Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

spog posted:

Selling my car, so obviously need some pro-quality photos for the advert.

Took it to the semi-automatic car wash to get all the bird crap blown off and make it shiny .

Car wash broke down as I was in the middle of it due to a jetwash hose getting caught in the tracks and wrapping round all the gears. Took ten minutes of heavy-duty swearing in Polish to free it and let me out.

I'm giggling at this. Mostly I'm giggling at the ridiculous stereotype you've built in my brain about these struggling Polish immigrant entrepreneurs and their zany antics at the cut-rate car wash. It's like sketch comedy, with the "straight man" character played by the entire native-English population of the country.

:britain: Excuse me, good sir, but this car wash seems to be malfunctioning.
:poland: *incomprehensible swearing*
:britain: Terribly sorry, chap, my car seems to be stuck under the soap dispenser
:poland: *enraged body language, intense incomprehensible swearing at a hose reel*
:britain: :wotwot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
THE WEAKENED DEAD THRIVED

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Sail hatan

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Ails Nathan

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

posting from the toilet. Gruntin out a post

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
Toiletposting pre-shower after installing laminate flooring my living room.

My dad helped, so I seeded the Google Play radio with Boston and we laid that poo poo down.

I learned that I am much, much more meticulous than my dad. But we will both jam out to REO, Journey, and Foreigner all day.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dakana posted:

Toiletposting pre-shower after installing laminate flooring my living room.

My dad helped, so I seeded the Google Play radio with Boston and we laid that poo poo down.

I learned that I am much, much more meticulous than my dad. But we will both jam out to REO, Journey, and Foreigner all day.

dadrock w your dad hell yeah

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

here everyone have a catchy-rear end tune for your sunday

no it is not dadrock

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

i was framed, i tells ya

i guess it's like a two-dimensional box for him or something?

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

http://cats-on-squares.tumblr.com

It's instinctive, they feel like they're hiding in a cat den.

Buzzfeed "article" incoming
http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/cat-pranks#.dcJ5p4k62

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Made some wine and cider on the weekend. Smashed up 100 litres worth of Pinot Noir and got the yeast going, then smashed up a big pile of apples and got the yeast going, all gown by the parents at their hobby farm.

Next weekend, probably around 100 litres of Shiraz and making some beer for Dad too. Booze for everyone.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
party at spedman's

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

party at spedman's

yeah let's all go to australia and take one sip of wine before being devoured by spiders the size of minivans and instantly lethal sea creatures the size of a pinhead

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

8th-snype posted:

party at spedman's

I'm down. Already bought the ticket. Where do we meet?

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
I don't much believe in luck, but on the other hand, great soil and climate for classical wine grapes seem like an interesting tradeoff for super deadly "gently caress you" style fauna.

Also: tying GDP to BAC seems like a fair coping mechanism for a nation where death by venomous shithead critter is nigh inevitable.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I mean, worst case scenario he doesn't have to read any of our posts anymore

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Mr. Despair posted:

I mean, worst case scenario, our posts

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

worst [...] posts

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

I BELIEVE IT IS FRIDAY, GENTLEMEN

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.
Or Monday. :suicide:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It sure is the weekend, time to squish some more grapes tomorrow :drum:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Just got up, going to comic con today. I hate comic con but I can't resist going to watch the depths of depravity people will dive to in the name of cosplay. Let's see if this year can top last year's dude nearly passing out from exertion while badly LARPing in front of a crowd.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Plus I figured going on nerd safari would be an easy way to up my fitbit game on a week day.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

8th-snype posted:

Plus I figured going on nerd safari would be an easy way to up my fitbit game on a week day.

, said the Pokemon Snap LARPer

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

voodoorootbeer posted:

, said the Pokemon Snap LARPer

I'm cosplaying Bruce Gilden, gonna pop flashes in people's faces from six inches away all day (not really).

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Pls locate and take photographic evidence of the Peter Griffin cosplayer ty

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I went to a bar and had a glass of wine and didn't eat bbq'ed pork shoulder because I'm poor.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mrenda posted:

I went to a bar and had a glass of wine and didn't eat bbq'ed pork shoulder because I'm poor.

I'm not sure that is a good enough excuse to not eat BBQ pork

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
I raided the pantry for dinner last night which means I put black beans among other things inside an omelette and it was p good

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i'm in california sitting through boring rear end conference breakout sessions so I can finally get out of here and shoot the desert

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Trip report: Walked around comic con for 5 hours, bought a couple of stickers and a gyro. Went to a bar with a friend to wait out the rush hour bus crowding. Stayed at the bar for 4 hours. Got hella drunk, made out with her and took a Lyft home. Now I'm hungover and at work.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

8th-snype posted:

Trip report: Walked around comic con for 5 hours, bought a couple of stickers and a gyro. Went to a bar with a friend to wait out the rush hour bus crowding. Stayed at the bar for 4 hours. Got hella drunk, made out with her and took a Lyft home. Now I'm hungover and at work.

I'm in a breakout discussion discussing life insurance and smoking weed

Your day sounds better

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

8th-snype posted:

Honestly, this is probably one of the best outcomes from attending a comic con. :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

YAY NOW I GET TO GO OUT IN THE DESERT AND SHOOT ALL FILMS

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I went into town, took pictures, drank beer, ate puttanesca pasta. Hail Whores!

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I want to buy some kind of fancy bullshit ~artisan~ strap for my hipster film camera (f3)

is the gordy any good

the weekend thread is the only place i trust with this decision

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Wild EEPROM posted:

I want to buy some kind of fancy bullshit ~artisan~ strap for my hipster film camera (f3)

is the gordy any good

the weekend thread is the only place i trust with this decision

The gordy owns on little cameras. It's a bit tiny for bigger stuff.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Made more wine, no snakes, lots of spiders (some made it into the Must), and a poo poo load of these fuckers trying to steal the precious sugar out of the grapes:

http://m.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/mskpages/European_wasp?open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I'm giving NW Ontario another chance to kill me. Three years ago *that truck* missed me as I spun out in sloppy wet shyte just past Ignace. This year the weather looks remarkably similar from here in Kenora.

if I die pls goldmine thread in my memory kthx.

• Locked thread