Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok I found the next boss. Paarl looks loving raaaad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am now fully lost after beating Paarl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nevermind.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zen death robot posted:

The new ps4 update that lets you suspend the game when you put it in 'rest mode' and then pick up exactly where you left off is great for this game

mine keeps kicking me to the title screen

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

the hitboxes in this game, god drat

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
parrying was a lot easier for me when I realized I had to shoot them during the damage frames of their attack and not during the wind-up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

wierd after the 2.50 update i can use it like pause, and it loads up faster than booting the game like normal too

It works for me but when I load in it often hasn't connected to the Internet just yet so bloodborne gives me a "you have been disconnected" and boots me to the title screen

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Question for those who are further than me: does the second tombstone only have the witches fight? I can't find another path in that area and it seems crazy short

yes
but it also has a secret area that you can only activate doing a different secret area thing
and it's loving epic :)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

The new ps4 update that lets you suspend the game when you put it in 'rest mode' and then pick up exactly where you left off is great for this game

agreed
but get this - i only found it out because i tapped the power "button" with my palm accidentally and my ps4 went into rest and i freaked out

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
turns out there was a yurt situation lol
ive unintentionally dead-ended a quest because of it. There was another quest that I hosed up and failed but it can be done after 3 bosses so I can get it on NG+ easy

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
If you want to level up something else, in stead

Dec 26, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

If you want to level up something else, in stead

is bloodtinge or arcane worth it at all past a few points? i mean i was gonna go str+skill anyway because i always have fun with quality builds but i havent seen anything solid for them yet, though im still not too far

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

01011001 posted:

is bloodtinge or arcane worth it at all past a few points? i mean i was gonna go str+skill anyway because i always have fun with quality builds but i havent seen anything solid for them yet, though im still not too far

You don't get any magic till late in the game but the magic you do get is some crazy poo poo

Dec 26, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

You don't get any magic till late in the game but the magic you do get is some crazy poo poo

second playthrough maybe then. are there really good guns that go along with bloodtinge or does that just kinda hang out

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

i got an epic item that requires 40 arcane... and im getting that fucker upt o 40 if it kills me

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

second playthrough maybe then. are there really good guns that go along with bloodtinge or does that just kinda hang out

the highest requirement is 18 and guns arent really a damage thing but you can socket bloodtinge scaling into poo poo if u dare

Dec 26, 2012

good to know

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

that worthless gamer needs to get good at souls games. what a bitch

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.
eat all three umbilical cords and kill a baby for a secret boss

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

*in extremely weak voice* abuhhhhh hold my hand

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.

NickRoweFillea posted:

*in extremely weak voice* abuhhhhh hold my hand

maybe he should ask in games

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
is he trying to be funny idk i refuse to believe anyone flails so wildly at cleric beast

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

hubris.height posted:

is he trying to be funny idk i refuse to believe anyone flails so wildly at cleric beast

serious business gaming twitter doesnt do irony

Dec 26, 2012

hubris.height posted:

i mean if you try to parry it like normal monsters its not gonna work and it sounds like he was mostly doing that. cleric beast can be nasty if you have one of the less good weapons for it, i struggled with the cane before i found the saw-spear and beat it in like one more try

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

01011001 posted:

i mean if you try to parry it like normal monsters its not gonna work and it sounds like he was mostly doing that. cleric beast can be nasty if you have one of the less good weapons for it, i struggled with the cane before i found the saw-spear and beat it in like one more try

I thought you could parry the Cleric Beast if you shoot it in the head during certain attacks, just don't remember which ones. You can do the same to Amygdala when he opens up his head sphincters to shoot poison at you and then visceral attack him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

You can, Cleric Beast is really easy if you just don't stand in front of him though, really.

This is true of every boss in every souls game

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Real hurthling! posted:

mine keeps kicking me to the title screen

Yeah, it doesn't seem to work for me either.

Anyway I accidentally hit the L2 button when I put my controller down and shot and killed the old man in the wheelchair in the dream house, I turned of my ps4 and reverted it but part of me wonder what would've happened if I didn't.

Dec 26, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

I thought you could parry the Cleric Beast if you shoot it in the head during certain attacks, just don't remember which ones. You can do the same to Amygdala when he opens up his head sphincters to shoot poison at you and then visceral attack him.

yeah, its just that you dont always have a clear shot at his head so if you just try to do it after any old attack youre gonna get clobbered

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Blood Starved Beast was easy and I'm kinda sad cause his music and look was cool. Fun fight still though.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Sharkopath posted:

Blood Starved Beast was easy and I'm kinda sad cause his music and look was cool. Fun fight still though.

Blood Starved Beast was easy but I still died like seven times to him just because his one attack where he would catch me and eat me, killing me instantly.

I always had like one or two attacks left on him too.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fredrik1 posted:

Blood Starved Beast was easy but I still died like seven times to him just because his one attack where he would catch me and eat me, killing me instantly.

I always had like one or two attacks left on him too.

Once you can't parry him anymore I just kept dodging to the left and following up with a two handed jump attack on the hunters axe. If you hit him from behind it staggers him for a second.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Sharkopath posted:

Once you can't parry him anymore I just kept dodging to the left and following up with a two handed jump attack on the hunters axe. If you hit him from behind it staggers him for a second.

you can also throw a blood jar or whatever and he'll go after it, then it's easy to backstab him

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I was fighting one of the bag guys in the cult town and my sound cut out and then came back five times louder in the middle of one of their attack screams.

Bloodborne Horror Game Of All Time.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
how covenants work in this game is a lot better than in the other games

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Sharkopath posted:

I was fighting one of the bag guys in the cult town and my sound cut out and then came back five times louder in the middle of one of their attack screams.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

The music in that area is extremely spooky

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
wait you can parry the Blood Starved Beast? I just kinda stayed behind it and slashed it until it died.

Also checking out the Healing Church Workshop, there's something making a bunch of noise at the bottom but I cant see it and I'm not sure if I can survive the fall to the bottom.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
lmao snake head guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

how covenants work in this game is a lot better than in the other games
its cool but its real disappointing theres only 3 of them and theyre all kind of the same. ds2 had so many sick covenants