Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I like the idea of NZ winning as I think they would appreciate it more. On the other hand, we would have to put up with hearing about it in this thread for at least the next four years. They still haven't stopped bringing up Hobart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Doctor Cave posted:

I like the idea of NZ winning as I think they would appreciate it more. On the other hand, we would have to put up with hearing about it in this thread for at least the next four years. They still haven't stopped bringing up Hobart.

I want NZ to win because 9 million posters that have never shown their face in this thread before won't turn up if they do.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I'm hoping for an absolute bloodbath with hopefully Dave Warner being an absolute prick and scoring a ton. Also a Watto hat trick.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

monkeu posted:

I'm hoping for an absolute bloodbath with hopefully Dave Warner being an absolute prick and scoring a ton. Also a Watto hat trick.

You spend a lot of time alone, dreaming up elaborate conversations where you get one over on people that accidentally bumped into you on the street.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

I want NZ to win because 9 million posters that have never shown their face in this thread before won't turn up if they do.

Not in mah cricket thread :mad:

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010

Wandle Cax posted:

Nah, Jeremy Mike and Paul are actually going to be at the MCG watching the game I believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQFbUUPrJTM

We'll always have the scenes, the absolute scenes.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Doctor Cave posted:

Aus has been dodging us since Hobart.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Anyone else going to the game today?

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Shmoses posted:

Anyone else going to the game today?

I would but like $600 for 2 goodish tickets yeah nah m8

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

NZ's keys to success:

Score more than 330 runs
Take 4 wickets before the 20th over blah blah blah

Australia's key to success:

Watto

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Holy poo poo, they've already closed of most of Queen St in anticipation of the pandemonium.

Or it could be for a triathlon, I can't really tell.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Time for a three hour nap.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

On Wednesday my mate went online, picked up two standing tickets for the mcg for au$90 a ticket, then booked flights to Melbourne from Wellington via Auckland and Sydney for like $1200. Then he rang his wife and said that he was going to the game his mate [not her, or me] as this was a once in a life time thing and I had to listen to one side of a phone call for ten minutes as his wife ripped into him.

Sports!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Reckon skygo will crash again?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I'm a bit like Hume, who I barrack for is going to depend on what happens in the match.

serious gaylord posted:

stop the posts
you post here we most here
crickland for the criclish

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Is it on prime again?

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

fong posted:

NZ's keys to success:

Score more than 330 runs
Take 4 wickets before the 20th over blah blah blah

Australia's key to success:

Watto

Maxwell :colbert:

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
I'm making GBS threads myself today. This may or may not be related to the upcoming final.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Varkk posted:

Is it on prime again?

Yes at 4:30pm NZ time

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Sorry if this is a repeat, I was bummed out after the SA loss and didn't feel like reading 1200 new posts - is http://guerillacricket.com a decent substitute for the acc?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
When they first started as Test Match Sofa this thread loved them but now this thread hates them so probably not. The commentary is honestly mostly people reading out tweets, at least that's what it used to be like, maybe it changed.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Hasn't anyone told her that her dad is in poo poo form and obviously needs to be dropped?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Brett824 posted:

Hasn't anyone told her that her dad is in poo poo form and obviously needs to be dropped?

Careful, there are like 3 people in this thread who are really precious about Ross Taylor

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

fong posted:

Careful, there are like 3 people in this thread who are really precious about Ross Taylor

No it's just you're really dumb and even a woefully out of form Ross Taylor is so far ahead of any alternative option that it's ludicrous to suggest he should be dropped.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ATDCHt-hSk

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

No pressure guys, but "Terminally ill Martin Crowe says World Cup final could be 'last game I see' "

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/28/terminally-ill-martin-crowe-world-cup

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I'm gonna miss the first hour and a half so I really hope Australia bat first and I get to see the BMAC ATTACK

Also because I want to see us lose

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
On my way to the MCG as a proud Aussie ready to support NZ!

Pudding Space
Mar 19, 2014
I had absolutely no idea about this... gently caress cancer.

New Zealand’s former captain Martin Crowe, who is terminally ill with lymphoma, has penned a moving tribute to his countrymen ahead of Sunday’s World Cup final.

Along with the Cairns boys, and the great Sir Richard Hadlee (who suffered an appalling and undeserved barrage of poo poo by terry-towling clad Aussie crowds back in the day), and Dan Vettori, you just assume these guys can spend a few well earned decades getting free beers, and commentary jobs to top up the retirement fund. Crowe is someone I've seen play, on one of those days you treasure when your Dad took you to a game.

I'm looking forward to this afternoon, but I hope he gets a nod at the end of the day, no matter who wins.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I have a lot of mixed feelings about this tbh. Stuff like a small nation loving over the big nations would be hilarious (if only NZ could have also beaten India on the way to the final) and Martin Crowe makes me as a sporting fan think it would be best for NZ to win. Plus they are a good natured bunch of talented cricketers.

The Australian in me wants Australia to bat first and score 400 runs and bowl NZ out for 20...so its quite the battle.

Australia winning would be funnier too.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Being the idiot I am I agreed to work a 7 hour shift starting at 3 this afternoon. So pretty much the entire match

:sigh:

Conversely, I managed to swap my 8.30-6.00 for 7.30-2.30 woop woop :dance:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Australia winning would be funnier too.

It really wouldn't though, the meltdown across Australia would be unmatched anywhere in the world. I mean cricket here is dying but people still have the expectation we'll still win everything

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

No it's just you're really dumb and even a woefully out of form Ross Taylor is so far ahead of any alternative option that it's ludicrous to suggest he should be dropped.

This.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

I am feeling so conflicted about this. Normally I would want Australia to win, and a part of me still does, but a bigger part of me is started to want New Zealand to win. It would be such a huge thing for them, and the game of cricket overall.

Is this what cognitive dissonance is like? I don't know what's happening to me :psyboom:

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Brett824 posted:

The other special gameday message from his son Jonty warns him three times about getting runout, and also calls him a oval office.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

dusty posted:

The other special gameday message from his son Jonty warns him three times about getting runout, and also calls him a oval office.

What's Jonty's username here

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Pudding Space posted:

I had absolutely no idea about this... gently caress cancer.

New Zealand’s former captain Martin Crowe, who is terminally ill with lymphoma, has penned a moving tribute to his countrymen ahead of Sunday’s World Cup final.

Along with the Cairns boys, and the great Sir Richard Hadlee (who suffered an appalling and undeserved barrage of poo poo by terry-towling clad Aussie crowds back in the day), and Dan Vettori, you just assume these guys can spend a few well earned decades getting free beers, and commentary jobs to top up the retirement fund. Crowe is someone I've seen play, on one of those days you treasure when your Dad took you to a game.

I'm looking forward to this afternoon, but I hope he gets a nod at the end of the day, no matter who wins.

From the article: "Crowe said he had decided against chemotherapy and was instead trying natural treatments."

Dude's a goner :(

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

This is good btw

Pudding Space
Mar 19, 2014
Melbourne weather is pretty much perfect according to the BOM. Over 90000 - possibly a record breaking crowd - that's something you want to turn up your speakers to hear. You win the toss - bat first or bowl first? Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

If Australia win the toss, they will bat. Don't know what NZ would do, they've done well with chasing during the WC.