Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Bloodborne is am amazing game and they really succeeded at having it best Dark Souls in everything that it did.

Granted DS2 is the weakest entry in the series but even so with the new fixes it's still not a bad game. They've patched it and improved it pretty decently.

Bloodborne is still one of the first few games of the new generation that you can actually sink your teeth into. Just everyone works so perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
shut the hell up taint reaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Kewpuh posted:

shut the hell up taint reaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Bloodborne is still one of the first few games of the new generation that you can actually sink your teeth into after giving it an hour or so to load

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
What did they change in ds2 since launch?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

What's the point of a make games quick machine if you can't even churn out a game for jokes in 5-10 minutes?

i got rpgmaker vx ace in a bundle and used it to make a game about my best friend who is lord of butts. it was really easy to do. believe in yourself friend

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Bloodborne is am amazing game and they really succeeded at having it best Dark Souls in everything that it did.

Granted DS2 is the weakest entry in the series but even so with the new fixes it's still not a bad game. They've patched it and improved it pretty decently.

Bloodborne is still one of the first few games of the new generation that you can actually sink your teeth into. Just everyone works so perfectly.

actually DS2 is the best dark souls and only baby idiot nerds who hate change disagree

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rexicon1 posted:

the Remastered Edition has new graphics, More NPCs, and more stuff to do and explore.

Theres also more save areas

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Rexicon1 posted:

you can no longer play as any other character than big strength dude w greatsword

i don't know why anyone ever would though

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you can no longer play as any other character than big strength dude w greatsword

i don't know why anyone ever would though

People who enjoy games for babies always pick magic users.

No please let me be a little baby bitch and not go near anything ever.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ahh, this game has cool melee combat with a high skill ceiling and tight, satisfying controls? That sounds good, but instead ..... let me run away from stuff and press this one button, for 40 hours

AllLuckySevens
Oct 15, 2012

Excels posted:

Ratchet & Clank games ... (the story was its only redeeming quality)

Do your parents know you post here?

AllLuckySevens fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 28, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

ahh, this game has cool melee combat with a high skill ceiling and tight, satisfying controls? That sounds good, but instead ..... let me run away from stuff and press this one button, for 40 hours

Compared to going close to stuff and pressing one button for 40 hours. Maybe 2 buttons if you feel up to it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In the defense of magic users: If you don't think obliterating dumbass monsters with giant laser beams is cool as poo poo, you're an idiot and probably should stop playing videogames

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

AllLuckySevens posted:

Do your parents know you post here?

Are you implying that All4One has other merits besides the script?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
maybe the truth is that we all game in our own way and gaming is pretty drat cool.

if u dont think gaming is cool then pls kill yourself

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excels posted:

Are you implying that All4One has other merits besides the script?
Voice acting.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

VideoGames posted:

i got rpgmaker vx ace in a bundle and used it to make a game about my best friend who is lord of butts. it was really easy to do. believe in yourself friend

I finally made a single room last night where you could go around and read a few books, then go to sleep in a bed and wake up in the middle of a swirling whirlpool. what a cool age we live in.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

there is Goodness to be found in Games.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wanted to make a game where you are transported to Disney's Magic Kingdom, and slowly level up until you can ride the spaceship off of space mountain so I could pretend I was in Disney World, but I think that would take up too much of my time.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

VideoGames posted:

maybe the truth is that we all game in our own way and gaming is pretty drat cool.

if u dont think gaming is cool then pls kill yourself

we have finally taken over the world, so what now?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

drakegrim posted:

we have finally taken over the world, so what now?

game on. duh!!!!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I stand opposed to gaming

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpkDd4aiPUc

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm reminded of the Sega dreamcast

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

People still give a poo poo about Tekken?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

People still give a poo poo about Tekken?

apparently!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I'm reminded of the Sega dreamcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3PlyYWhhZE

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

they probably turned off comments on their uploads after the Lucky Chloe reveal.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I guess if people still play King of Fighters Tekken would still have fans.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Viritua Fighter is the only fighter that no one plays.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

Viritua Fighter is the only fighter that no one plays.

yeah. it sorta melded into Dead or Alive to stay relevant.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Tekken is still a really popular arcade game in Korea and Japan.

The places where arcades still exist of course

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is there any sort of alternate history game that sets a post-apocalyptic world in our past? It seems like all apocalyptic games I've ever seen are set in our own future, or a distant high-tech future. I'd like to see something like a medieval apocalypse, or even like if it happened in the 1800s.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Is there any sort of alternate history game that sets a post-apocalyptic world in our past? It seems like all apocalyptic games I've ever seen are set in our own future, or a distant high-tech future. I'd like to see something like a medieval apocalypse, or even like if it happened in the 1800s.

in that situation what are you presuming wiped us out?

a medieval zombie apocalypse would spread crazy fast and probably look just like a modern one except with armor
nukes are out, so you'd need a world-ending comet (which would just wipe everyone out instantly)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I think Age of Decadence is bascially Roman Fallout but it's also an RPG that seems intent on ignoring all new ideas in game design since Fallout

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

sticklefifer posted:

The Fallout series is set in a world where the nuclear apocalypse happened in our past, and on an alternate timeline where technology advanced differently. Not quite what you're asking about and I'm sure you have already played at least one of them, but it is still sort of neat to run around in a world with laserguns and mutants and stuff while radio stations are playing 60's music and you keep running across vintage ads and food products. Has a real "welcome to the world of tommorow!" feel to it.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Funkmaster General posted:

The Fallout series is set in a world where the nuclear apocalypse happened in our past
LOL, no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

I think Age of Decadence is bascially Roman Fallout but it's also an RPG that seems intent on ignoring all new ideas in game design since Fallout
I don't think that's fair really. Have you played it recently? It's classic-style, sure, but it has a lot of quality of life improvements like warping you to/from quest locations instead of making you run backwards and forwards across town five times per quest.

Unless you really just hate turn-based combat I guess.

• Locked thread