated ticket response time is 3-5 days :(

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SamEyeAm posted:

I just bought the game and started the digital download today. I keep getting an "error message 206 failure to unzip" after the initial download. After some googling I tried deleting all of the patch data files and restarting the launcher, as suggested, but still the same error after another DL attempt. I have submitted a ticket but thought I'd see if any of my goon brethren have experienced this and know of a workaround. Estimated ticket response time is 3-5 days :(
Sorry, this hasn't happened to me. Maybe someone else has?

I managed to solo all of the bosses in Toothmaul Gully, the VR6 public dungeon for EP players. I was worried I wouldn't be able to, but between careful planning, Critical Surge, Critical Charge, and constantly having my ultimate bar filled to summon my Storm Atronach, I was able to get through all of the dungeon champions, including the Group Challenge boss (which is p much a mandatory group thing) which got me a free skill point. Though, I feel like I kinda cheated a bit by being VR8 going into Cadwell's Gold.

Sorvah
Dec 1, 2014
What are the three symbols in the top left of the interface? They seem to correspond to the tank/healer/DPS symbols in the LFG menu but I can;t work out how they apply to e

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Just heard about this going B2P! Reinstalling.

Probably going to roll a new Ebonheart character to kind of relearn the game. My main was a DW/Sword Board sorc that was pretty fun, though not sure how viable it is at this point anymore.

twitch and spasm
Jul 21, 2010
still need a invite to the EB guild at @RFYates.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Marigi posted:

still need a invite to the EB guild at @RFYates.

I thought I sent you one last night. I'll send it again.

DrNoPants
Jul 28, 2013
can i get an invite to the EB guild @Zanth

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

New VR level, new armor.

old:

new:

5/5 with the Seducer set for the 8% magicka cost reduction and then 4/5 of the Death's Wind set when sword and shield are equipped because I can't craft anything more interesting yet.

Tsarbomb
Oct 14, 2008

Take us out of the system, but not too quickly. The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
I have to say, I've enjoyed the 4 man dungeons so far. The combat can get pretty hectic at times, especially against bosses, but it is really fun.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
If they really buffed Cyrodiil XP I'd be scared to see what it was before. I headed in there when I hit 10 and only found ultra-tanky mobs that rewarded 50xp a kill, which is poo poo compared to PVE mobs that die in 4 hits and reward 40xp a kill.

It's extremely disappointing, especially considering I had the impression it'd be like battlegrounds in DAOC (mobs gave tons of XP to entice people to level there, so it was often the "fastest" way to level if you could stay alive).

Munaus
Jan 10, 2015
if you're low level (below 17) and enjoy blacksmithing and doing certificate writs quests, then do not advance your rank to steel!
I did this and now I can't do any further quests until I travel to Stormhaven (I'm with the covenant) to get the high iron ores. gently caress

another note to myself: don't stop in dungeons to read from bookshelves.
why did they put bookshelves where enemies spawn :(

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Munaus posted:

if you're low level (below 17) and enjoy blacksmithing and doing certificate writs quests, then do not advance your rank to steel!
I did this and now I can't do any further quests until I travel to Stormhaven (I'm with the covenant) to get the high iron ores. gently caress

another note to myself: don't stop in dungeons to read from bookshelves.
why did they put bookshelves where enemies spawn :(

Um, read every bookshelf!!! I've gotten so many skillup's from bookshelves. I check them religiously. Who cares if you out level the crafting for your area because of it. Read read read.

Ah man, its my day off and the server is down. This is a serious case of the booourns. Anyone have a rough guess of how long it usually takes for the servers to come back up? It's been about 3 hours so far.

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munaus
Jan 10, 2015

NuckmasterJ posted:

Um, read every bookshelf!!! I've gotten so many skillup's from bookshelves. I check them religiously. Who cares if you out level the crafting for your area because of it. Read read read.

it sounds like you're not really reading, just quickly glancing to get the skill levels. I enjoy reading every page on any book I can get my hands on.
This makes me a bad person for grouping

not that I care, I'm going solo

also, is COD and mail a common thing with MMOs?
I used to quickly group people so I could find them to trade motifs, until someone told me I can mail them instead.

• Locked thread