Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

Nice comment. David.

Man who complains about people using real life information to attack him, attacks someone using real life information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Anidav posted:

Nice comment. David.

Jesus Christ get a good phone

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

SKY COQ posted:

Jesus Christ get a good phone

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Gough Suppressant posted:

Wilson tuckey was a fine MP after beating an indigenous guy half to death in his pub, even taking the nickname "ironbar" as a point of pride

Yes, but it could be used to prevent green candidates from running after they've been arrested fifty times for protesting.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:fsmug:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Splode posted:

Yes, but it could be used to prevent green candidates from running after they've been arrested fifty times for protesting.

Good, those splitters lead to mike Baird being reelected.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

I love telling fuckwits that my third generation Australian parents never once sang our national anthem in school

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
I wonder if that person is aware that's the pledge of allegiance to the US

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Murodese posted:

I wonder if that person is aware that's the pledge of allegiance to the US

You wonder, Really?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Splode posted:

It's the same with voting, IMO.

Stop a corrupt state gaming the system any more than they already do.

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

QUACKTASTIC posted:

I have a substantially shorter piece for you right here.

What Keating (and anyone with any sense) knew way before the election:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0_BSI6GrZw

"I used to regard him as the resident nutter..."

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Cartoon posted:

I do hope that 20% + swings against them and losing to the Greens causes the Nationals to rethink being in a lockstep coalition with the commanders of Mordor.

quote:

Deputy Nationals leader Barnaby Joyce has blamed preference flows and the retirement of one of the party’s long-serving MPs for losing two seats to the Greens in the NSW election, but has so far dismissed coal seam gas as a factor
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...b-1227283362141

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

makes you think

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Change the national anthem to a sweet instrumental sole. You know not any particular instrument or piece, just what ever someone had on hand and felt like playing for a bit.

A decades old rigidly structure piece of music, hopelessly antiquated even when it was first introduced can't ever hope to properly represent the perpetually changing nature of a healthy and progressive country and its stupid to think it can. A song in permanently change is the only true way to accurately represent the necessity of a country to be ever changing and adapting to its people and the world around it. :350: :australia: :350:

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 29, 2015

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
If you missed Indian take-away chat FriendlyJordies has you covered https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwgjVzkT-I

Looking forward to his nut milk vid next month.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Oh wow, the comments section on Billy Gordon's facebook page are so vile and racist that I don't even have the balls to post extracts.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

dr_rat posted:

Change the national anthem to a sweet instrumental sole. You know not any particular instrument or piece, just what ever someone had on hand and felt like playing for a bit.

A decades old rigidly structure piece of music, hopelessly antiquated even when it was first introduced can't ever hope to properly represent the perpetually changing nature of a healthy and progressive country and its stupid to think it can. A song in permanently change is the only true way to accurately represent the necessity of a country to be ever changing and adapting to its people and the world around it. :350: :australia: :350:

4:33 for the national anthem

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Gentleman Baller posted:

If you missed Indian take-away chat FriendlyJordies has you covered https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwgjVzkT-I

Looking forward to his nut milk vid next month.

but...

butter chicken is great

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

ahahahahahaha

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

GoldStandardConure posted:

but...

butter chicken is great

:siren: aspirational voter detected! :siren:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Orion by metallica for national anthem.

T-1000
Mar 28, 2010

katlington posted:

Call of Ktulu by metallica for national anthem.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.
This should be the national anthem, just to annoy the crap out of the Tories every time it's played: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHONW4zkDXs

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

DAAS Kapitalist posted:

This should be the national anthem, just to annoy the crap out of the Tories every time it's played: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHONW4zkDXs

yesssss

or something by a Russian Choir (I don't fkn care that they're russian mate) because everything they sing is awesome in the extreme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MzvETrLJFk

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7pmJTFUFuc

Australia.flv

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfaYJcRO2jQ

This is more like it.

:henget:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

:vomarine:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IS Logan like Broadmeadows or more like Bendigo?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...h-1227279620109

Courier Mail posted:

Muslim leaders told not to enter venue of public meeting opposing Logan mosque

MUSLIM leaders have been told they are not welcome at a public meeting opposing a new mosque at Slacks Creek in Logan.

In a letter to Imam Akram Buksh, President of Logan City Safe Communities Rod Shaw said many attendees to the invitation only event on April 8 had requested no Muslims be present as they regarded the meeting as “confidentially for Australians”.

Mr Shaw said no Muslims would be invited and that no Muslims were to enter the venue.

He said “authentic Australians” now had to take extraordinary steps to protect communities from threats posed by Islam.

“We Australians are now rejecting the Islamic cultural and political realities of Sharia (law) and Jihad which have invaded our land under the guise of friendship,’’ Mr Shaw said in the letter.

“As the exceptional facts of political and militant Islam are quickly becoming known, authentic Australians are increasing opposing the proliferation of mosques.”

Spokesman for the new mosque, Ali Kadri, said Mr Shaw’s response to a request to attend the meeting was sad.

He said he had hoped to be given the opportunity to “counter any misinformation and fear” anyone had about the new mosque.

“Mosques have been a part of Queensland for a long time and they have never been a threat to Australia,” Mr Kadri said.

In his letter, Mr Shaw said his committee was happy to meet with Imam Buksh to share their concerns about “future-proofing Logan City from the now obvious Islamic problems and issues”.

But Mr Kadri said he was awaiting a reply from Mr Shaw to a request for a private meeting.

Attempts to contact Mr Shaw on Thursday were unsuccessful.

Earlier this month the News revealed 2500 leaflets had been distributed by Logan City Safe Communities calling for residents to oppose the new mosque.

Mr Shaw said the solution to “problems” with Islam was “less Islam, a sentiment reiterated in his latest letter to Imam Buksh.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly given that living in Logan is like taking place in a mini race war every day of your life I'm surprised we haven't had any local muslims turn up dead yet :(

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

Jumpingmanjim posted:

makes you think

the only way that could be better is if the top line was "did our aussies die defending our constitution..."

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Murodese posted:

the only way that could be better is if the top line was "did our aussies die defending our constitution..."

A reverse image search shows it's a WW1 photo of Gallipoli. Image actually shows the pointlessness of war and how excessive nationalism purposely built up by the ruling classes for their own ends, often leads to needless violence and death.

Also that Australian schools really suck at teaching world war one history apparently.

Edit:

Haha, the bastard that made this couldn't even remember the Gallipoli legend properly, that the Australian diggers managed to look past their prejudices of the enemy soldiers who they were facing (Turkey soldiers, so very likely vast majority Muslim) and formed a great mutual respect and admiration with them. This part I KNOW was taught in every bloody high school in the country.

So respectful of our diggers they couldn't even be bothered to remember a loving thing about them.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Mar 29, 2015

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Australian approach to history education in primary and high school is that sending a bunch of young Australian men and women to kill strangers and die overseas was fundamental to the formation of our awesome crocodile Dundee awesome digger national awesome identity, strewth. And that even though the British stabbed us in the back Australia still essentially won ww1 and ww2 and Vietnam and true blue yee haw diggers diggers diggers blood blood blood!!! Love that flag

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Don't blame the schools. Parents who failed to raise decent human beings who actually want to learn are the culprits here

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

dr_rat posted:

A reverse image search shows it's a WW1 photo of Gallipoli. Image actually shows the pointlessness of war and how excessive nationalism purposely built up by the ruling classes for their own ends, often leads to needless violence and death.

Also that Australian schools really suck at teaching world war one history apparently.

Edit:

Haha, the bastard that made this couldn't even remember the Gallipoli legend properly, that the Australian diggers managed to look past their prejudices of the enemy soldiers who they were facing (Turkey soldiers, so very likely vast majority Muslim) and formed a great mutual respect and admiration with them. This part I KNOW was taught in every bloody high school in the country.

So respectful of our diggers they couldn't even be bothered to remember a loving thing about them.

I didn't get told that in school :shrug:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Gough Suppressant posted:

I didn't get told that in school :shrug:

Than by deduction you did not go to school in this country.

Also you're racists.

Yep... my argument still holds. :colbert:

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Australian approach to history education in primary and high school is that sending a bunch of young Australian men and women to kill strangers and die overseas was fundamental to the formation of our awesome crocodile Dundee awesome digger national awesome identity, strewth. And that even though the British stabbed us in the back Australia still essentially won ww1 and ww2 and Vietnam and true blue yee haw diggers diggers diggers blood blood blood!!! Love that flag

I'm paying $121 to camp outside on ANZAC day just like the Diggers did.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
anyway shitboxes from $9990

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Seagull posted: