Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm pretty sure Piccolo straight up kidnaps Gohan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Being dead, Goku didn't have much choice in the matter.

He seemed pretty cool with it when he came back though

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

TheKingofSprings posted:

He seemed pretty cool with it when he came back though

Well, Gohan was still alive and Piccolo had helped them "save" the world rather than conquer it.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Plus the in-hindsight terrifyingly short time between Piccolo Sr trying to kill Goku, and Goku trusting Piccolo Jr entirely with his own son.

...eight years?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Piccolo trained with Gohan/Goku for years, then merged with god.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Exercu posted:

...eight years?

Eight years isn't a whole lot of time to trust your infant son to the man whose father you PUNCHED A HOLE THROUGH.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Exercu posted:

...eight years?

Since we all know DBZ time moves slowly, that's like 20 in normal time.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I mean, if Gohan ever mentioned that Piccolo took a bullet for him that'd be the sort of thing that convinces you the Demon King's son might be legit.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Did everyone just agree to let Piccolo kidnap and train a kid, or was he periodically fending off rescue attempts from Krillin? I mean, Goku seemed cool with it, but Goku once thought marriage was a food.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Krillin was busy training for the saiyans himself.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

YggiDee posted:

Did everyone just agree to let Piccolo kidnap and train a kid, or was he periodically fending off rescue attempts from Krillin? I mean, Goku seemed cool with it, but Goku once thought marriage was a food.

It was probably one of those 'hope for the best' things. Piccolo was still pretty significantly stronger then Krillin and the others at that point, and he was out in the wasteland in the middle of nowhere training Gohan. If Krillin and Piccolo fought; worse if he killed Piccolo, or Piccolo killed him, they'd be that much weaker then the Saiyans showed up.

They were kind of stuck in a catch-22 and the only real hope they had was just going with it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I recall that after Bulma managed to fix Raditz's scouter they were able to determine where Piccolo was and had a brief debate about whether to mount a rescue operation, but decided against it.

yoyomama
Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, they kinda tried to stop Piccolo, but then he said, "I'm the only one that can train him bye" and left with Gohan. Everyone else knew they'd get their rear end kicked if they tried to stop him, so they didn't chase him. I think Kami reassured them that it'd be alright and it was the best option, so no one tried to rescue Gohan (and they just tried to avoid telling ChiChi about it instead).

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

yoyomama posted:

Yeah, they kinda tried to stop Piccolo, but then he said, "I'm the only one that can train him bye" and left with Gohan. Everyone else knew they'd get their rear end kicked if they tried to stop him, so they didn't chase him. I think Kami reassured them that it'd be alright and it was the best option, so no one tried to rescue Gohan (and they just tried to avoid telling ChiChi about it instead).

Come to think of it, I only recently watched that saga, and can't remember what even happened with Chi Chi, and if Krillin even ended up telling her about Goku/Gohan when he went to her house.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Plan Z posted:

Come to think of it, I only recently watched that saga, and can't remember what even happened with Chi Chi, and if Krillin even ended up telling her about Goku/Gohan when he went to her house.

He didn't. He told them that "they'd be late", instead of "your husband is dead and your son was kidnapped by literally the devil's son". He returned to Kame House, in which he decided to send a letter instead, but before he could do that Chichi and Ox King got to Kame House and they were forced to tell them the truth.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Onmi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cDI6GbfxF0

This doesn't tell me anything, this tells me less than nothing.

You wanted it, you can't UNwant it.

:supaburn: MASSIVE POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING MAYBE: :supaburn:

Super Saiyan "Beyond God"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

To be fair, Chichi is scarier than the Saiyans.

StrifeHira posted:

Hahaha, oh god Frieza's face. Also is that supposed to be Broley in the middle front row?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Rhonne posted:

To be fair, Chichi is scarier than the Saiyans.

Hahaha, oh god Frieza's face. Also is that supposed to be Broley in the middle front row?

Super Saiyan 4 Broly, from Dragon Ball Heroes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvUuuC5h5n8

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

StrifeHira posted:

They look like Mexican knockoffs. Unless they are and I'm gullible.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

StrifeHira posted:

Super Saiyan 4 Broly, from Dragon Ball Heroes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvUuuC5h5n8

Ahh, it's hard to see the fur in that lighting. At first I thought he was wearing a fusion jacket like Gotenks and got really confused, but it was just his hair.

Who would fuse with Broly?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

StrifeHira posted:

I unwant this

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Amorphous Blob posted:

He did say maybe. It's hard to figure out I guess. I don't see why Toriyama would include another thing like that but I'm not Toriyama.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Amorphous Blob posted:

I will say take it with a tablespoon of salt, because, you know, "leaked internet images" and reliability.

Still, if Electric Blue Super Saiyan ends up being a thing, oh well.

Stallion Cabana posted:

He did say maybe. It's hard to figure out I guess. I don't see why Toriyama would include another thing like that but I'm not Toriyama.

She. :j:

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 29, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

StrifeHira posted:

I want this, completely unironically. Super Saiyan 6 all the way, motherfucker.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Well people didn't like the pink hair that much, so lets go with bright blue this time!

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

StrifeHira posted:

I will say take it with a tablespoon of salt, because, you know, "leaked internet images" and reliability.

Still, if Electric Blue Super Saiyan ends up being a thing, oh well.

She. :j:

I apologize m'goonlady.

But seriously if that actually occurs I will never stop laughing. What I really want is for them to keep getting thinner, like Goku dropped a few pounds in SSG, so I want him to drop a few more in Super Saiyan 6, then a few more in 7, until he's just a crude stick figure drawing with ridiculous hair

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

I apologize m'goonlady.

But seriously if that actually occurs I will never stop laughing. What I really want is for them to keep getting thinner, like Goku dropped a few pounds in SSG, so I want him to drop a few more in Super Saiyan 6, then a few more in 7, until he's just a crude stick figure drawing with ridiculous hair

Go with no hair and make Saitama what he's been building to all along

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Terper posted:

I love that Goku and Piccolo really didn't interact with each other much at all between Piccolo killing Goku and Raditz and everyone coming back from Namek, but then he's suddenly Goku's best friend and goes driving cars with him. Bitchin'.

Well they did spend 3 years living together.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Rhonne posted:

Ahh, it's hard to see the fur in that lighting. At first I thought he was wearing a fusion jacket like Gotenks and got really confused, but it was just his hair.

Who would fuse with Broly?

Turles maybe(assuming he got some sort of offscreen powerup to be close enough to Broly for them to properly fuse, which knowing Heroes isn't that unlikely, heck I'm still surprised they haven't done something silly like SSJ Turles)

Also anyone else find it weird that they've pretty much not touched pre-Frieza content from DBZ proper(as in not from a Movie) in Heroes, at least going by the little animated things they make(well Zarbon and Dodoria show up once but that's as part of a Bardock thing so it doesn't really count), cause there's a lot of fun things they could do with that era as Xenoverse has shown

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

StrifeHira posted:

The adult in me scoffs and giggles at this development.

The 13 year old in me is flipping the gently caress out.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Uuuugghhh I was so on board for Resurrection F but uggghhhhhh.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

:colbert:
That can't be real because in my 10y/o head Super- Humans would had blue/steel colored hair. :colbert:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bring on the blue, baby!

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Wasn't the whole idea of SSG to cut back on transformations? Adding another one strikes me as odd.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
:10bux: says this is just what SSG looks like when you reach that level 'naturally' instead of doing the dumb ritual.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm just glad Vegeta gets it too.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
We lost SSJ3 for that. :sigh:

I hate SSG.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

In It For The Tank posted:

We lost SSJ3 for that. :sigh:

I hate SSG.

SSJ3 was stupid and even in universe was always a joke. The only person who really liked it was Gotenks, who is the product of the dumbest parts of two really stupid 7 year olds. Just put that in perspective.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

SSJ3 was stupid and even in universe was always a joke. The only person who really liked it was Gotenks, who is the product of the dumbest parts of two really stupid 7 year olds. Just put that in perspective.

Was it a joke? I mean powering up to it was played up as super epic and the first shot of it is meant to be badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It was never treated as a joke, it did about as well as Ascended Saiyan did or SSG for that matter.

SSJ3 is much, much more interesting visually than SSG or whatever the blue poo poo is, as its mostly just a slight recolor.

• Locked thread