Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren::siren: Legendary Edition is on sale right now at GMG for 13 bucks. Yes it's a Steam key (you can only get Steam versions of the game) :siren::siren:

Any of you who are missing the DLC, get LE and never worry about missing out on great mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I bought Skyrim with all DLC on Steam a couple of years ago, but it wasn't called the Legendary Edition.

Is there stuff in there that isn't in the DLC?

bethsoft.com posted:

Winner of more than 200 Game of the Year awards, experience the complete Skyrim collection with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® Legendary Edition. The Legendary Edition includes the original critically-acclaimed game, official add-ons – Dawnguard™, Hearthfire™, and Dragonborn™ – and added features like combat cameras, mounted combat, Legendary difficulty mode for hardcore players, and Legendary skills – enabling you to master every perk and level up your skills infinitely.

That just sounds like stuff that came with the official patches.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Mr.Grit posted:

Also, anyone know of a mod that changes the 'deceiving the herd' radiant quest for Dawnguard? It's poo poo. I've pretty much quit going to the castle because of it. :p

No mod, but you could try opening the console and entering "setstage DLC1RV03 255" after starting that quest.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

I bought Skyrim with all DLC on Steam a couple of years ago, but it wasn't called the Legendary Edition.
Is there stuff in there that isn't in the DLC?
Nope. The Legendary Edition is your standard Gold/GOTY style release with all DLC packaged with the base game. The "added features" from the descriptions is indeed stuff that was indeed through patching.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Welp, CTDs right when I try to enter the destroyed keep in the intro and any save loading causes a CTD too. This will be fun to figure out.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo
I'm doing a SPERG unarmed run with Violens and Unarmed Various Actions, and I keep getting armed killmoves on everything. Whaaat.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Pretty sure sperg auto-equips a dummy "unarmed" weapon so that perks apply properly, which might be loving with the way one of the other mods works.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
For some reason trying to get a log with the Papyrus config edit isn't working. It can play what's loaded no problem but it crashes when it tries to load an area.

Big issues for now are that
  • race menu constantly creates an overwrite file

• Dual Sheath redux patch refuses to run in MO. It says it needs the realistic needs and desires .esp but I have it enabled.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 29, 2015

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
That won't fix the bug. There is no fix for it afaik.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kilroy posted:

That won't fix the bug. There is no fix for it afaik.

No but if you drop an item, make a copy of it, then place and lock down the copy instead of the one you dropped out of your inventory it won't wander.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Scyantific posted:

:siren::siren: Legendary Edition is on sale right now at GMG for 13 bucks. Yes it's a Steam key (you can only get Steam versions of the game) :siren::siren:

Any of you who are missing the DLC, get LE and never worry about missing out on great mods.

If I buy this, download the DLCs along with the unofficial patches for them… how worried should I be that it'll gently caress up my already modded game? I've been wanting to try the DLCs for a while now but I've hold off on it because I'm afraid I'd have to start over with the modding process from scratch. Something I really don't look forward to.

Edit: If it helps, my mod list is actually very short. The only large mods I have are the unofficial patches, the HD texture DLCs, Frostfall, Immersive Armors with the Sperg compatibility patch, Sperg, the guard dialogue overhaul and Random Alternate Start.

Danakir fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 29, 2015

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Danakir posted:

If I buy this, download the DLCs along with the unofficial patches for them… how worried should I be that it'll gently caress up my already modded game? I've been wanting to try the DLCs for a while now but I've hold off on it because I'm afraid I'd have to start over with the modding process from scratch. Something I really don't look forward to.

Edit: If it helps, my mod list is actually very short. The only large mods I have are the unofficial patches, the HD texture DLCs, Frostfall, Immersive Armors with the Sperg compatibility patch, Sperg, the guard dialogue overhaul and Random Alternate Start.
The DLC are designed so that they can be added to an ongoing game without any problem. The unofficial patches for the DLC can also be added just fine. They do include some fixes that only work on a new game, but that's a minor issue.
What you should pay careful attention at are the various DLC-compatibility patches for the mods you're using. I doubt added any of them will require a restart though.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Thanks a lot, I just wanted to confirm that it wouldn't be a problem. I went through my mod list and didn't see any compatibility patches in any of the descriptions or documentation. So I should be good to go!

While I'm at it, any really essential mods beside the unofficial patches I should look into for the DLCs?

Danakir fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 29, 2015

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Ephphatha posted:

Pretty sure sperg auto-equips a dummy "unarmed" weapon so that perks apply properly, which might be loving with the way one of the other mods works.

This, and some of the kill cam calculations are a bit odd to say the least. In testing, there was a bug (that never made it to release) where every attack was a kill cam. I don't remember the exact details, but it had something to do with one of the invisible perks that adjust unarmed damage to scale with skill. The unarmed weapon itself is a bit odd in that the weapon damage is something like 1, but it gets ignored by the engine and your character's unarmed damage is used instead. However, critical damage and power attack damage are still based off of weapon damage. To fix this, I needed to scale weapon damage with unarmed damage, but simply putting a perk that multiplied weapon damage (1) by unarmed damage triggered the "kill cam on every attack" thing. It's like the engine thought I should be doing unarmed * unarmed instead of unarmed * 1, and even though the actual damage dealt was normal, the kill cam activated on that much higher value.

I forget how I worked around that, but it still might be a starting point in figuring out why the hell that combo of mods has triggered that behavior again.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Scyantific posted:

I never bothered to purchase Hearthfire.

I'm not really interested in housing beyond "where can I throw my extra poo poo?"

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I've read a few reports that When Vampires Attack can be pretty messy and lead to some rather obnoxious bugs with the fleeing NPCs. Is that still the case with the latest version? If so, is there any decent alternative to it as I'd prefer if installing Dawnguard didn't come with half the population of Skyrim dying to random vampire attacks. So far that's the only thing I've found that I'd really rather do without.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Danakir posted:

I've read a few reports that When Vampires Attack can be pretty messy and lead to some rather obnoxious bugs with the fleeing NPCs. Is that still the case with the latest version?
I never ran into that problem. Looking at the various loadorders from people who post about that problem, my guess would be that that's either some sort of incompatibility issue with another mod, script slowdown from a broken mod, or people not realizing a certain other mod (Wet & Cold) has a feature that has NPCs staying indoors during bad weather.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Raygereio posted:

I never ran into that problem. Looking at the various loadorders from people who post about that problem, my guess would be that that's either some sort of incompatibility issue with another mod, script slowdown from a broken mod, or people not realizing a certain other mod (Wet & Cold) has a feature that has NPCs staying indoors during bad weather.

Might have been one of the first two, but I have never run Wet and Cold, Frostfall, etc. I did find some mod that protects named NPCs as an alternative.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Someone in here also posted a mod that straight up disables in-town vampire attacks.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Raygereio posted:

I didn't run any mods that had conflicts with it as far as I know, but after I kept getting the bug I just switched to the mod that disables vampire attacks. After the fifth or so time any quest in Solitude grinds to a halt because everyone's hiding indoors forever it gets kind of tiring.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Don't think I really want to risk it then. May I have a link to the mod that just disables those attacks please? I doubt they add much to the game anyway.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I'm pretty far in my current playthrough and I'm enjoying all the mods. The only mod I'm not really liking is MorrowLoot and I'm thinking of replacing it with Morrowloot 4E so I can make the rarer stuff. Will either removing Morrowloot or replacing it screw anything up?

Travic fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 31, 2015

Lurker Above
Jun 17, 2014

Danakir posted:

Don't think I really want to risk it then. May I have a link to the mod that just disables those attacks please? I doubt they add much to the game anyway.

Random Vampire Attacks in Towns Disabled
A definite improvement in my book.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo

seorin posted:

This, and some of the kill cam calculations are a bit odd to say the least. In testing, there was a bug (that never made it to release) where every attack was a kill cam. I don't remember the exact details, but it had something to do with one of the invisible perks that adjust unarmed damage to scale with skill. The unarmed weapon itself is a bit odd in that the weapon damage is something like 1, but it gets ignored by the engine and your character's unarmed damage is used instead. However, critical damage and power attack damage are still based off of weapon damage. To fix this, I needed to scale weapon damage with unarmed damage, but simply putting a perk that multiplied weapon damage (1) by unarmed damage triggered the "kill cam on every attack" thing. It's like the engine thought I should be doing unarmed * unarmed instead of unarmed * 1, and even though the actual damage dealt was normal, the kill cam activated on that much higher value.

I forget how I worked around that, but it still might be a starting point in figuring out why the hell that combo of mods has triggered that behavior again.

I'm pretty sure it's just SPERG that's loving it up but yeah, I get kill cams all the gd time.

So I have a merged plugin M of plugins A, B, and C, and then I have another standalone plugin D that references plugin B as master. That won't work. Is there a way I can simply tell plugin D that plugin M is the new master, rather than merge it into plugin M also?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

For April Fool's day I've released ULTIMATE LAUNDRY OVERHAUL.

For good measure, I've set the real version of Immersive Laundry to hidden, with the reason "NO LONGER SUPPORTED!"

The only thing in the actual download is this large gif, which should look familiar to fans of Kroll Show.

I recommend perusing the image gallery to check out some of my "renamed" areas.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

it is awsome :allears:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The only thing in the actual download is this large gif, which should look familiar to fans of Kroll Show.

What is the meaning of this?????

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I actually want the laundry covered Dragonsreach mod.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Gyshall posted:

What is the meaning of this?????

Welcome to Hell, idiot.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Nerd Of Prey posted:

For April Fool's day I've released ULTIMATE LAUNDRY OVERHAUL.

For good measure, I've set the real version of Immersive Laundry to hidden, with the reason "NO LONGER SUPPORTED!"

I recommend perusing the image gallery to check out some of my "renamed" areas.

Endorsed. Let's goonrush this thing and see if we can get it on the front page.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Question about this:

Scyantific posted:

Using the SKSE Memory Fix (Useful for fixing Infinite Loading Screens and CTDs) (Credit to LtSmash)
Infinite loading screens can also be fixed by using the SKSE memory allocation fix that adjusts how much memory skyrim reserves to fix a bug where it hangs trying to request more memory. This is a default part of SKSE for the last few versions and everyone should use it. If you don't have a skyrim\Data\SKSE\skse.ini create one in notepad.
Add the lines
code:
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=X
ScrapHeapSizeMB=Y
And replace X with how much ram to allocate. 512 is vanilla. 768 should fix it for most setups but really crazy mod combinations might need 1024. This of course uses more RAM.

Is there any other downside to using 1024 besides using more RAM? I am thinking that a number of my issues could be solved by upping this and I feel that 8 GB of RAM will be fine for this but idk.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Are bound bows ridiculously overpowered? I'm using SPERG, but no other balancing/fight mechanics mods.

I'm at level 45, archery 90, and can take down dragons in 4-5 shots.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

GunnerJ posted:

Question about this:

Is there any other downside to using 1024 besides using more RAM? I am thinking that a number of my issues could be solved by upping this and I feel that 8 GB of RAM will be fine for this but idk.

Only that you will use more RAM.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I'm having issues with CTD on startup, and I'm pretty sure it's a load order problem. tried to install TES5Edit to figure it out, but for some reason WinRar is refusing to unpack it. Does anybody know what's going wrong here?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
CTD on startup usually means something is getting loaded before another mod that it needs to run, grab LOOT and give it a run. It'll automatically sort it out for you.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
LOOT installed, load order modified aaand ...

still crashing. :(

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

LOOT installed, load order modified aaand ...

still crashing. :(

Uh oh, that means you probably straight up don't have a mod that another one requires, and the only way to check is that program you can't open. Maybe try opening the rar with 7zip? I don't recognize most of the mods on the list, so I can't be much help there.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I turned them all off, then went back through reactivating. It was Winter Is Coming. That sucks, because those cloaks look great.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I turned them all off, then went back through reactivating. It was Winter Is Coming. That sucks, because those cloaks look great.

It is bizarre that such a lightweight mod could to this. Are you using another mod that changes up equipment (i.e., Complete Crafting Overhaul)? It may require some compatibility patching.

Maybe just try reinstalling WiC, I have never, ever seen anything like this happen with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

LtSmash posted:

Only that you will use more RAM.

Thanks!

Unrelated (?) questions for the thread: Since getting my new video card, there's a lot of strange stuff happening. (It's a Radeon R9 285, bought largely because of price point.) Most annoyingly, there's screen tearing even when v-sync is on. Which doesn't make any sense.

Also, using FRAPS for benchmarking, it looks like performance is even worse even though this is supposedly a big upgrade from my old card. But only technically... The numbers say that the FPS is slightly less with more jittering (based on standard deviation) but I don't notice it in game. It actually seems smoother somehow.

Finally, anybody know how a skyrim.ini or skyrimprefs.ini change can make arrows do less damage? I tried using the automatically-generated settings for a bit and this inexplicably happened. I went back to the only settings for a very minor FPS bump and this no longer happened.

• Locked thread