Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Supposedly, Ruri and Rin designs.

Psh. They don't look very crude and strong to me. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It really looks like the two should be flipped. Rin's got blue hair like Shun and Ruri shares Yugo's blonde hair.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nah, Ruri has the same hair-wing as Yuzu and Shun, plus the scarf. She definitely

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Justin_Brett posted:

I don't get why they hyped up the kid's duel for so long and then devoted less time to it than Yuzu dueling the idol. And having the kid who plays for fun just lose, that seems like a bad message.

I guess making Reira smile is the start of a plot thread that'll go throughout the second part of the series. I don't get the feeling it was hyped up at all, tho, he had one duel where people could start wondering if he's as skilled as Reiji and then about 4 minutes total of the junior division being referenced throughout 20 episodes seemed more like the bare minimum to set something up for later on.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I guess making Reira smile is the start of a plot thread that'll go throughout the second part of the series. I don't get the feeling it was hyped up at all, tho, he had one duel where people could start wondering if he's as skilled as Reiji and then about 4 minutes total of the junior division being referenced throughout 20 episodes seemed more like the bare minimum to set something up for later on.

Oh yeah definitely, but if it's gonna keep going I guess I'd prefer a full episode to continuing it. Oh well, not the first thing that looked like it would get more time than it did in this arc.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Last 3 or so episodes of the arc have been really rushed. I guess they wanted to get to choosing the lancers for the one year anniversary next week but it's still a bit disappointing. Hopefully they'll slow down soon.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This pacing is overwhelmingly, infinitely superior to Zexal and 5D's "describe every move of every duel in agonizing detail with peanut galleries chiming in every five seconds and the duel just ends with Stardust or Hope anyway", quitcher whining. :colbert:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

VJeff posted:

"describe every move of every duel in agonizing detail with peanut galleries chiming in every five seconds and the duel just ends with Stardust or Hope anyway"

i play pot of greed

it lets me draw two cards

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

VJeff posted:

This pacing is overwhelmingly, infinitely superior to Zexal and 5D's "describe every move of every duel in agonizing detail with peanut galleries chiming in every five seconds and the duel just ends with Stardust or Hope anyway", quitcher whining. :colbert:

I don't disagree. But i wanted to see more entertainment robots. :(

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Last 3 or so episodes of the arc have been really rushed. I guess they wanted to get to choosing the lancers for the one year anniversary next week but it's still a bit disappointing. Hopefully they'll slow down soon.

One of the show's directors or something mentioned to a magazine that to him all the first 50 episodes were basically Act 1 of three, each act getting a full year, so after next week we should be getting a slowdown and then multiverse stuff in full force. I liked how fast and hard hitting the last few weeks were, but yeah, stuff got rushed here and there and the whole battle royale was barely held together, specially those 8 or so hours where Yuya and co. where sleeping while Shun vs Sora and Yuri vs Yuzu dueled nonstop apparently.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

VJeff posted:

I was looking forward to Yuzu wrecking a dumb girly girl, I hoped she'd get to rub it in more. :colbert:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

I was looking forward to Yuzu wrecking a dumb girly girl, I hoped she'd get to rub it in more. :colbert:

Yuzu is too busy training with JACK ATLAS right now. :colbert:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Still waiting on someone showing me the best Dragon deck :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Still waiting on someone showing me the best Dragon deck :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSFYxnhrERk

Better play it while you can. The new banlist kicks in on Wednesday and kills the core of the deck.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Monarchs are wonderful.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkJa7zWX9U4

Watch the whole thing. :unsmigghh:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

:psyboom:

How many loving hours of his life did he spend planning this ridiculous thing?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

That combo doesn't work like that.

Strike of the Monarchs doesn't work like YGOPro has it programmed.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Oh thank god. I don't want to see a world where first-turn Horahkty is possible.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

First turn horakhty is possible.
But first turn Sophia Quasar Horakhty?
Impressive.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Where did you guys find the subbed episode 49? I am searching for it but I have yet to find anything.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

paradoxGentleman posted:

Where did you guys find the subbed episode 49? I am searching for it but I have yet to find anything.

They probably haven't watched it subbed, yet. (YGO doesn't have the most complicated Japanese dialogue.)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

paradoxGentleman posted:

There's no sub for another twelve-ish hours, probably.

But the raw is up on nyaa and if you want a script to go with it, here's this: http://pastebin.com/KsejU9Le

But yeah if you've been watching the whole series subbed up 'til this point and have picked up a few basic things, it's not at all difficult to follow along, especially when an episode is 95% dueling as this one is.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I am always worried about doing that, because what if this is the one episode where an important bit of plot is delivered through dialogue?

Thank you for the script, though.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I ordered a bunch of monarchs. Unsure if I'll regret doing so. Nothing wrong with Monarchs, right? They're an alright investment? :ohdear:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Monarchs are good.
Really good.

Fun too.
Nothing like dropping a mega Caius or that Mega that guts the extra deck

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

I ordered a bunch of monarchs. Unsure if I'll regret doing so. Nothing wrong with Monarchs, right? They're an alright investment? :ohdear:

Well financially you're hosed, you'll retire in your 90's, pretty cool deck though. ;)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

They're solid but the support will really push them into broken levels (the vassals) won't be released on the TCG for at least a year.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rigged Death Trap posted:

First turn horakhty is possible.
But first turn Sophia Quasar Horakhty?
Impressive.

if we ever get a pendulum monster with scale 11 I have plan ready for first turn Horakhty

Edit: or I'll just use a 9-10 scale
Edit2: gently caress Ra can't be special summoned nevermind

free basket of chips fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 30, 2015

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

you will regret it because you will never play irl

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

They really hosed up with when they released Ra in his current form. :smith:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Xoidanor posted:

They really hosed up with when they released Ra in his current form. :smith:

Errata buff please Konami.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

forbidden lesbian posted:

screw you im gonna go to games at my flgs
just need a Majesty's Fiend or two...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

I am always worried about doing that, because what if this is the one episode where an important bit of plot is delivered through dialogue?

Thank you for the script, though.

I'm usually like that, but this episode was sold as the big finale to the final duels that were going on, so it'd be mostly action stuff going on and I figured that's the best time to check it raw.

Plus I needed to know if the stupid ninja guy survived. And he did! gently caress yeah, ever since I saw the guy just dressed in a stupid ninja costume he became my favorite gimmick person and out of the 15~ish fodder people Reiji threw at Obelisk Force he was the only one to actually survive. Bless him and his adequate use of the Inverse Ninja Strength Law (how, even though it was a 3 on 3 duel, the ninja started it off by basically taking everything the Obelisk Force threw on by himself)

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Bees and me will have a sleepover and play yugioh and build robot models and you're not invited.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

screw you im gonna go to games at my flgs
just need a Majesty's Fiend or two...

lgs stands for local game store but what about the f

WHAT ABOUT THE F

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

WHAT ABOUT THE F

Friendly. Because why go to a non-friendly local game store and be treated like dirt?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm usually like that, but this episode was sold as the big finale to the final duels that were going on, so it'd be mostly action stuff going on and I figured that's the best time to check it raw.

It was anticlimactic and bad.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

WHAT ABOUT THE F

Fusion. No XYZ-scum allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013