Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

Luigi Thirty posted:

was he the one who wrote an article about how he is the first strike in the online revolution that will destroy the government and free all information forever or am i thinking of another guy?

he wrote some manifesto about how information wants to be free, when he was like 17

i wrotesimilar things at 17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Stringent posted:

yeah the only way to make money in trades is by being really good at it and being self employed or carving out a niche. The rest is under skilled under payed and a huge liability if you hire these people.

my uncle is a self employed licensed electrician in Boston and makes good money, but good luck booking him. I got a friend who used to work on semi trucks but got into the refrigerator units on trailers that haul frozen goods and produces and makes way more money than he ever did working on trucks. Good luck getting him to work on your rig.

My father in law is trying get body work done to his classic italian car and the only place worth a drat is a small independent body shop that charges out the rear end and is booked 6 months out.

what I'm saying is that because of companies' corner cutting measures, unless you know someone, all that you're left with is literal retards pretending to be experienced welders who end up burning your warehouse down

uhh if the only good body shop is booked 6 months out im thinking maybe theres more demand than like, supply or something, so someone could probably open another body shop and be successful if they try hard and are good at it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Nagato posted:

he wrote some manifesto about how information wants to be free, when he was like 17

i wrotesimilar things at 17

I'm thinking of another guy then who stole a bunch of info from the government, wrote a manifesto about how it's everyone's duty to get the book thrown at them to start the revolution because that's how you make online activists angry at the government, and then shat himself when they threw the book at him then

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Former Hewlett-Packard Co. CEO Carly Fiorina told Fox News Sunday that there is a "higher than 90 percent chance" that she will run for president in 2016.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Former Hewlett-Packard Co. CEO Carly Fiorina told Fox News Sunday that there is a "higher than 90 percent chance" that she will run for president in 2016.

looking forward to "stocks rally after Fiorina suspends campaign"

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
fiorina: act now for a brighter 2021!!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

maybe we'll annex mexico, or at least enter a currency union

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'm thinking of another guy then who stole a bunch of info from the government, wrote a manifesto about how it's everyone's duty to get the book thrown at them to start the revolution because that's how you make online activists angry at the government, and then shat himself when they threw the book at him then

weev? I don't think that's quite the story, but it sounds close.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Luigi Thirty posted:

yeah that was weev he managed to let himself get busted in AR for drug charges and then ATT stuck it in and broke it off for accessing data. He then cried about prison and emerged an unironic white supremacist of the annoying "i'm a viking, I worship Odin, white man rules even though i'm 5'4" " flavor with a nine inch swastika tattooed on his chest

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

that's it, the other big fuckup, weev. god that guy is a piece of poo poo but people still defend him because IRONIC NAZI

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah that was weev he managed to let himself get busted in AR for drug charges and then ATT stuck it in and broke it off for accessing data. He then cried about prison and emerged an unironic white supremacist of the annoying "i'm a viking, I worship Odin, white man rules even though i'm 5'4" " flavor with a nine inch swastika tattooed on his chest

not sure he wasn't that way going in

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

was he the one who wrote an article about how he is the first strike in the online revolution that will destroy the government and free all information forever or am i thinking of another guy?

he wrote something called the "guerilla open access manifesto" that said that it is the duty of everybody with access to private databases to download and make public as much as possible, that freely copying and sharing digital data was a "moral imperative" that only somebody "blinded by greed" would oppose, and that copyright/IP laws were "unjust" laws created by corrupt politicians in the pursuit of "privatization of knowledge" and that everybody needed to engage in "civil disobedience" to oppose it

apparently, like most millenials, this so-called internet genius never scrolled down far enough on wikipedia to learn that people still get arrested for civil disobedience

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
the att thing was trumped up bullshit and weev should have walked free

yes weev is terrible. but terrible people still have rights

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
society is probably a better place with weev behind bars but it's not cool to lock people up just because they're nazis who say mean things on the internet

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

actually it is, hate speech laws bitch

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Forums Terrorist posted:

nah, doesn't work that way in the states

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Forums Terrorist posted:

nah

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
wtf is this internet.org poo poo that Facebook is up to?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

nah, doesn't work that way in the states

in civilized countries it does

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Forums Terrorist posted:

in civilized countries it does

the ones that do or don't elect nazis?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

computer parts posted:

the ones that do or don't elect nazis?

Ron Paul 2012

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Moist von Lipwig posted:

they're solving a societal problem: there are billions of people with no internet that they can't serve ads to

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
okay thats kinda what i figured but the site is so wishy-washy i couldnt even figure out what the cover they were trying to use was

Pooper Hero
Sep 11, 2001
The costumed crapper

Pinterest Mom posted:

they're solving a societal problem: there are billions of people with no internet that they can't serve ads to

Can those people afford to buy poo poo advertised to them though?

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
looking for sanitized water in your area? only 2 miles away

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

at least source your quotes, if you're going to copy paste the entire grey forums

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3693893&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post443325311

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the att thing was trumped up bullshit and weev should have walked free

his conviction was eventually vacated so he did

also instead of being a big turd and leaking a bunch of information to the media he could have contacted at&t and told them politely how he had discovered a vulnerability and then he could have worked to reach a conditional agreement to have a press release that explained the situation and credited weev or gnaa or whoever after the exploit was corrected

but that would be working with the man which is intolerable it's way better to go to prison and become a viking sorcerer

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
he also could have leaked the stuff without a public connection to himself.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

the only reason weev was let go was because the feds took one look at him after two years of hanging out with the aryan brotherhood and realized that he would do far more damage to his original cause (or rather, the cause that the civil libertarians attributed to him) outside prison than in

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
capitalism - a skinhead

communism - a kickass dragon

i know which i prefer

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
he isn't even loving it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah communism is like an imaginary creature

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Moist von Lipwig posted:

imagine if 1995 aol came back and re-launched with an internet service that only allowed access to aol keywords

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Pinterest Mom posted:

I was flipping around and caught part of this she was saying how her success at the upper levels of business had prepared her and she already knew everyone important and blah blah

I think she's gunning for VP spot to try to make republicans more palatable to ~*the ladies*~

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

I think she's gunning for VP spot to try to make republicans more palatable to ~*the ladies*~
that is exactly what she is aiming for

it will be funny to see her in debates and on the campaign trail, trying to figure out who will be the real nominee and going on full attack against any of the other candidates who dare to criticize the presumptive nominee

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

qirex posted:

I was flipping around and caught part of this she was saying how her success at the upper levels of business had prepared her and she already knew everyone important and blah blah

justine tunney knew
ceo president r(evol)ution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
palin 2.0, what could go wrong

• Locked thread