Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So this local dumbass has been trying to set up a "street crew" as he calls it. A group for street racing and undermining the ability of the police to stop them. I think he's watched the FatF too many times. well anyways, he decided to call his little group the OUTLAWS. Now despite numerous warnings that the Outlaws Bike Club might take issue with his use of the name, he soldiered on, talked massive poo poo about them, called them a bunch of pussies and said "they don't own a copyright on the name."

He just posted about how his car was stolen today and whomever did it "IS GUNNA FUCKIN PAY!" A few of us said it was probably the real Outlaws and he's lucky they didn't kick the poo poo out of them and his response was continued taunts and threats towards them. And then someone added an Outlaw to the group. He posted "It's on bitch" on the status and the entire post is now gone and the originator of this entertaining drama has now deactivated his Facebook.

Stupid people are very entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Senior Funkenstien posted:

Really wanna buy a 900 dollar 1999 Chevy Malibu that according to the CL ad Runs Really rough. Someone please stop me .

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/4938824607.html

These cars are awful. Definitely not worth 900 bucks. "The car you knew America could build". Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

edit:

Rhyno posted:

So this local dumbass has been trying to set up a "street crew" as he calls it. A group for street racing and undermining the ability of the police to stop them. I think he's watched the FatF too many times. well anyways, he decided to call his little group the OUTLAWS. Now despite numerous warnings that the Outlaws Bike Club might take issue with his use of the name, he soldiered on, talked massive poo poo about them, called them a bunch of pussies and said "they don't own a copyright on the name."

He just posted about how his car was stolen today and whomever did it "IS GUNNA FUCKIN PAY!" A few of us said it was probably the real Outlaws and he's lucky they didn't kick the poo poo out of them and his response was continued taunts and threats towards them. And then someone added an Outlaw to the group. He posted "It's on bitch" on the status and the entire post is now gone and the originator of this entertaining drama has now deactivated his Facebook.

Stupid people are very entertaining.

Are you for real with this poo poo. Sometimes man.....

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlesM posted:

These cars are awful. Definitely not worth 900 bucks. "The car you knew America could build". Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

edit:

Are you for real with this poo poo. Sometimes man.....

I was added to a group called "260 Underground" because of my involvement with Cars & Coffee. It's 90% douchebag, posturing and talk of racing. I'd have jumped out but the hilarity has kept me in the group. Last year a guy did a hit & run and bragged about it in the group and people were actually praising him for having the sense to flee.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Got some beers and steak sandwiches with my little brother tonight (and got news that his profit sharing last year was really good, queue older brother being really proud), got home in time to kiss the 6 week old goodnight and tuck him in and now I'm drinking a fun seasonal hef and watching the start of the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Sometimes life fires on all cylinders, I hope you're all well too :)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's my birthday.

It's 7pm.

I'm at a video game bar that's literally underground in Nagoya.

Life is awesome.

No items. Fox only. Final Destination.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Cross posting from my thread.

Got a postcard! All the way from the U. S. of A., more specifically the proud, beautiful, zero sales tax, weird gas pumpin' laws, state of Oregon:

Thanks, blk! I actually never made it to Portland, but if I do, the Japanese Garden just made the list. By the way, did you ever pair up the headset? I made a little easter egg for you, so do that and post a screenshot... :)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

I was added to a group called "260 Underground" because of my involvement with Cars & Coffee. It's 90% douchebag, posturing and talk of racing. I'd have jumped out but the hilarity has kept me in the group. Last year a guy did a hit & run and bragged about it in the group and people were actually praising him for having the sense to flee.

Sometimes stupid people are just too entertaining to not watch. I got added to the '865 Euro' group which is 90% stanced volkswagens and idiots. They're having a car show today and I'm tempted to go and watch the stupidity in person. There's a couple people that autocross in the group that I'm friends with but other than that I expect a lot of people doing stupid things in cars. On the other hand maybe I can sell the 928 off to one of the idiots.

Tempted to see if I can find someone to trade a TDI swapped VW Caddy pickup for the 928.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 29, 2015

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I stay in a few of the offroad and offroad parts trading groups I've been added to for the same reasons. Rednecks threaten fights at the drop of a hat and watching it is amusing.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I've added a few of you to the group here in Iowa. Its so loving hilarious, I just spend my time trolling them. Offer them actual advice on how to fix a car? Nah bra, its the turbine.

Its mostly rednecks with every day trucks that look like every one else's, or stanced 350z

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Phone posted:

It's my birthday.

It's 7pm.

I'm at a video game bar that's literally underground in Nagoya.

Life is awesome.

No items. Fox only. Final Destination.

Happy birthday jerk!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I've added a few of you to the group here in Iowa. Its so loving hilarious, I just spend my time trolling them. Offer them actual advice on how to fix a car? Nah bra, its the turbine.

Its mostly rednecks with every day trucks that look like every one else's, or stanced 350z

God, I'd hoped the roads here had kept the stance cancer away.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Liquid Communism posted:

I was at a cars and coffee event a couple weeks ago. There were a couple "stance" cars there and all I could think about is "WHY DID YOU DELIBERATELY BREAK YOUR CAR, MORON?"

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Liquid Communism posted:

Nothing will keep it at bay. One of my old neighbors was a hellaflush idiot, and he had a bumper sticker that said, "I'm not drunk, I'm just avoiding potholes."

T-Square
May 14, 2009

For the record, as a long-time hater of Vettel, I must say that I am quite happy with that race result. Would have been more interesting if Nasr didn't slice Raikkonen's tire. :argh:

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

T-Square posted:

For the record, as a long-time hater of Vettel, I must say that I am quite happy with that race result. Would have been more interesting if Nasr didn't slice Raikkonen's tire. :argh:

Also a Vettel hater, that race gives me hope that this season won't be all boring garbage with two cars running away. If Kimi didn't get his tire cut we probably would have seen both Ferraris on podium. A season long battle between Mercedes and Ferrari would be wonderful.

IndyCar's first race of the season is this afternoon, watch it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

SFH1989 posted:

Also a Vettel hater, that race gives me hope that this season won't be all boring garbage with two cars running away. If Kimi didn't get his tire cut we probably would have seen both Ferraris on podium. A season long battle between Mercedes and Ferrari would be wonderful.

I don't have a lot of F1 hope, I think Mercedes just got their poo poo mixed up today. I hope it's not a 1-team season again, though.

IndyCar? Isn't that the series that has all the guys from the IndyCar series in the '90s running parade laps and crashing into each other?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I'm very very conflicted about cheering on either i) Vettel, ii) Ferrari. But I don't want the merc berks running away with the championship.
Those toro rosso rookies are going pretty well too.
e:Shame about lotus again, and williams taking a step backwards

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 29, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I spent most of the weekend in London and I saw:

So many Bentley GTs. One road in Chelsea I walked down there were 4 parked within 200m in varying levels of 'I have more cash than you' trim.
Toyota Priuseseseseses out the arse. So loving many.
Too many 'Minis'.
A couple of super loving cool Mercedes 250s, the oooold ones.
A Toyota Sera parked up near the Bentley GTs in 'megabucks road' which was odd.
Several super cool original Fiat 500s including one with positive camber on the rear wheels which looked scary.
and a dude driving around in a BMW 2002...

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Ended up in a bar surrounded by Mongols last night.

That was certainly an experience.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Liquid Communism posted:

I wish it did. But then the bro trucks still run around, which need to go away. And white sunglasses.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

Oh, you're a welder?

:saddowns:

Hey err, want to teach someone how to weld?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I've got the moto-shakes. I want a motorcycle in a bad way. The miata just doesn't scratch the itch. I was thinking of a ninja 650, since they're an awesome DD kind of bike.
My old bike :3:

That's right, I'm commander Shepard, and this is my favorite bike on the citadel :shepface:

E: Oh holky gently caress. 650, by honda, 4 cylinder, sex sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDfmxMuPi4s

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 29, 2015

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Cakefool posted:

You are welcome to bring supplies (scrap metal, beer) and teach yourself with my MIG in my garage. I can offer hints which may or may not help ;)

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Cakefool posted:

I weld with electrons :smugdog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX9tvdTEAEo

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Tomarse posted:

You are welcome to bring supplies (scrap metal, beer) and teach yourself with my MIG in my garage. I can offer hints which may or may not help ;)

Once you get the hang of it, welding is a ton of fun. Especially mig, the consumables are pretty cheap if you do flux core then your not loving with a bottle. I am already putting together ideas for a cycle car. I have been itching for something to just throw together.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Going toe-to-toe with insurance company tomorrow, hopefully they will make things right.

Backstory -- had an accident 9 hours from home 6 weeks ago, $12k damage. Had to use 'recommended' shop since insurance wouldn't tow the car back home for repairs. Picked car up last weekend, total lack of attention to detail in repairs was immediately apparent. Insurance advised me to bring vehicle home if it was safe to drive, make a punchlist (a full page of bullets), they would send an adjuster to my bodyshop of choice and make things right. Most issues on the list are small, but the paintwork is a mess (they had to repaint the entire car after the accident). It looks like they didn't properly detail the car prior to painting (lots of pine trees involved in the accident), then noticed the debris in the paint and tried to wetsand it out. Tons of orange peel, raised spots in paint, swirl marks.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

SFH1989 posted:

My three favorite drivers are Kimi, Jenson, and Fernando. So pretty much Kimi is my only hope this year. All of the rookies this year have been pretty surprising so far, discounting Ericsson's dumb move in turn 1 today (yesterday?).

Fo3 posted:

I'm very very conflicted about cheering on either i) Vettel, ii) Ferrari. But I don't want the merc berks running away with the championship.
Those toro rosso rookies are going pretty well too.
e:Shame about lotus again, and williams taking a step backwards

Lotus can suck it since not paying their employees a couple of years ago, and also Maldonado is hilariously bad. I still get all excited over Williams though, because they're the only team with a cool livery, and they were totally okay with Massa and Bottas racing each other in the last two laps. Also, Bottas is another cool, emotionless Finn, so he's good in my book.

T-Square fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 29, 2015

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Tomarse posted:

I'll add "take you up on this" to the improbably large list of things I'm looking forward to when I've moved back stokeways. I also want to see your 101.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Once you get the hang of it, welding is a ton of fun. Especially mig, the consumables are pretty cheap if you do flux core then your not loving with a bottle. I am already putting together ideas for a cycle car. I have been itching for something to just throw together.
Speedhunters is having a bike engined car feature at the moment, it isn't helping my itch to attempt to build something. MIG is a blast once you get your settings right and figure out proper speed and start laying proper beads. I need to pull my welder back out and make something one of these weekends.

Took my brother and his wife out in the M5 to show them what makes the car special. Between him laughing and her giggling I think they enjoyed it. It may not be fast compared to modern cars but it is a blast to drive and builds speed as quickly as the 928 in a comfortable family car body. I forgot to get acceleration videos that someone asked for, will try to remember next time I take it out.

Fired up the grill for the first time this season...forgot just how much better everything tastes off the grill. Made basic chicken for this week and forgot to pick up burgers or steak, won't make that mistake next weekend.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Fluxcore is also dirty as gently caress and not as strong. GMAW is fun, but GTAW is where it's at.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

NitroSpazzz posted:

Fired up the grill for the first time this season...forgot just how much better everything tastes off the grill. Made basic chicken for this week and forgot to pick up burgers or steak, won't make that mistake next weekend.

umm grill year around

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Went to the St.Pete Grand Prix and the Trophy Trucks stole the show, worth the price of admission alone.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

iwentdoodie posted:

Fluxcore is also dirty as gently caress and not as strong. GMAW is fun, but GTAW is where it's at.

I just don't have the proper set up for TIG right now. I really need some proper 240v service, to get both my compressor and a couple of welders on. Once we buy a house and get some space, I will be getting a TIG welder and a Plasma Cutter. As much fun as the car poo poo is, I am getting a little bored with it. Maybe its the expenses or just burnt out, which is why I am turning towards motorcycles and small engine poo poo. I don't know if its necessarily cheaper, but its still fun. Maybe just because the whole drive something slow fast.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

go3 posted:

umm grill year around
I do but during the summer I grill at least twice a week and make most meals on the grill. Winter I'll do it once or twice a month but usually resort to slow cooker meals.

leica posted:

Went to the St.Pete Grand Prix and the Trophy Trucks stole the show, worth the price of admission alone.
I keep forgetting about the St. Pete race, have family very close to the race location and they keep bugging me to come down for a week or two. Just seeing the trophy trucks going around the road course on three wheels would be worth the drive down.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I just don't have the proper set up for TIG right now. I really need some proper 240v service, to get both my compressor and a couple of welders on. Once we buy a house and get some space, I will be getting a TIG welder and a Plasma Cutter. As much fun as the car poo poo is, I am getting a little bored with it. Maybe its the expenses or just burnt out, which is why I am turning towards motorcycles and small engine poo poo. I don't know if its necessarily cheaper, but its still fun. Maybe just because the whole drive something slow fast.
I tend to alternate between cars and bikes every few years. Bikes are pretty nice because they are so easy to work on and cheap in comparison. You can also fit a hell of a lot more of them in the garage than cars. I was up to 9 at one point which was a little excessive but it was very fun. They're so much easier to store in the living room too...have the race bike and the trials bike inside at the moment.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

I keep forgetting about the St. Pete race, have family very close to the race location and they keep bugging me to come down for a week or two. Just seeing the trophy trucks going around the road course on three wheels would be worth the drive down.

It's a good time, worth coming down imo. The crowd was going nuts over the trucks because they were racing HARD and flying off the jumps. I've never heard a crowd react like that at a race before, and I've been to a shitload of races.

Then at the end, Robby Gordon was doing stunts and poo poo. I love that guy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ran into some cats I used to hang out with all the time. They're both past 40 and still partying like we did 13 years ago. It was 3pm and they were just leaving a party. They're not bad guys or anything but I'm pretty happy to have left that phase of my life behind me.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I wish there was more of a welding thread. The one in diy is mostly about blacksmithing, forges, etc.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I wish there was more of a welding thread. The one in diy is mostly about blacksmithing, forges, etc.

We should start a "so we're welding idiots who have nice machines" thread.

I just haven't been motivated about any of that since it got cold out and I still don't have the barn properly insulated to make heating it reasonable. Now that it's getting warm out again I'm ready to start burning some more rod.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I'm making one now. I've wanted one for a while that was more welding focused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

the spyder posted:

I'm making one now. I've wanted one for a while that was more welding focused.

I think that's a really good plan. I have a list of videos and other information that has helped me get started on TIG that I really wish someone else would have just handed to me at the beginning. I'll be happy to post what I've assembled.

I also have a fairly distant friend who is a commercial TIG welder (doing stainless medical grade stuff) who I just spoke with today that is willing to help me out.........after he found out what I paid for my machine, offered me $200 on top of it in cash right now and I told him no loving way.

It's getting warm, I have a load of scrap metal to drop off and I'm gonna make a deal with the yard to give me clean scrap to weld on that's just gonna get returned so I can get some more clean scrap.

• Locked thread