Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

paradoxGentleman posted:

That one rear end in a top hat that played Cyber Dragons in GX completely ruined them for me. Shun had the same effect with Raid Raptors. I don't know if it's an anime archetype or something, but the appearance of a smug, almost invincible uber master completely kills my interest and sympathy.

And yet I enjoy Cyberdarks and wish they were still viable, so I dunno v:v:v

Man, Kaiser I kinda get, but what's smug about Shun? The dude's way too busy being angry to be smug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Kaiser learned cyber style dueling in a secret mountain cave dojo with the principal and shun is a badass revolutionary for his sister and they are both very cool. That's a fact.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I like Zane because he is insanely hosed up

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Can someone give me a good cyber dragon deck list?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Can someone give me a good cyber dragon deck list?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e23asJQIIiU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Mysticblade posted:

You should catch up with Arc V. Shun gets punked.

I am aware of that, and it only reinforced my appreciation for Sora.

ahahaha yes, roll down those loving stairs you punk

VJeff posted:

Man, Kaiser I kinda get, but what's smug about Shun? The dude's way too busy being angry to be smug.

Basically what Flaps said, except that those are flaws in my eyes, not perks.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The moral of Sora and Shun's back and forth is never underestimate your opponent and never talk poo poo. :v:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Shun is a very angry anime teenager and I appreciate that. Also he carpet bombed a child after causing the kid to have a mental breakdown. Shun rocks.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I don't like raid raptors and the xyz dragons because they all look the same: a huge dark cgi mess.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also he carpet bombed a child after causing the kid to have a mental breakdown.
That was pretty cool, yes.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

paradoxGentleman posted:

Basically what Flaps said, except that those are flaws in my eyes, not perks.

Those are valid reasons, but you can't really call someone who literally never smiles smug. If anything, that's Sora, that cocky little bastard.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Sora terrifying all those kids at the tournament with his death toys was the best moment in the show so far.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

K. Flaps posted:

Sora terrifying all those kids at the tournament with his death toys was the best moment in the show so far.

Hell yeah. He's all cheerful and poo poo even after summoning Death's Toy: Scissor Bear, and the number of fucks he gives about the kids degrading with his mental state was actually pretty good writing. Then, it culminates in him summoning Death's Toy: Mad Chimera, and even the adults in the audience are all :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk:!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Is YGOPro always this slow updating? I feel like I've had it updating for over half an hour. Getting really sick of its music and I don't think I can mute it without cancelling the download.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Is YGOPro always this slow updating? I feel like I've had it updating for over half an hour. Getting really sick of its music and I don't think I can mute it without cancelling the download.
Couldn't you just go into volume mixer and mute the program?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

This is awesome. Thousand Eyes Restrict is back - in Cyber Dragon form.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually didn't like Shun when he first showed up because I thought he was going to be this infallible shithead that never changed his emotional state. No, he's just really loving pissed all of the time and it made me like him and Raidraptors a lot.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Those are valid reasons, but you can't really call someone who literally never smiles smug. If anything, that's Sora, that cocky little bastard.

I guess I used the wrong term. Would "pretentious" be more appropriate?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

paradoxGentleman posted:

I guess I used the wrong term. Would "pretentious" be more appropriate?

"Self-interested" is probably closest to what you want, but I'm not sure it's a sentiment I agree with.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'd just call Shun "kind of a dick", honestly. Gets the point across, everyone understands it, and it's not wrong (perhaps a bit of an understatement, but not wrong)

Also with the YGOPro update Fuzzy Lanius should be in so now Slur can build all that Raid Raptors deck.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also with the YGOPro update Fuzzy Lanius should be in so now Slur can build all that Raid Raptors deck.

What's the point of an update today if it doesn't add this, Devpro. :argh:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I have no earthly clue how YGOhack manages to add cards as quickly as he does. The man must literally drop everything once a new card is announced at the pace he adds them. :psyduck:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Can't wait for Shun's reaction to Yuya finally going up to him and saying "Your friend is an alternate me and also inside me what the gently caress is going on???????"

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'd just call Shun "kind of a dick", honestly. Gets the point across, everyone understands it, and it's not wrong (perhaps a bit of an understatement, but not wrong)

I'm on it right now.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
EDIT: Well, beat Tzitzimine.

Slur fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 29, 2015

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Shun plays like an rear end in a top hat with turns that never end, and I am glad Sora threw him down the stairs.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

I don't like raid raptors and the xyz dragons because they all look the same: a huge dark cgi mess.

very disappointed the raptors were the flying kind

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

forbidden lesbian posted:

very disappointed the raptors were the flying kind

That, and they aren't even raiding anything.

I wonder if the new Red-Eyes support means there will be another Red-Eyes user in the anime.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

K. Flaps posted:

That, and they aren't even raiding anything.

I wonder if the new Red-Eyes support means there will be another Red-Eyes user in the anime.

Nah, watch Joey pop out, with his 4 Kids voice and everything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I wonder if Jack and Crow means we'll get more Blackwings. And uh, maybe some more Archfiends?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Jack and Crow reveal that they've seen the light and now play Red-Eyes decks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Red Eyes Blackwing Dragon

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ugh, the people who deliberately run out the clock by doing nothing are worse than the ones who disconnect immediately.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Endorph posted:

I wonder if Jack and Crow means we'll get more Blackwings. And uh, maybe some more Archfiends?

Resonators!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Endorph posted:

Yes.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Collectors_Pack:_Duelist_of_Destiny_Version

If you guessed that the entire reason Jack and Crow are coming back is to shill new Blackwing/Resonator/Red Daemon's Dragon cards, I'd say "good guess".

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Getting back into Yu-Gi-Oh for the first time since like... 2005? I have no idea what Lightsworns are but I felt compelled to make a deck out of 'em. Somehow ended up winning my first duel on DevPro with this thing.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Supposedly, Ruri and Rin designs.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

VJeff posted:

Yes.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Collectors_Pack:_Duelist_of_Destiny_Version

If you guessed that the entire reason Jack and Crow are coming back is to shill new Blackwing/Resonator/Red Daemon's Dragon cards, I'd say "good guess".

I don't think we'll new any 'new' Resonators in that though.. That's a follow-up to the Dragons/Duelists of Legend set from last year. It's a pack that contains cards that have been used in the anime/manga but never got made into real cards. They're 'new', but they're all things that already exist.

We *might* get new Blackwings in it, but only because there's like three or four more Blackwing cards that haven't been made yet. I *think* we have all the Resonators from the anime already, too.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 30, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't wait to hear "ABSOLUTE POWER FOOOORRRRRRRRCE" again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't get why they hyped up the kid's duel for so long and then devoted less time to it than Yuzu dueling the idol. And having the kid who plays for fun just lose, that seems like a bad message.